[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who is the most overated player in the league?

pork chop express

I am a Skins fan and have several players I would like to think are, but right now, I think Lavar has to be on my team. I love his attitude, but he seems to make the pro bowl on rep and potential alone. The best thing he has ever done is to knock Aikmen into retirement. Granted he has had a new coach and system every year he has been in the leauge, but.....

On your favorite team, who is the most overated player?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On my team (GB), Cletidus Hunt. We paid the guy an insane signing bonus, and he sucks. He lacks any passion for the game.

Sticking with DTs, I think Chris Hovan of the Vikes is the most overrated player in the league. His notoritey has ebbed now that people see how poor he is, but last year he was doing Pizza Hut commercials with Rich Gannon and Michael Strahan. Now it sounds like the Vikes have no interest in signing him next year. The guy is all hype.

Thrash is trash! What a waste of a good mil a year that could be better spent.

However... on the 'Skins I firmly believe that Coles is much overrated. 35 mil for this guy? 1 TD this year and 500 yards.... and he ALWAYS seems to be injured or dinged up. Tired of excuses... a good WR can perform decently even if he has a lousy QB.

On my Steeeeeeelers? Hmm. It's been soooo long since anybody bothered rating Pittsburgh that it's tough to be "over-rated"!!!

Joey Porter seemingly disappears for some games and then will have a dominant game where he looks like he belongs with the likes of Mean Joe and Greg Lloyd ... hopefully, when he's not being noticed, he's causing havoc which allows Farrior or others to shine.

My hometown team is the Bears. Years ago David Terrel was the most overrated. Now everybody knows he's bad. My choice for modern times is Brian Urlacher hands down. I remember last year in Monday newspapers they would say he got 15 tackles almost every game. Then an analist went back and reviewed tape and usually Brian only got like 4 or 5. Plus he sucks at getting out of blocks.

Lavar ... The best thing he has ever done is to knock Aikmen into retirement.

On your favorite team, who is the most overated player?

570392[/snapback]

Didn't he date Serena Williams? Maybe that still doesn't rate as the best thing he has ever done.

You guys are being much too hard on these people. Have a little sympathy, they play a game as work and are millionaires at 24. At which time they may choose to retire and emulate cheech and chong in the movie "gone up in smoke". I think that's the name anyway. Shame on you for expecting them to produce for their job and paycheck as everyone else must do, after all they're just human. I'd like to see one take a pay cut for having a bad year, but nope they moan when they're suspended for a drug charge, something many of us would be immediately fired for.

I am a Skins fan and have several players I would like to think are, but right now, I think Lavar has to be on my team. I love his attitude, but he seems to make the pro bowl on rep and potential alone. The best thing he has ever done is to knock Aikmen into retirement. Granted he has had a new coach and system every year he has been in the leauge, but.....

570392[/snapback]

I thought that Tony Brackens knocked Aikman into retirement? I know he gave him a concussion, but perhaps I'm wrong about that being the last straw...

As a Cowboys fan, there are just too many choices.

Larry Allen - a mere shell of his former dominant self, yet he makes the Pro Bowl year in and year out.

Keyshawn Johnson - a #3 possession receiver on any other team.

LaRoi Glover - hasn't made much of an impact and is too light in the posterior to play inside on a Bill Parcell's line.

Marcellus Wiley - making about $4 mil. a year to take up a roster spot.

Dexter Coakley - age is starting to rob him of some of his speed. Wouldn't start for many other teams, and with Bradie James behind him, probably won't be starting for the 'boys next year.

Terrence Newman - absolutely horrible. Hopefully he'll rebound from the sophomore slump.

Roy Williams - like Newman, he's playing absolutely horrible football. He can't cover and he's making no plays at the line of scrimmage. I think he misses Darren Woodson back there. For that matter, I think the whole defense is missing Darren Woodson this year.

Edited by General Itals

You guys are being much too hard on these people. Have a little sympathy, they play a game as work and are millionaires at 24. At which time they may choose to retire and emulate cheech and chong in the movie "gone up in smoke". I think that's the name anyway. Shame on you for expecting them to produce for their job and paycheck as everyone else must do, after all they're just human. I'd like to see one take a pay cut for having a bad year, but nope they moan when they're suspended for a drug charge, something many of us would be immediately fired for.

570447[/snapback]

I swear by this and you can quote me. If i ever become a sports player and im pretty good but then have a crappy season, i WILL take a pay cut. I swear i will. Only one obstacle stands, i need talent! :D

On my favorite team, the Chargers, there are none! They were all underrated! :D

Actually, I would say Tim Dwight, I never understood why they gave that guy so much money. I like the guy, I just don't know what they saw in him to give him that much CASH!

Also, Sammy Davis is going through some growing pains. As a high #1 DB, he needs to be patient and just let the game happen. He has been pressing a lot! Once he settles in, probably next year, Jammer and Davis will be a deadly pair of corners that will make this D even better.

I will probably surprise the Athena out of everone here by saying this, but I think Brees is over rated right now! He has definately benefited from superior O-line play, improved WRs and the developement of Gates. He was showing some signs of old in the game against the Raiders this weekend, though he was VERY effective on third down. If it wasn't for a healthier LT, they lose that game!

Don't get me worng, he's a great kid, but he lacks some of the tools and arm strength you need from a pocket passer. His out pattern strength is lacking and the balls tend to float. He should have been picked at least twice, maybe three times against the Raiders, but fortunately, the Raiders look like the Chargers of recent memory right now. Brees is also short for a QB. They list Brees at 6', but I know he isn't that tall. My friend that works for the Chargers is 6', and he is a couple of inches taller than Brees. On the final drive, the end zone camera angle said it all on the replay. Brees knew where Keenan was, but couldn't see him. Brees had to jump (a move he got from Flutie no doubt!?!?) to see him and make the toss. It wasn't in the press, but if you saw the game, Marty was PISSED when Brees came to the sideline after the play when the Raiders called a Time Out. That was the stuff that caused the Chargers some games last year. It all worked out, the Chargers won and they glossed it over in the post-game. But if you were watching, Cam Cameron (Offensive Coordinator) pushed Marty away and delt with Brees himself.

Rivers is definately the future of this organization. At 6'5", he can see the field, has a lightning fast arm and can throw the out on a rope. He is also faster and has better feet. The tools are there, it is no guarantee that he developes, but he can't be worse than Brees and is probably better once he gets some snaps.

Right now, you have to give Brees some of those "intangibles" and he may go on to be a solid year in year out NFL QB. I do think he is playing over his head right now.