[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

will answer questions

Avernus

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Need some help - I have excellent receivers going in 2 different leagues - all performance based scoring (pick 2 for each):

# 1 - D Jackson v Buff; A Johnson v Tenn; R Wayne at Chi; N Burleson v Jax

# 2 - T Holt at GB; D Mason at Hou; M Clayton at Car; N Burleson v Jax

Thanks for your help - enjoy your Turkey Day!

# 1 - A Johnson v Tenn; R Wayne at Det - you don't know who's gonna be the QB in seattle this week...plus buffalo's D is very strong while you have AJ against a beat up titans secondary and wayne against a mediocre det defense in pretty much what is a primetime game where manning will look to launch it a bunch of times...

# 2 - T Holt at GB; Clayton at Car - holt is in a primetime game and is still in stud status...I like Clayton more than Mason because McNair tends to throw to Bennett more and the car/tb game may actually be a shootout...something like a 34-27 game...

good luck this week.. :D

Brees vs KC or Bulger vs Greenbay this week.    6 Pts for TD, 1 pt for every 20 yards, 10 bonus points for over 300 yards, minus 2 pts for INT.

572828[/snapback]

I like Bulger here as he'll likely go over 300 yds...even though he might have 1 or 2 picks...but I expect the Chargers to go run heavy this week until the Chiefs pull their hair out...and not to mention Bulger is in a primetime game...

good luck.. :D

OK, I have a WR dilemma. I need to start 3 of the following 4:

M. Muhammed vs. Tampa Bay - probably the hottest WR in the game right now

J. Smith at Minnesota - Leftwich looks to play, and it's against the Vikes terrible secondary

D. Mason at Houston - Another good matchup, and a really good WR

R. Williams vs. Indianapolis - Thursday game, big stage, getting healthier, great matchup

What do you think and why?

Thanks in advance, Avernus. :D

Edited by Hugh 0ne

okay...1st off...you have some real healthy choices...and I'll post my .02 on each choice I like...and even the one I don't, because I am too generous :D

M Muhammed - the Panthers have a newfound love for throwing the ball and Muhammed has caught just about everything and anything that goes his way the past couple weeks...there is NO benching him at this point...I just don't see it..

J Smith - it doesn't seem to matter who is at the helm in Jax...he still puts up some numbers, this week it looks like Leftwich is likely playing...not to mention he's playing the Vikings...he gets the nod surely..

D Mason - he's well up there in receptions...and if you get 1 pt per reception....then you are in a bit of a pickle..and would probably start him over Williams...otherwise...he should ride the pine, because he is just simply too inconsistent with McNair at the helm..because he likes to spread it out some..Kinney here...Bennett there...

R Williams - I don't care how well the Colts defense has been lately, or how cold he's been... he is a monster and I expect him to take like 20 shots of adrenaline before tomorrows game and go off...he should have around 120 and 2 TD's...it's a bold prediction, but the Colts are going to force the Lions into a shootout...and he'll get the rock plenty..

good luck.. :D

okay...1st off...you have some real healthy choices...and I'll post my .02 on each choice I like...and even the one I don't, because I am too generous :D

M Muhammed - the Panthers have a newfound love for throwing the ball and Muhammed has caught just about everything and anything that goes his way the past couple weeks...there is NO benching him at this point...I just don't see it..

J Smith - it doesn't seem to matter who is at the helm in Jax...he still puts up some numbers, this week it looks like Leftwich is likely playing...not to mention he's playing the Vikings...he gets the nod surely..

D Mason - he's well up there in receptions...and if you get 1 pt per reception....then you are in a bit of a pickle..and would probably start him over Williams...otherwise...he should ride the pine, because he is just simply too inconsistent with McNair at the helm..because he likes to spread it out some..Kinney here...Bennett there...

R Williams - I don't care how well the Colts defense has been lately, or how cold he's been... he is a monster and I expect him to take like 20 shots of adrenaline before tomorrows game and go off...he should have around 120 and 2 TD's...it's a bold prediction, but the Colts are going to force the Lions into a shootout...and he'll get the rock plenty..

good luck..  B)

572890[/snapback]

Good stuff. Solid analysis. Thanks much. :D:D

I'm on the fence between benching Williams or Mason. Up until now I was leaning towards Williams, but you make good points. :D

Edited by Hugh 0ne

Blaylock or M.Faulk? Already starting D.McAllister.

