[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Free Fantasy Advice Here - Week 11

Hugh 0ne

Gentlemen, and ladies, I'm back for the Turkey Day Weekend Fantasy Advice Edition of the Free Fantasy Advice Thread.

So, please feel free to ask your lineup questions, and please post any pertinent information that might be needed to help me make a decision, like scoring or rosters or matchups etc.

Please DO NOT ask me to pick your entire lineup.

I will only be able to answer questions for most of the day today, and then I'm out of town until next week, so get your questions in early.

Fire away. :D

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Hugh,

Nothing today...you answered it yesterday.

Just wanted to say I hope everyone appreciates the time you spend on this and Thanks. B):D:D

Have a Happy Turkey Day!! :D

Well I definitely appreciate it! I have won two weeks in a row with your advice. So again...it is the same *** question. I have not started Fitz the last two weeks, but he has scored. I have started M Rob who has done crap. So..this week I need to start two the following... M Rob, Fitz, Coles (blah) or Witten. I am leaning towards Fitz and Witten. I need to win this week! I am playing the top seed in my division! I asked in a general thread and only got a few responses...what do you think Hugh?

Hey Hugh,

Just wanted to say I hope everyone appreciates the time you spend on this and Thanks.  B)  :D  :D 

572882[/snapback]

Yes thanks Hugh, although i have never directly asked you a question i enjoy reading some of your answers to the questions .

Hey Hugh,

Just wanted to say I hope everyone appreciates the time you spend on this and Thanks.  :D  :D  B) 

572882[/snapback]

Thanks nhoops, appreciate it. Here's wishing you and your family a great Thanksgiving with plenty of food AND booze to go around. :D

Gentlemen, and ladies, I'm back for the Turkey Day Weekend Fantasy Advice Edition of the Free Fantasy Advice Thread.

So, please feel free to ask your lineup questions, and please post any pertinent information that might be needed to help me make a decision, like scoring or rosters or matchups etc.

Please DO NOT ask me to pick your entire lineup.

I will only be able to answer questions for most of the day today, and then I'm out of town until next week, so get your questions in early.

Fire away. :D

572874[/snapback]

Hey, Hugh ... since you're asking ...

J. Jones vs. CHI

Rudi vs. CLE

McGahee vs. SEA

Westbrook vs. NYG

Scoring:

1 point per 10 yards rushing/receiving

6 points per running/receiving TD

0 points per reception

Thanks and have a great holiday!

Gotta decide by the end of the night since KJ plays tomorrow.

Do I risk Brown not playing much or poorly or do I bank on KJ having a nice day against IND?

572884[/snapback]

Start Kevin Jones regardless. Like you said, there is a certain risk with Brown, and since Jones has a nice matchup, and Pinner didn't touch the ball last week, Brown should get plenty of carries against a Colt defense that is average against the run.

Well I definitely appreciate it! I have won two weeks in a row with your advice. So again...it is the same *** question. I have not started Fitz the last two weeks, but he has scored. I have started M Rob who has done crap. So..this week I need to start two the following... M Rob, Fitz, Coles (blah) or Witten. I am leaning towards Fitz and Witten. I need to win this week! I am playing the top seed in my division! I asked in a general thread and only got a few responses...what do you think Hugh?

572893[/snapback]

Forget about Coles. That passing offense blows AND they're going against the best team in the NFL.

I wouldn't expect much from MRob this week either, for 2 reasons: He's sucked recently and they have a tough matchup.

So I guess that leaves you with Fitz, who's been hot, and Witten. Not great options either, but better than MRob and Coles imo.

Good luck, I think you're going to need it.

Okay already starting Egde at RB, and Horn and Mason at WR. So who do I start at my other RB and other WR spot?

Portis at Pitt (# 1 run D)

Blaylock v SD (# 2 run D and already starting Green and Gonzo)

Clayton at Carol

Moulds at Seattle

OR I can start both WR's and no second RB, but I don't like the "run and shoot" so to speak. So which RB and which WR in your opinion.

10 Team league, we start 2 QB's each week- performance scoring (no negatives for INT's, etc.).

I have Favre & David Carr.

Carr has been really average to sucky from a fantasy perspective (only 2 games all year with multiple TD's) so I am considering dumping him. I picked him up a few weeks ago for his week 14 match-up with Indy at home (my playoff week #1)- but even that looks shaky right now.

I am torn between Delhomme (injury scares me- even though he's playing) and Kerry Collins. Both have good schedules and both should be throwing a lot.

