[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Any Randy Moss News?

kraftykraft

In my never-ending quest to shift some of my excess keepers for next year, so that I can get somebody who will help me lock our league championship this year, I want to make a deal for Moss.

However, I don't see any more news on him over the last several days worth of threads and news.

Does anybody know when he is coming back? His status for this week was "out" so I don't expect it will until at least the first weekend in December.

He did some practicing, or running in practice, or something like that late this week, and I heard that it's likely he will be back for week 12 (next week). Honestly though, I'm of the opinion that there will be no way to really gauge how well he will be able to play until we actually see it.

Tice will lie, lie, lie about Moss, so no matter if he says "he looks great" or whatever, you just really won't know. To illustrate my point, I read late this week that he looked really good in practice. Then today I saw Mike Ditka on a halftime show imply that his source with the Vikes said that they expect Randy back but don't expect much at all out of him.

Like I said, I won't believe either point of view until I see him back on the field playing and can judge for myself. Hopefully that will be next week. :D

This was from 11-17, Tice did say Moss would not play until he completes a full week of practice. We shall see this week.

MOSS WATCH

Randy Moss was listed as doubtful for Sunday’s game, but the All-Pro receiver caught passes from third-string quarterback Shaun Hill in full pads for 20 minutes Wednesday morning -- his first "football workout" in more than two weeks. He also will participate in the team's morning walkthrough Thursday.

Moss, who has missed two straight games and hasn’t caught a pass since straining his right hamstring Oct. 17, didn’t participate in practice Wednesday afternoon. Earlier this week, Tice said Moss wouldn’t play again until he completes a full week of practice.

link

This was from 11-17, Tice did say Moss would not play until he completes a full week of practice. We shall see this week.

link

569659[/snapback]

Yesterday Ditka said he had sources telling him he won't be back near 100% this season.

With all the conflicting information and rumors flying about, I'd temper you're enthusiasm for now, but this latest tidbit from Rotoworld is certainly promising:

Latest News  Nov. 22, 2004 - 7:26 pm et 

Coach Mike Tice said on the NFL Network that Randy Moss "will play" this week.

His progress in practice this week will determine his role. Considering the playing time fiasco with Moss a few weeks back, we'd be surprised if Minnesota played Moss in a limited role.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpag...ort=NFL&id=4262