[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Free Fantasy Advice Here - Week 11

Hugh 0ne

Hey Hugh-

This week it is WR!

Pick two:

Chambers vs. SF

Burleson vs. JAX

Clayton vs. CAR

It is a tough one! I have not played Chambers all year, but have to consider him here. He is coming off 3-100 yard games and plays the terrible SF D. Hesitant about Burleson though cause JAX has a pretty pass D. Same with CAR. I think that Clayton is the better WR out of he and Burleson. But Burleson has the better QB throwing the ball. Tough one.

One more

Pick one to complement Holt and CJ:

Colbert vs. TB

Lloyd vs. MIA

I am tempted to go with Colbert cause he is due for a big game and Lloyd will be covered by Surtain most likely.

Need an opinion about Aaron Brooks in a keeper league? I am thinking of dropping Testaverde and picking up Todd Boumann for security. I have Eli Manning as my third QB. What are your thoughts. I have been hearing rumors that Brooks will not start this week. Is there any truth to that?

Thanks in advance.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay already starting Egde at RB, and Horn and Mason at WR. So who do I start at my other RB and other WR spot?

Portis at Pitt (# 1 run D)

Blaylock v SD (# 2 run D and already starting Green and Gonzo)

Clayton at Carol

Moulds at Seattle

OR I can start both WR's and no second RB, but I don't like the "run and shoot" so to speak. So which RB and which WR in your opinion.

572922[/snapback]

I think Blaylock is a better option. That team has more weapons, and can spread the field, which could open things up for Blaylock. That just won't happen for Washington and that anemic pass offense. Also, Blaylock is at home, which is another slight advantage.

At WR, I've said this a bunch of times, I really like Moulds, but feel that Bledsoe is just killing him. TB is one of the hottest teams in the NFL, and Clayton has been consistent if nothing else. That being said, I look at it like this: Moulds plays a weaker pass defense that has given up twice as many passing TD's as Carolina. So, if you want the sure thing, 60-80 yards and maybe a TD, I think Clayton is your man. If you want to take a risk, Moulds might be able to do better, like 100 yards and 2 TD's, but it's a risk because of the inconsistency. Moulds is the better WR with big game capability against the softer defense, while Clayton is the steady producer.

If you're feeling lucky, start Moulds.

Good morning Hugh!

Just need a little help this week, if you dont mind- need to pick two WR:

Williams v Indy

Smith v MN (Is Leftwich starting?)

Johnson v CLE

Mason v Hou

Harrison v DET

With the exception of Harrison, Ive managed to start the one guy out of this group who DIDNT score for the last three weeks. Please help me stop the madness!!!!

:D

Edited by Gdawg

I think Blaylock is a better option. That team has more weapons, and can spread the field, which could open things up for Blaylock. That just won't happen for Washington and that anemic pass offense. Also, Blaylock is at home, which is another slight advantage.

At WR, I've said this a bunch of times, I really like Moulds, but feel that Bledsoe is just killing him. TB is one of the hottest teams in the NFL, and Clayton has been consistent if nothing else. That being said, I look at it like this: Moulds plays a weaker pass defense that has given up twice as many passing TD's as Carolina. So, if you want the sure thing, 60-80 yards and maybe a TD, I think Clayton is your man. If you want to take a risk, Moulds might be able to do better, like 100 yards and 2 TD's, but it's a risk because of the inconsistency. Moulds is the better WR with big game capability against the softer defense, while Clayton is the steady producer.

If you're feeling lucky, start Moulds.

572972[/snapback]

Thanks Hugh. Appreciate it as always. I agree on both and that the WR call is the tougher one.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and all

10 Team league, we start 2 QB's each week- performance scoring (no negatives for INT's, etc.).

I have Favre & David Carr.

Carr has been really average to sucky from a fantasy perspective (only 2 games all year with multiple TD's) so I am considering dumping him. I picked him up a few weeks ago for his week 14 match-up with Indy at home (my playoff week #1)- but even that looks shaky right now.

I am torn between Delhomme (injury scares me- even though he's playing) and Kerry Collins. Both have good schedules and both should be throwing a lot.

So, 2 questions.

Who would you go with (keep Carr, p/u Delhomme or Collins):

A. For THIS week

B. For the Playoff run (week 14, etc.)

572926[/snapback]

I think EOS plays a big part, since none of these guys are stand out QB's.

Oakland has a very favorable passing schedule, 4 good and 2 bad.

Carolina also has a favorable passing schedule, 3 good and 2 bad.

Houston is a little less favorable, with 2 good and 2 bad.

Nothing real telling their. So who's the better QB with the better weapons? Tough call. If I had my choice I'd stick with Carr, I think he's probably the best option for you.