So, 2 questions.

Who would you go with (keep Carr, p/u Delhomme or Collins):

A. For THIS week

B. For the Playoff run (week 14, etc.)

I have to pick 3 of the following 4 RB's in a standard scroing system of 1 per 10 rush/rec and 6 per TD

Edge

McAllister

D Davis

A Train (odd man out for sure)

in another league same scoring system 2 out of these 3

C Brown

Tiki ( no brainer here)

M Faulk

C Taylor

Thanks for your advice

Need to start 3. My choices:

Harrison vs Detroit (my first WR draft pick-has been disappointing

J Walker vs St Louis

I Bruce vs G Bay

K McCardell vs KC

M Robinson vs Jax

Eddie Kennison vs SD

I'm sure about Walker.

6 pts per TD

1 pt per 25 yds, ex pt if they go get to 100 yds

I can't depend on Harrison anymore. I should be able to, but Manning has so many choices... Kennison has been doing great lately. What do you think??

I'm pretty sure I'm going with Brett Favre over Drew Brees for QB

Would you do this trade?

M. Faulk for W. Dunn?

Performance scoring (6/rushing TD, yardage 1/10 yds, double points for receiving TDs).

Our regular season goes through week 17.

My other RB are Alexander, J. Jones, L. Suggs, and S. Morris. We start 2 RB plus a flex (I usually use RB at flex b/c my WR are weak).

Dunn has a ridiculously easy schedule coming down the stretch, but is losing carries (especially goal line to Duckett).

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

WR help .. we start 2  ... 1pt/10yd 6pts/td

Ward @ WAS

Moss/McCareins @ ARI

Bolding/Fitz vs. NYJ

Stokley @ DET

I am leaning towards Fitz and Stokley ... sound right?

I need most possible points as I need to win most or all my games these next three weeks.

572905[/snapback]

I think Stokely is worth a shot against the Lions, even though he did NOTHING last week. I don't see him being blanked in back to back weeks.

I think McCareins is a slightly better option than Fitz. Both are hot, but I think McCairens outperforms Fitz this weekend.

So I'd go with McCairens and Stokely, with Fitz being a close 3rd.

Start Kevin Jones regardless. Like you said, there is a certain risk with Brown, and since Jones has a nice matchup, and Pinner didn't touch the ball last week, Brown should get plenty of carries against a Colt defense that is average against the run.

572909[/snapback]

Thanks

Hey, Hugh ... since you're asking ...

J. Jones vs. CHI 

Rudi vs. CLE 

McGahee vs. SEA 

Westbrook vs. NYG 

Scoring:

1 point per 10 yards rushing/receiving

6 points per running/receiving TD

0 points per reception

Thanks and have a great holiday!

572907[/snapback]

Since you don't mention how many you need, I'll rank them for you:

Rudi Johnson

J. Jones

W. McGahee

Westbrook

I start McGahee over Westbrook because McGahee gets a lot more touches, and more touches are a good thing for fantasy backs, in general. No points for receptions makes that an easier call as well.

Hey Hugh - Thanks for the value added service!

1. Pittman @ Car; J. Jones vs Chi or T Jones @ Dal (to go along with Alexander)

2. For my #3 WR:  Porter @ Den; Patten vs Balt or Pollard at Det (TE = WR)

We do combo scoring w/ TD's and Yardage.

Thanks and have a great Thanksgiving!

572915[/snapback]

Well, although I think Alstott coming back MAY hurt Pittman's numbers as far as goalline TD's go, until this theory is proven there is NO WAY you can bench Pittman for either of the young, unproven Jones' RB's.

As to the WR's, I think Porter is actually your best option, albeit not a very good option, but Pollard's in a TEBC, and Patten is one of about 5 options and has a tough matchup.

Hey Hugh!

Happy Thanksgiving to ya!  Got some RB issues for this week ...  Who do I start out of this mess alongside Rudi??

S. Morris (I've picked up Minor just in case)

Suggs

Wheatley

Barlow

Thanks!

572921[/snapback]

Wow, that's ugly. Here's what I'd do. I hate Miami as an offense, but they are playing the 49ers, so, it looks like Minor gets the nod this week, and if that happens and it looks like Morris doesn't play, then I start Minor. If it looks like Morris plays and they split carries, start Suggs. Barlow is in the dog house big time and I expect to see a lot of Maurice Hicks this week, and Wheatley has a tough matchup.

Good luck and Happy Thanksgiving. :D