[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

yo momma, thanks for the Colts D pick!

soopanuts

I plugged them in over the Pats this week and they got me 17 in my local...nice job. :D

571704[/snapback]

Thank you very much, soopanuts. That was my favorite pick from last week just because it was so ballsy. I seriously contemplated benching the Seahawks for the Colts, but opted not to. As it turns out they would have done the same, so it didn't matter. But I'm really glad to hear it helped someone.

But more importantly, did you win?

Edited by yo mama

Picking the Colts' D against the Bears totally inept passing game was "ballsy"?

Come on now!

571724[/snapback]

Well, the match up was pretty obvious. But the Colts' DEF was, at least at the time, generally regarded as one of the worst in the NFL. That's the part that was ballsy, in my opinion.

what do you think ?  Ride them again this week against Detroit ?  I'm thinking about it !!!!!!!!!!!

571970[/snapback]

You could, but I don't think they will be as productive this week, compared to last. The Colts' DEF has certainly stepped up over the last three weeks. And the Lions (who will at first try to run the ball) will eventually be forced to pass a lot later in the game in an impossible attempt to keep up. Since Harrington has hardly any healthy WRs to throw to I think the Colts could have some opportunities to turn the ball over. But it won't surprise me at all if the Lions score 17 or more points, which could take some of the luster out of the Colts' defensive productivity, if your defensive scoring rules award points based on limiting points and yardage.

The Colts will undoubtedly wipe their collective behinds with the Lions on Thursday. But Harrington is, in all probably, playing for his job this week. So I expect him to go down swinging.

Edited by yo mama

Not to steal the thunder from the Trash Can, but any preview of what this week's sleeper DEF will be?  :D

572021[/snapback]

Actually, I'm working on a DEF expose for this week. I'll be laying out several DEF picks for this week and next. I know not every likes the "feature article" stuff that I do, but I just did too much darn work on this for my own sake to let it go to waste.

However, the most obvious pick up this week is Dallas. They play Chicago. At this point in the season, that's all the analysis you require.

Actually, I'm working on a DEF expose for this week.  I'll be laying out several DEF picks for this week and next.  I know not every likes the "feature article" stuff that I do, but I just did too much darn work on this for my own sake to let it go to waste. 

However, the most obvious pick up this week is Dallas.  They play Chicago.  At this point in the season, that's all the analysis you require.

572031[/snapback]

Agreed. Looking forward to the full story tomorrow.

My god...just play any defense facing the Bears...last week it was Indy, this week it's the Cowboys...I'm sure they are on your waiver wire. The Bears are giving up an average of 16.11 pts. per game to opposing defenses, give or take a bit as to how your league scores defensive/special teams points...IMHO, it's all about the match-ups from week to week.

Here's my analyses through week 10 on all 32 teams and how many total points they've given up and their weekly average...(this just using my main money league scoring system for D/ST)

MIA - 165 total pts. given up/18.33 ppg avg.

CHI - 145 total pts. given up/16.11 ppg avg.

WAS - 145 total pts. given up/16.11 ppg avg.

BUF - 138 total pts. given up/15.33 ppg avg.

CLE - 137 total pts. given up/15.22 ppg avg.

SF - 129 total pts. given up/14.33 ppg avg.

ARI - 124 total pts. given up/13.78 ppg avg.

OAK - 121 total pts. given up/13.44 ppg avg.

TB - 121 total pts. given up/13.44 ppg avg.

TEN - 115 total pts. given up/12.78 ppg avg.

BAL - 114 total pts. given up/12.67 ppg avg.

CIN - 108 total pts. given up/12.00 ppg avg.

DET - 108 total pts. given up/12.00 ppg avg.

HOU - 106 total pts. given up/11.78 ppg avg.

JAX - 100 total pts. given up/11.11 ppg avg.

ATL - 99 total pts. given up/11.00 ppg avg.

DAL - 97 total pts. given up/10.78 ppg avg.

CAR - 93 total pts. given up/10.33 ppg avg.

NE - 93 total pts. given up/10.33 ppg avg.

NYG - 90 total pts. given up/10.00 ppg avg.

NO - 87 total pts. given up/9.67 ppg avg.

KC - 83 total pts. given up/9.22 ppg avg.

STL - 83 total pts. given up/9.22 ppg avg.

