[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Randy Moss Update Thread

Avernus

lol...I will personally bump it before the games...at halftime and after the games...

and the thing is...the question isn't whether he'll perform...it's whether he'll play the whole game...

and I'm saying yes....even Moss has games where he gets like 30 yds and a TD....but he doesn't take himself out of the game early due to injury...

I know what I've seen...and it was enough for me...

573387[/snapback]

Good enough.

Wish MV would chime in though...

So I am starting Pittman/Westbrook and Owens/Lelie. Guess I best sit .... and start Moss. Probably Pittman.

>>>>>No need for anyone to respond to the start/sit... was not a question. <<<<

Good enough.

Wish MV would chime in though...

So I am starting Pittman/Westbrook and Owens/Lelie. Guess I best sit .... and start Moss. Probably Pittman.

>>>>>No need for anyone to respond to the start/sit... was not a question. <<<<

573445[/snapback]

If MV has seen any tapes of Moss on local news stations...he knows what I'm talking about...

If MV has seen any tapes of Moss on local news stations...he knows what I'm talking about...

573452[/snapback]

It is obvous that you feel strongly about it... and that is why I am here at the Huddle... for just this kind of info and passion about a situation.

Moss it is. :D

Avernus, was he running with first string?  I read a report of how he caught a 50yd bomb for a td in practice.... against the scout team guys.  So not really sure how much that counts... just curious...

573457[/snapback]

thats exactly what I saw...I was half awake...but that must have been what I saw...I just knew I woke up thinking...***...I have to start Moss...

I didn't exactly recall what I saw...but I saw alot of good sh!t going on....

Moss looks "superb" Updated 11/24/04

Moss, Randy WR MIN

News: The Minneapolis Star Tribune reports Vikings coach Mike Tice said Randy Moss (hamstring) was in "superb" condition after a rigorous 26-minute workout on Tuesday.

Analysis: Moss remains listed as doubtful for Week 12, but it appears he could see 20-25 snaps.

I think the situation is being downplayed..

and if Moss feels fine, do you think he'll let coach meathead make him sit for more than a handful of plays?

I think not...

Edited by Avernus

From the St.Paul Pioneer Press (I'd put a link but it requires one of those annoying sign in's)... posted today 11/24

Moss still on target to play

BY SEAN JENSEN

Pioneer Press

Vikings receiver Randy Moss endured more physical tests Tuesday and remains on track to play Sunday against the Jacksonville Jaguars.

Moss tested his strained right hamstring Monday by hopping on each leg three times and running three 40-yard dashes. He did similar, though more rigorous, exercises Tuesday under the supervision of trainer Chuck Barta. Coach Mike Tice is cautiously optimistic that Moss will play upwards of 25 plays against the Jaguars.

"He's on pace," Tice said. "He'll do more each day."

Moss is expected to be listed as doubtful on today's injury report, but the team hopes he'll be upgraded later in the week.

Although he made two token appearances against the Tennessee Titans and New York Giants, Moss essentially has been out of the lineup the past five games. During that span, the Vikings are 2-3.

In the first five games of the season, the Vikings averaged 353 yards passing and 30 points; over the past five, they've averaged 225 yards passing and 22.8 points.

Moss has 394 yards receiving and eight receiving touchdowns. If he wants to extend his record of 1,000 yards receiving to start an NFL career to seven years, he will need to average 101 yards over the final six games.

Moss has 394 yards receiving and eight receiving touchdowns. If he wants to extend his record of 1,000 yards receiving to start an NFL career to seven years, he will need to average 101 yards over the final six games.[/i]

573539[/snapback]

here's to Moss averaging over 101 yds a game the rest of the way :D

I'm making a strong offer for him in my league (D. Davis, Clayton, McNair) and hope he doesn't crap-out!  One fly pattern and a back-leg-grabbing incident would really p!ss me off!

574252[/snapback]

or someone can pat him on his rear....even ask AJ Feeley :D

Vikings: Moss upgraded

THE NEWS

Wide receiver Randy Moss, who has missed essentially the last five games with a partially-torn right hamstring, made it through his third straight practice and was upgraded from doubtful to questionable on the official injury report. Moss is expected to start Sunday against the Jaguars and play up to 25 snaps, the majority of them most likely in the red zone.

OUR VIEW

After missing the game's top receiver for more than a month, Moss' fantasy owners should be ecstatic to have him back even on a somewhat limited basis this week.

Ok. I'll chime in. I haven't seen Moss on tape so Avernus is ahead of me there.

I would disregard how Moss is listed on the injury report. That will have little effect on how he does in the game. If he is suited up and playing, which I have no doubt that he is, he should be good to go for any FF team as well.

I agree that if anything, Moss has a much better chance of playing better than expected than worse. Moss is the NFL player that every defense changes it's complete strategy for every time they match up with him. I'm sure that the Vikes are downplaying his playing status.

I have also been reading today that he was upgraded to questionable after a 2 1/2 hour practice at full speed. I know I'm starting him in my league.

Even if he's listed as doubtful before Sunday, I'll still start. Anybody remember a few short weeks ago when D-Jax was on crutches all week during practice and listed as doubtful. With all that against him, he went out and put up the best stats of the week for any WR. Moss does have this going for him.........at least he wasn't on crutches for the last month.

Check this out: :D:D

Tice: No Limit on Plays in Moss' Return

Associated Press

EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn. - Minnesota receiver Randy Moss may be approaching his All-Pro form a little sooner than expected.

Earlier this week, Vikings coach Mike Tice said Moss, who has missed three straight games with a partially torn right hamstring, would be held to 25 plays in Sunday's game against the Jaguars. But Moss' progress in practice this week prompted Tice to retract that statement Friday, saying Moss won't be limited by any artificial play count.

"The only thing that's holding him back is endurance in his legs - and not necessarily (from) the injury," Tice said. "He feels like he has training camp legs now; he hasn't done anything in five weeks.

"He worked extremely hard Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. Now, he's going to stretch and get himself feeling as good as he can feel by Sunday."

Moss participated in a walkthrough Friday, but did not practice. That's his usual Friday routine, even when he's healthy. He remained questionable on the injury report.

Trainers carefully monitored Moss' status throughout the week, while offensive coordinator Scott Linehan and receivers coach Charlie Baggett devised a game plan they believe will make Moss a threat on Sunday.

"Scott and Charlie have done a really good job of identifying what kind of plays we want him on the field for," Tice said. "I don't anticipate him being limited by any number of plays."

Despite not catching a pass since suffering the injury Oct. 17 at New Orleans, Moss still leads the Vikings - and is tied for third in the NFC - with eight touchdown catches. However, he is on pace for career lows in receptions (26 in seven games) and yards (394).

http://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/sports/10279211.htm

B)

Edited by Skrappy1