1 pt per 10 yards rush and rec., 6 pts TD's 0-39, 9 pts 40+. 1 pt. per reception.

I do have Bulger as the QB if that makes a diff. This win locks me into a playoff spot.

Blaylock or M.Faulk

I like Faulk here, the Chargers are pretty good against the run and I expect Faulk to bounce back where he likes to...on primetime...even though he isn't at home....he still does his thing running and catching under the monday night lights...

Blaylock could have a rough time of it against the Chargers...even though I expect KC to give them a run for their money as they are extremely pissed about monday night...

and I'm even tempted to go with Blaylock here as the KC OL is extremely stout...but even in his old age, I can't doubt Faulk on MNF...

Good stuff. Solid analysis. Thanks much. B):D

I'm on the fence between benching Williams or Mason. Up until now I was leaning towards Williams, but you make good points. :D

572897[/snapback]

yea...normally I'd go with Mason...unless it was earlier in the season, but I consider those turkey games primetime because the whole nation is watching...

that's usually when players try to have their career games....and it usually doesn't matter who you are.....on turkey day the Lions will give you a run for your money....but I think Manning defies the rules and forces the Lions to have to chuck it early and often..

Okay already starting Egde at RB, and Horn and Mason at WR. So who do I start at my other RB and other WR spot?

Portis at Pitt (# 1 run D)

Blaylock v SD (# 2 run D and already starting Green and Gonzo)

Clayton at Carol

Moulds at Seattle

OR I can start both WR's and no second RB, but I don't like the "run and shoot" so to speak. So which RB and which WR in your opinion.

Would you do this trade?

M. Faulk for W. Dunn?

Performance scoring (6/rushing TD, yardage 1/10 yds, double points for receiving TDs).

Our regular season goes through week 17.

My other RB are Alexander, J. Jones, L. Suggs, and S. Morris. We start 2 RB plus a flex (I usually use RB at flex b/c my WR are weak).

Dunn has a ridiculously easy schedule coming down the stretch, but is losing carries (especially goal line to Duckett).

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Curious to see how your thoughts compare to Hugh.....

10 Team league, we start 2 QB's each week- performance scoring (no negatives for INT's, etc.).

I have Favre & David Carr.

Carr has been really average to sucky from a fantasy perspective (only 2 games all year with multiple TD's) so I am considering dumping him. I picked him up a few weeks ago for his week 14 match-up with Indy at home (my playoff week #1)- but even that looks shaky right now.

I am torn between Delhomme (injury scares me- even though he's playing) and Kerry Collins. Both have good schedules and both should be throwing a lot.

So, 2 questions.

Who would you go with (keep Carr, p/u Delhomme or Collins):

A. For THIS week

B. For the Playoff run (week 14, etc.)

I expect the steelers to key in on Portis as he's easily their strongest threat....but Blaylock should put up some fairly decent numbers as he will get plenty looks in the passing game as he will on the ground as well....both are unfavorable matchups...but Blaylock is the better choice here IMO...

Moulds should be due for a score soon...but I don't see it this week....Clayton should get a score and a decent amount of yards as Tampa will be looking to chuck it up quite a bit...and now the opposing D's have to take account for Jurevicious...Clayton will have an easier time of it....

Blaylock and Clayton..

good luck this week... :D

I expect the steelers to key in on Portis as he's easily their strongest threat....but Blaylock should put up some fairly decent numbers as he will get plenty looks in the passing game as he will on the ground as well....both are unfavorable matchups...but Blaylock is the better choice here IMO...

Moulds should be due for a score soon...but I don't see it this week....Clayton should get a score and a decent amount of yards as Tampa will be looking to chuck it up quite a bit...and now the opposing D's have to take account for Jurevicious...Clayton will have an easier time of it....

Blaylock and Clayton..

good luck this week... :D

572942[/snapback]

Thank you A. Appreciate your advice.

Would you do this trade?