PIT - 73 total pts. given up/8.11 ppg avg.

SEA - 73 total pts. given up/8.11 ppg avg.

NYJ - 66 total pts. given up/7.33 ppg avg.

DEN - 65 total pts. given up/7.22 ppg avg.

GB - 63 total pts. given up/7.00 ppg avg.

MIN - 62 total pts. given up/6.89 ppg avg.

PHI - 59 total pts. given up/6.56 ppg avg.

SD - 45 total pts. given up/5.00 ppg avg.

IND - 37 total pts. given up/4.11 ppg avg.

Edited by ABearWithFurniture

Actually, I'm working on a DEF expose for this week.  I'll be laying out several DEF picks for this week and next.  I know not every likes the "feature article" stuff that I do, but I just did too much darn work on this for my own sake to let it go to waste. 

However, the most obvious pick up this week is Dallas.  They play Chicago.  At this point in the season, that's all the analysis you require.

572031[/snapback]

I was thinking about playing the Bears D. Dallas is tied for the largest Net diff. in Takeaway/Giveaway with a -16 and only 7 Takeaways and 23 Giveaways. Where the Bears have 21 Takeaways but they do have 24 Giveaways. The Bears have better return men IMO.

That was my favorite pick from last week just because it was so ballsy. 

571718[/snapback]

Speaking of ballsy, a week after the Cards D gave me a -4, I played them again based on their propensity to play better at home, and their matchup. Ended up with a respectable 10 points. :D

I think that the Bengles D/ST is a great one to grab.

I picked them up a couple of weeks ago and feel so confident in them that they are my only D I am currently carrying for the stretch run. Most people are hesitant to go near them because they got off to such a rough start, and let's face it they are the Bengles. But they have been playing pretty well lately, and have been putting up plenty of fantasy points via turnovers and sacks. They also have a pretty nice schedule down the stretch. Check this out:

Week 12: vs. Cleveland

Week 13: @ Baltimore

Week 14: @ New England

Week 15: vs. Buffalo

Week 16: @ Miami

The only matchup not a real peach is week 14 @ New England, and even that could be worse. In my standard performance scoring league (standard CBS Sportsline scoring) they haven't scored under 12 points in any of the last 6 games.

Also, consider this comparison to the Ravens:

Ravens have 14 INTs, Bengles have 13 INTs

Ravens have 30 Sacks, Bengles have 25 Sacks

Ravens have 7 FR, Benglas have 12 FR

Granted, the Ravens have scored 7 defensive TDs compared to the Bengles 3, but 3 defensive TDs still isn't too shabby.

I'm not by any means saying I would take the Bengals over the Ravens, but considering the Bengles can probably be found on most waiver wires, they make a great pick up in my opinion.

Edited by Skrappy1

I was thinking about playing the Bears D. Dallas is tied for the largest Net diff. in Takeaway/Giveaway with a -16 and only 7 Takeaways and 23 Giveaways. Where the Bears have 21 Takeaways but they do have 24 Giveaways. The Bears have better return men IMO.

572331[/snapback]

Nothing wrong with the Bears' DEF versus Dallas. Only, they've earned the 3rd most points amoung DEFs in my local and 5th most in my Huddle league. I generally try to stear clear of the top dogs in any category (it is the Trash Can, after all) though the Bears certainly crept up near the top of that DEF list pretty quietly.

I think that the Bengles D/ST is a great one to grab. 

I picked them up a couple of weeks ago and feel so confident in them that they are my only D I am currently carrying for the stretch run.  Most people are hesitant to go near them because they got off to such a rough start, and let's face it they are the Bengles.  But they have been playing pretty well lately, and have been putting up plenty of fantasy points via turnovers and sacks.  They also have a pretty nice schedule down the stretch.  Check this out:

Week 12:  vs. Cleveland

Week 13:  @ Baltimore

Week 14:  @ New England

Week 15:  vs. Buffalo

Week 16:  @ Miami

572639[/snapback]

Hey, you don't have to convince me. I've recommended the Bengals a few times this year and they've done great. But the sad truth is they are a top 12 DEF at this point in the sesaon. Well, not sad for you; sad for the Trash Can Report. Plus, I think the Free Agent Forecast recommended the Bengals DEF this week, anyways.