[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Refs let the Pats D get away with another...

Bill Swerski

Come on! That was pass interference on Harrison in the endzone. He manhandled Gonzo about 13 yards past the line of scrimmage (right where the ball was thrown) and the freaking refs missed it!

What a bunch of crap. How is it that the refs consistently ignore illegal contact/pass interference when the NE defense is on the field?

Edited by Bill Swerski

I sometimes wonder the same thing about the NE secondary. In fact, most every team that plays them thinks the same thing.

570914[/snapback]

I'm not a fan of either team and it's dead obvious to me.

I mean, Jesus, the whole "point of emphasis" that the league pushed earlier this year was BECAUSE of the Pats. And they're STILL getting away with it in such OBVIOUS ways? How?

I thought Gonzo was fighting to get to the ball, the defender did not initiate the contact, Gonzo did.........good no call.

570927[/snapback]

IIRC, the defender pushed Gonzo back on his ass and didn't even turn around to look at the ball. That's pass interference, no?

And yet they had one call for illegal contact on Harrison in which he literally just brushed his hand on the receiver.

BTW...on the call you mention it is the other defensive player making contact with the receiver, and there was contact.

However, you are just reacting to it because you are sensitive to it and want the Pats to get penalized for a perceived wrongdoing in their past. I think it's pretty fair to say that the refs are consistently inconsistent with these calls, and that I see both sides get away with quite a bit every week. People get upset about the Pats getting away with it, not because they get away with more, but because the Pats keep winning and people want things to be pissed about.

I thought it was a bad no-call as well but I've seen much worse. I think a guy Gonzo's size should be a bit more physical and quit letting puny defenders get the better of him. It seems like alot of recievers these days are quick to look for the call when contact is made rather than fight for the ball themselves.

Stupid new rules. :D

I think all the people who whine about Peyton throwing too many TDs and all the people who whine about the Pats getting no-calls on pass interference should go rent a ski house together this winter.

A. If there was ANY contact, it was Phifer, not Harrison, B. No one knocked Gonzo "on his ass" because he was standing up the entire play, and C. Gonzo was battling and shoving off as much as the Phifer was , and Harrison just stepped in front of/underneath them both and picked it off.

So please, enough of the :bawling:

Edited by msaint

There may have been contact but Green should have NEVER thrown that ball. Blames on him, not the ref.

571194[/snapback]

Agreed, if Green is going to take advantage of Gonzo's height/incredible leaping advantage, then throw a jump ball. He barely got that pass off the ground.

There may have been contact but Green should have NEVER thrown that ball. Blames on him, not the ref.

571194[/snapback]

Agreed as well. Even with the contact, he still could have completed it if the ball was thrown better. Gonzo would have had to come to a complete stop and catch the ball at his knees for it to be complete. If that ball is thrown OP, where Gonzo can go and get it, it's probably six.

However, you are just reacting to it because you are sensitive to it and want the Pats to get penalized for a perceived wrongdoing in their past.  I think it's pretty fair to say that the refs are consistently inconsistent with these calls, and that I see both sides get away with quite a bit every week.  People get upset about the Pats getting away with it, not because they get away with more, but because the Pats keep winning and people want things to be pissed about.

571034[/snapback]

Wow pretty much game, set and match right there............

That bottom line is the Pats are a well coached team and proved it last night while the Chiefs have all the talent in the world with an awful coaching staff. I look at the Chiefs and ask myself how the hell can they be 3-7? If you take both teams and swap coaching staffs the Chiefs would have crushed the Pats.

However, you are just reacting to it because you are sensitive to it and want the Pats to get penalized for a perceived wrongdoing in their past.

571034[/snapback]

"Perceived?" :D Are you kidding me?

No, I want the rules enforced. Because they weren't enforced in SB 36 or either of the league championship games last year.

BTW, I agree that the call on Harrison later in the game was a bad one. Then again, that one didn't take away 7 points from the other team.

I think it's pretty fair to say that the refs are consistently inconsistent with these calls, and that I see both sides get away with quite a bit every week.  People get upset about the Pats getting away with it, not because they get away with more, but because the Pats keep winning and people want things to be pissed about.

This is where you're wrong. I'm not upset with the Pats for cheating. I'm upset with the refs for not enforcing the rules.