Morn'n Hugh,

Hope the upcoming holiday finds you and your's happy, healthy and well feed. Need your o'pine on the following. Standard performance, with extra pts for length of TD's.

Start 2 of these jokers::D

Pittman v Car

T Jones v Dallas

Suggs v Cinn

C Brown v Hou

I figure Pittman's the easiest to call, but after that it gets tougher. Dallas shut down Balt's running game last week by stacking the line and forcing Boller to pass, and let's be realistic, Krenzel is no Kyle Boller (that's scary!!!!), but Brown is questionable and didn't exactly have a stellar game v the Texans last time out. Suggs is injured, as well as splitting carries, and Cincy defense seems to be getting better. :D

For what it's worth my 6 year old daughter thinks I should start Jones and my 4 year old won't commit.

Have a great holiday.

1 point for every 10 yds

6 points for TD 9 yds and under

9 points for TD 10 - 29

12 for TD's 30 - 49

and so on

Pick one to go with E. James

F. Taylor vs Vikings

D. McAllister Vs Falcons

I am leaning towards Taylor

Pick 3 WR

Roy Williams

T. Holt

E. Moulds

N. Burleson

I am leaning towards benching Williams, but I think he might blow up on a nationally televised game.

Edited by miker9598

I have to pick 3 of the following 4 RB's in a standard scroing system of 1 per 10 rush/rec and 6 per TD

Edge

McAllister

D Davis

A Train (odd man out for sure)

in another league same scoring system 2 out of these 3

C Brown

Tiki ( no brainer here)

M Faulk

C Taylor

Thanks for your advice

572928[/snapback]

Pretty easy imo.

Edge, McAllister and Davis. You do know that A-Train didn't get a single carry last week, right?

Chris Brown and Tiki are the no-brainers in your second scenario, UNLESS Brown has a setback, then you have to start Faulk in his place. Even if Lewis is OUT this week, I don't think Taylor is a very good option.

Hugh -

Got 3 "viable" QB starters this week and haven't a clue which one really:

Carr V Titans

Mcnair @ Texans

Griese @ Panthers

Mcnair seems a good option but I remember all too well him throwing 4 ints in the first meeting. I lean Carr's way due to him being at home but for no other reason. Griese has done quite well also. What would you do!?

Thanks

Pretty easy imo.

Edge, McAllister and Davis. You do know that A-Train didn't get a single carry last week, right?

Chris Brown and Tiki are the no-brainers in your second scenario, UNLESS Brown has a setback, then you have to start Faulk in his place. Even if Lewis is OUT this week, I don't think Taylor is a very good option.

572997[/snapback]

Thanks much Hugh, but I did make a typo in the first list and it should be 2 starters not 3. I would still think the order you have them listed in would be correct.

Thanks again and may you and yours have a awesome Turkey Day!!!!!

Need to start 3.  My choices:

Harrison vs Detroit  (my first WR draft pick-has been disappointing

J Walker vs  St Louis

I Bruce vs G Bay

K McCardell vs KC

M Robinson vs Jax

Eddie Kennison vs SD

I'm sure about Walker. 

6 pts per TD

1 pt per 25 yds, ex pt if they go get to 100 yds

I can't depend on Harrison anymore.  I should be able to, but Manning has so many choices... Kennison has been doing great lately.  What do you think??

I'm pretty sure I'm going with Brett Favre over Drew Brees for QB

572929[/snapback]

Well, if that was my squad, I'd be starting Javon Walker, Marin Harrison, and Isaac Bruce. Forget MRob, he's sucked lately and has a tough matchup, Kennison has been good but there are too many options in KC IMO, and I think McCardell is a very nice option, but not better than the other three.

Do not bench Marvin Harrison. :D

Would you do this trade?

M. Faulk for W. Dunn?

Performance scoring (6/rushing TD, yardage 1/10 yds, double points for receiving TDs).

Our regular season goes through week 17.

My other RB are Alexander, J. Jones, L. Suggs, and S. Morris. We start 2 RB plus a flex (I usually use RB at flex b/c my WR are weak).

Dunn has a ridiculously easy schedule coming down the stretch, but is losing carries (especially goal line to Duckett).

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

572933[/snapback]

Faulk loses to Jackson, Dunn loses to Duckett. Tough call. :D I think I'd rather have Dunn, but barely.

I think EOS plays a big part, since none of these guys are stand out QB's.

Oakland has a very favorable passing schedule, 4 good and 2 bad.

Carolina also has a favorable passing schedule, 3 good and 2 bad.

Houston is a little less favorable, with 2 good and 2 bad.

Nothing real telling their. So who's the better QB with the better weapons? Tough call. If I had my choice I'd stick with Carr, I think he's probably the best option for you.