M. Faulk for W. Dunn?

Performance scoring (6/rushing TD, yardage 1/10 yds, double points for receiving TDs).

Our regular season goes through week 17.

My other RB are Alexander, J. Jones, L. Suggs, and S. Morris.  We start 2 RB plus a flex (I usually use RB at flex b/c my WR are weak).

Dunn has a ridiculously easy schedule coming down the stretch, but is losing carries (especially goal line to Duckett).

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

572923[/snapback]

well, you have 2 backs here who are known to get hurt down the stretch....and both share the load to an extent...and in this case...Dunn shares more than Faulk...especially with their record getting worse and needing to give him more PT...

so I'd stick it out with Faulk...Dunn's best games this season are behind him IMO...

Standard performance scoring - 1 pts for 10 yds, 6pts for TD - no bonus

Need to start 2 rb's - Typically start D.Davis and Droughns, I'm actually seriously considering starting Julius Jones over Davis this week - what do you think?

Edited by bioya

wow...ahaha....hmm...

Carr, I hate giving up on him as he still poses a threat of having a monster week...but it seems he only has 1 favorable matchup the rest of the way....and that is week 14 against Indy..

While Delhomme plays tampa this week....a decent fantasy matchup for him as he'll be looking to spoil a divisional foe's season...yet it's still a divisional game which can be shaky....and then @NO and v. the rams at home which are fantasy heaven matchups winding down towards the playoffs...

1st, I'll ask...can you drop anyone else...or afford to, and then carry 3 QB's?...and even then, actually...delhomme still has an amazing matchup in week 14 as does Carr....but I wonder if Delhomme can keep this up, honestly....and as much as I wonder that...I wonder how long Carr will be in his semi-slump...as I think he'll catch fire again for his playoff stretch due to an average defense...

so before I completely answer...I just want to know if it's possible for you to carry 3 QB's?

Edited by Avernus

Standard performance scoring - 1 pts for 10 yds, 6pts for TD  - no bonus

Need to start 2 rb's - Typically start D.Davis and Droughns, I'm actually seriously considering starting Julius Jones over Davis this week - what do you think?

572956[/snapback]

ehh...Jones doesn't warrant a start over davis yet...or anytime soon pending injury....

davis has had 3 TD's in the past 2 weeks and should be able to punch one in against the Titans where he'll be more likely a threat catching than running...but still getting plenty looks in a likely low scoring game...kinda like 24-17 type deal IMO...

stick with Davis unless something drastic happens..

wow...ahaha....hmm...

Carr, I hate giving up on him as he still poses a threat of having a monster week...but it seems he only has 1 favorable matchup the rest of the way....and that is week 14 against Indy..

While Delhomme plays tampa this week....a decent fantasy matchup for him as he'll be looking to spoil a divisional foe's season...yet it's still a divisional game which can be shaky....and then @NO and v. the rams at home which are fantasy heaven matchups winding down towards the playoffs...

1st, I'll ask...can you drop anyone else...or afford to, and then carry 3 QB's?...and even then, actually...delhomme still has an amazing matchup in week 14 as does Carr....but I wonder if Delhomme can keep this up, honestly....and as much as I wonder that...I wonder how long Carr will be in his semi-slump...as I think he'll catch fire again for his playoff stretch due to an average defense...

so before I completely answer...I just want to know if it's possible for you to carry 3 QB's?

572960[/snapback]

No- odd league in that we have no bench- if they are on your roster, they are in your line-up and 2 QB's is the limit. We do that to stimulate FA bidding which is done with real $$....

No- odd league in that we have no bench- if they are on your roster, they are in your line-up and 2 QB's is the limit. We do that to stimulate FA bidding which is done with real $$....

572979[/snapback]

wow....I'd have to stick with Carr in this situation...regardless of what delhomme is doing...he's just the better QB with more favorable options...

it's too risky of a transaction to perform IMO...especially at this point..

good luck... :D

wow....I'd have to stick with Carr in this situation...regardless of what delhomme is doing...he's just the better QB with more favorable options...

it's too risky of a transaction to perform IMO...especially at this point..

good luck...  :D

573008[/snapback]

Thanks man- enjoy Turkey Day

:D