[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Will Edge get a score on Turkey Day?

Big Score 1

You are forgetting about when Edge ran it down to the one and a half yard line and then the next coupla' plays Manning proceeded to attempt to pass for the TD. Went incomplete and Indy settled for a Field Goal.

574850[/snapback]

I didn't forget about Edge running it to the 2 yd line.

I wasn't even talking about Edge. I was referring to gak's statement that implied that the only reason Edge had such a big game is because Manning didn't throw much. I was pointing out that the Pass/run ratio was basically the same as always while Manning was in.

And btw, they only threw one pass after Edge's run to the 2 because his run was on 2nd Down. And frankly a lot of teams throw on 3rd & goal.

And put me down for 3 TD's for Manning and 2 TD's for Edge in yet another blowout game by the Colts. I can't wait to hear how everyone on here thinks Dungy mis-managed this blowout.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't forget about Edge running it to the 2 yd line.

I wasn't even talking about Edge. I was referring to gak's statement that implied that the only reason Edge had such a big game is because Manning didn't throw much. I was pointing out that the Pass/run ratio was basically the same as always while Manning was in.

575049[/snapback]

Gotcha. My Bad.

Ok we're now sitting at:

Yes Edge will score = 6

No Manning is a Greedy Bastage and wants all the TD's for himself = 5

Frankly, I think Edge in combination with this O line is a lousy short and goal RB. That NE game of last year is still very fresh in my memory. It seems to me that Edge gets the ball often, in a 1st and goal from the 8 yard line situation, and he has his only chance to score then. Inside the 5, I've don't think he is very effective. With so many weapons, the idea is to score, and how it's done doesn't matter. My favorite play on short and goal is still using the TE. The LB's get pulled in on the play fake, and the TE is usually open.

Now, for the coup de gras, yes, I am an Edge owner. I had him last year too. I don't think there is a shred of truth to this whole Manning bogarting stuff. Edge will continue to score occassionally. I'll take a guess and say he runs one in from around the 12.

Yes Edge will score = 7

No Manning is a Greedy Bastage and wants all the TD's for himself = 5

Hmm...on the CBS opening with Sponge Bob, it closed with Manning...but nary a word from Edge.

Was Sponge Bob telling us something? :D

Well it's too late to vote but:

"No Manning is a Greedy Bastage and wants all the TD's for himself = 5"

Reality is, there will be enough for all of them to gets theirs today. Even if its a blowout they'll probably run up the score. Vandy will probably run one in too.

Man Edge looks powerful!

He just ran right over a Lion for an extra 9 yards or so.

Then another short run by Edge followed by....what else.....a 13 yard Manning TD!

:D

Edited by Big Score 1

I've never been one of the "Manning is a greedy pig" brigade, but I'm beginning to hope he reaches 47 TDs, then pulls a muscle in his throwing arm or something. Nothing serious, just enough to keep him off the field.

Oh yeah, and Edge will be gone next year, no doubt.

I don't get it, they fake 50 times a game to Edge.

575446[/snapback]

Umm ok let me try and explain it to you.

When the offensive team is in a run situation and you have a great back like Edge and you pretend to hand him the football that will cause the defense to momentarily react to a run play.

This momentary lapse in judgement by the defense, will allow the offensive teams receivers a split second in which to gain separation from the defensive teams secondary players.

This separation if gained, is what allows the offensive teams QB to find a open receiver to throw the ball to.

I feel that this type of illusonary utilization of a player like Edge in a run situation is an excellent play call.

I also feel that it is Manning's ability to read what a defense is going to do, that allows him to switch to the play action fake, that makes him a genius.

And isn't it funny that the opposing teams defense can fall for this so many times each week. Especially since people such as yourself believe that Edge is being ignored by Manning.

If I was playing defense against the Colts and I knew that Edge was being ignored by Manning there's no way I would fall for a play action fake like that.

But then again maybe you just made my argument for me. Maybe it is the way that Edge has been used this year that makes the play action so effective.