[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Will Edge get a score on Turkey Day?

Big Score 1

Last time I checked, Stokley and Harrison were Colts players.  You can accuse Manning of running up the score if you want, but in every passing TD, there's a guy also benefitting - the receiver.

Manning not a team guy?  :D

577088[/snapback]

If Manning could figure out how to throw all those passes to himself I'm guessing he would try it.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As much as I like Marvin and appreciate him as a great receiver, I agree that Edge is more important to the offense than Marvin.  If defenses do not have to respect the run, Peyton ain't gonna be abe to throw the ball to anyone.

576016[/snapback]

I agree that having a solid running game is more important than a solid passing game. That said, the Colts are much better off signing Marvin to a long-term deal than Edge. Marvin's missed something like five games over the course of his career while Edge has torn a knee ligament and has been hampered with numerous nagging injuries over the past two years. Most halfbacks can produce in their rookie seasons, while it usually takes a good WR a good three years to reach his potential.

IMO, the best-case scenario for the Colts is to sign Marvin to a four-year deal at the end of this year, franchise tag Edge, let Edge go (at age 28) after the '05 season, sign Wayne to a four-year deal, and draft another HB in '06.

I see that the Manning haters are still out in full force. This guy throws more TDs (six) than incomplete passes (five) in less than three quarters, passes the 40-TD mark in Week 12, and you people are ripping him. How sad. :D

Peyton's play this year does not surprise me, I always thought he was never a team guy, so far this year he is proving it.

576863[/snapback]

Harrison: 11 TDs

Wayne: 9 TDs

Stokley: 8 TDs

Pollard: 6 TDs

Clark: 5 TDs

Yeah, that Manning's a real selfish jerk. How much money do you suppose that Pollard and Stokley will make as free agents next year after Peyton inflated their stats and put them in the spotlight? :D

Harrison: 11 TDs

Wayne: 9 TDs

Stokley: 8 TDs

Pollard: 6 TDs

Clark: 5 TDs

Yeah, that Manning's a real selfish jerk.  How much money do you suppose that Pollard and Stokley will make as free agents next year after Peyton inflated their stats and put them in the spotlight?  :D

577347[/snapback]

I agree, and from what I heard the announcers say on Thursday, I doubt Stokley is going anywhere. He and Manning apparently are very close, and Manning campaigned long and hard to get Stokley to Indy. He'll make more money, yes, but it will be with Indy, I think.

Stokley is actually not a free agent.  He has one more year left on his deal.  However, his cap number goes through the roof next year.  The Colts will have to restructure or release him.

577376[/snapback]

I read on Colts.com that he's already declined the option in his contract for next year.

Ahh, yes.  I forgot about hearing that.  I wonder what he will do?  Would any team offer him #2 WR money?  I would think so.  If he gets a big offer, he is gone, 'cause there is no way the Colts can afford to keep him at a high salary.

577393[/snapback]

I wonder if the Colts would keep Stokley and let Harrsion go? :D

Ahh, yes.  I forgot about hearing that.  I wonder what he will do?  Would any team offer him #2 WR money?  I would think so.  If he gets a big offer, he is gone, 'cause there is no way the Colts can afford to keep him at a high salary.

577393[/snapback]

I was going to post the link for this, but now I can't find it.

Yeah, I don't see him in Indy next year either. He's going to be over-paid by someone else as a #2. Unfortunately, I think that Pollard will probably be gone as well, as he's going to command some cash as well. But if they can re-sign Marvin (I can't imagine them not doing so) and keep Reggie around, their passing game should be OK. Maybe not 50-TD OK, but still good.

Yeah, that Manning's a real selfish jerk. 

577347[/snapback]

Glad to see you agree. :D Kinda neat how you can remove part of a post and make it look different.

My comment was how Manning (or someone else in the Colts organization if you believe someone else is making the play calls) runs up the score with all the passing scores instead of just running the ball like most other teams would do (when up by 20+ points).

Of course Manning is going to throw TD's to his teammates, you think he'll throw them to himself??

Edited by Judge Smales