[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The FFTOC Week 12 Playoffs Push!

Rovers

I've been looking over a lot of teams, especially those in the 150 to 250 rankings.... yes, some are burning studs, others aren't.... but it seems to me that it's because the ones that aren't already have! :D It also seems that the utilization number does mean something, after all. I looked at the top 50 teams, sorted by utilization number. Of the top 50, only 7 are not in the top 200 overall. One of those stands at 201, so it's more like 44 out of the top 50 utilization managers are headed to the playoffs.

So, I guess it's a good thing I'm fifth in U ratio rankings. Since it's public info, here is what i still have on the bench to play.....

QB's: Manning, CPep, Brees, Brady Delhomme, Lefty

RB's: Brown, LT2, Duece (both of them) Martin, Holmes, Alexander, Green, Rudi, T Jones, Westbrook

WR's: R Moss, TO, Harrison, Moulds, Muhammed, R Williams, Boldin and Fitz, Driver, chambers, Burress, etc

TE's: Shockey, Crumpler, Gonzo, D Clark, McMicheal

How does my stud stockpile stand up? I think I'm in good shape, if I can stay in the top 200, now 30 points ahead of the 200th manager. I'm just really unsure of what to do in this last week of the regular season....

I'm sitting at #268, 14 points behind #200. I am 103 points behind my bracket leader (who is #9 overall) and have no chance of catching him. I'm not even thinking of burning too many studs just to make the top 200 & have nothing left if I did. I'll try to find some good matchups, leave myself a decent amount of studs and hope to squeak in.

Looks like I'm the benchmark in the contest.

1,145.32 84.22 1.27 Ranking 198.

The worst of all in my bracket for the week. From 1st to 4th in a single week. I do have many studs left. I'd have to consult my home pc for the list.

I think that many of those studs will be played this weekend.

I definetly have more studs available to me than anybody else in my bracket.

Edited by MikesVikes

I burned more studs than I planned on but I sat and thought about it and what I came up with is that if you burn them on a good week then it's really not a big deal. Yes it might be harder to find a prime matchup in the playoffs but I have to get there first and I was really lagging early on.

I am down a little this week from 68 to 109. Thus kicker points from when I put Mare in there sure look huge right now.

Anyway, I have a lot of those same guys, Rovers. I expect anyone that is not top 200 to really put the push on this week so I'm not going to be afraid to use just about anyone.,

Skip, You talked about Mare.... I can't help but to think about my big bonehead move.... when I started Nedney instead of Anderson as a kicker for Tenn. I wanted the Titan's kicker that week, and forgot Nedney was hurt. I lost 12 points on that. That 12 points sure looks HUGH now. Could be the difference in burning a stud this week. :violin: At least if I can make the playoffs, I can forget about that mistake....maybe! :D

I'm #47 overall, but I'm still over 30 points behind my bracket leader.  I'm pretty much out of WR's and I will have to pull a major rabbit out of my arse in order to advance!    :D

571912[/snapback]

Edit: Let me clarify... I'm confident I'll advance, but I'm pretty much giving up on my Bracket at this point.

My butt is sore from everyone kicking it. :D:D

I don't have a fart's chance in a windstorm. I started out using very few studs and was holding my own. By wk 4-5 I burned a couple and was in Div #1 and 47th overall. Then I started to slidedown. Burned studs like crazy, only to use them in their worst weeks! B):D

I put my picks in, but unless the top 300 die over the weekend, I'm out!

Best of luck to the rest of you! Hope y'all place in the top 10!

I'm like rockn.. started out very strong, not using any studs and hitting on my matchup plays.. thenthe slidebegan, so i started using a few more studs than anticipated and missing completely.... now i am 10 points behind my division leader, 37 points out of the top 200.. and to think, after 6 weeks i was in the top 20 and cruising.

I'm like rockn.. started out very strong, not using any studs and hitting on my matchup plays.. thenthe slidebegan, so i started using a few more studs than anticipated and missing completely.... now i am 10 points behind my division leader, 37 points out of the top 200.. and to think, after 6 weeks i was in the top 20 and cruising.

572311[/snapback]

Hey BC........we be bros! I'll be in it next year, but not sure how to change the strategy when I went w/ studs and they bombed! :D Sorry, but............like BJ and Craps.....you gotta get the rolls and I didn't! :violin: Luck still plays a big part.

Edit for:

This year has been a disaster! The reverse MIDAS touch! Everything I touch turns to crap. Not cryin' just 'splainin'! :violin: I truly wish all huddlers in this thing to do their best and keep the tradition that THE HUDDLE IS THE BEST No BS! !:D

Edited by rocknrobn26