[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Hey Manning haters...

Jrick35

This guy has to be stopped. Why don't you all shift your anger & malice towards Martz and the Rams?

He has arguably one of the most talented offenses in the league.

What could be an amazingly explosive Run game, and yet here we are through 10 Games and the Rams are 5-5 with losses to...New Orleans, Miami and Buffalo.

And they narrowly escaped with a win against Arizona in week 1.

These teams have a combined record on the year of 14-26. But the Rams are just 1-3 in games against them.

In the 3 losses the Rams averaged only 18 rushing attempts per game, and I had to include Bulger's scrambles to make the number that high.

But in the same 3 games they averaged better than 42 passes per game.

In the lone win of the 4 games they ran the ball 30 times and passed only 34 times. And they won. Hey that ratio is remarkably close to the 35 passes/31 runs per game that the Colts are averaging. The big difference is that the Colts are doing it every week and winning.

On the season the Rams are averaging 36 passes per game and only 24 rushes. And Marshall Faulk, who is still averaging 4.4 yds per carry is only getting 15 carries per game.

Why isn't anyone on here whose harping on Manning and the Colts jumping all over Martz and the Rams?

And they are in the same boat defensivley as the Colts. The Rams defense is only ranked 2 places ahead of the Colts so whatever need the Colts have to change their offensive approach to make up for their defense, despite being in 1st place in their division, the Rams must have the same need because they have lost 2 more game than the Colts and they are losing to some pretty bad teams as well.

This is the team you should all be talking about. This is the team that neeeds to remember that they have a great RB and start giving him the ball as much as the Colts are giving the ball to James.

In case you're wondering in their 5 wins they averaged 33 passes and 31 rushes and Marshall averaged 19 carries. Again remarkably close to the ratio that the Colts have been operating at all year. But the Colts are winning and the Rams are losing and Faulk is losing fantasy value as a result and not a peep out of anyone.

I don't get it.

Everyone has already accepted that Martz is an idiot.

:D

570593[/snapback]

True.

I'm just trying to re-direct the Manning criticism's in a more appropriate direction.

Since everything that the Manning bashers are falsely claiming about him and the Colts is actually true about Martz and the Rams.

It's an absolute shame what he is being allowed to do to that group of athletes.

Since everything that the Manning bashers are falsely claiming about him and the Colts is actually true about Martz and the Rams.

570598[/snapback]

Just my take -- the Archie / Eli draft day situation created a large group of Manning haters, and this just gives most of them another reason to cry, biatch, and moan about the Mannings. I think if the whiners were honest, most would say that is closer to the truth than anything else. JMHO.

Everyone has already accepted that Martz is an idiot.

:D

570593[/snapback]

I still can't believe that he played right into Belichick's hands in SB 36.

"Hmm... let's see. They're dropping seven defenders back into coverage. I know! I'll tell Kurt to throw it to Bruce on a curl pattern!"

"And the pass is INTERCERCEPTED BY TY LAW! TOUCHDOWN!"

He lost with one of the most powerful offenses in the history of the NFL and a defense that was ranked 3rd in yards allowed to a team that could only muster 13 offensive points. He should've been fired immediately after the game.

Edited by Bill Swerski

I still can't believe that he played right into Belichick's hands in SB 36. 

"Hmm... let's see.  They're dropping seven defenders back into coverage.  I know!  I'll tell Kurt to throw it to Bruce on a curl pattern!"

"And the pass is INTERCERCEPTED BY TY LAW!  TOUCHDOWN!"

He lost with one of the most powerful offenses in the history of the NFL and a defense that was ranked 3rd in yards allowed to a team that could only muster 13 offensive points.  He should've been fired immediately after the game.

570851[/snapback]

And he has done nothing since then to make up for it. He is a lousy Headcoach. He needs to go back being an Offensive Coordinator so he'll have a Head Coach to keep him from calling stupid plays.