572986[/snapback]

That's probably where I am leaning but it's a close call...- thanks, and have a good Holiday!

Hi:

Pick 3 to start this week:

kevin jones

blaylock

rudi J

domick davis

pick 1

moulds

stokely

thansks!

572937[/snapback]

Must start KJ and RJ, and then I'd start Davis as well.

Moulds for sure, I think he could have a very nice game this week if Bledsoe just takes his head out of his own ass.

Branch for Kevin Jones

Or

Branch for Julius Jones

572961[/snapback]

Either. Both are good young prospects that will get a chance to prove that they are good RB's down the stretch, and you're giving up an inconsistent WR in return.

Hey Hugh:

I haven't seen much talk about Chris Brown playing this week. I need a flex player and can't decide between

Chris Brown vs. Houston (Know he has Turf Toe)

or

J. Jones vs. Chicago

Performance league scoring:

1pt for 10 yards rushing/receiving

6pts for TD

1pt for reception

Thanks

1 point for every 10 yds

6 points for TD 9 yds and under

9 points for TD 10 - 29

12 for TD's 30 - 49

and so on

F. Taylor vs Vikings

D. McAllister Vs Falcons

I am leaning towards Taylor

Pick 3 WR

Roy Williams

T. Holt

E. Moulds

N. Burleson

I am leaning towards benching Williams, but I think he might blow up on a nationally televised game.

Hey Hugh-

This week it is WR!

Pick two:

Chambers vs. SF

Burleson vs. JAX

Clayton vs. CAR

It is a tough one!  I have not played Chambers all year, but have to consider him here.  He is coming off 3-100 yard games and plays the terrible SF D.  Hesitant about Burleson though cause JAX has a pretty pass D.  Same with CAR.  I think that Clayton is the better WR out of he and Burleson.  But Burleson has the better QB throwing the ball.  Tough one.

One more

Pick one to complement Holt and CJ:

Colbert vs. TB

Lloyd vs. MIA

I am tempted to go with Colbert cause he is due for a big game and Lloyd will be covered by Surtain most likely.

Need an opinion about Aaron Brooks in a keeper league?  I am thinking of dropping Testaverde and picking up Todd Boumann for security.  I have Eli Manning as my third QB.  What are your thoughts.  I have been hearing rumors that Brooks will not start this week.  Is there any truth to that?

Thanks in advance.

572967[/snapback]

Well, I bench Chambers. I just think that he's too much of a risk to do nothing because of the offensive disaster that is Miami. Very tough call here, and FWIW, I think Chambers is a great WR, but a victim of a horrible team.

As to the other question, both options are terrible. Colbert has the better matchup, so I'd start him.

Guest Red Raider

Hugh,Thanks for the help

1. Which Q.B.: Plummer vs Oak or Green vs SD- I thinnk both will have great days, I need the greatest.

2. Which W.R.: Leilie vs Oak or Morton vs SD - I'm afraid of Morton, and this will be a close match-up with my opponent.

Asked both on regular advise post, and would like your input also

Good morning Hugh!

Just need a little help this week, if you dont mind- need to pick two WR:

Williams v Indy

Smith v MN (Is Leftwich starting?)

Johnson v CLE

Mason v Hou

Harrison v DET

With the exception of Harrison, Ive managed to start the one guy out of this group  who DIDNT score for the last three weeks. Please help me stop the madness!!!!

:D

572973[/snapback]

Harrison is a must start. Williams and Smith are both nice options. Looks like Leftwich is back, and he's got anice matchup, so Smith should do well. Williams is playing on National TV on Turkey Day, and should bring his a-game. However, since Harrington has looked horrible, I give the nod to Smith.

Yep, start Jimmy Smith and Marvin Harrison and I think you'll do very well.

Edited by Hugh 0ne

Morn'n Hugh,

Hope the upcoming holiday finds you and your's happy, healthy and well feed. Need your o'pine on the following. Standard performance, with extra pts for length of TD's.

Start 2 of these jokers:B)

Pittman v Car

T Jones v Dallas

Suggs v Cinn

C Brown v Hou

I figure Pittman's the easiest to call, but after that it gets tougher. Dallas shut down Balt's running game last week by stacking the line and forcing Boller to pass, and let's be realistic, Krenzel is no Kyle Boller (that's scary!!!!), but Brown is questionable and didn't exactly have a stellar game v the Texans last time out. Suggs is injured, as well as splitting carries, and Cincy defense seems to be getting better.  :D

For what it's worth my 6 year old daughter thinks I should start Jones and my 4 year old won't commit.

Have a great holiday.

572992[/snapback]

I don't like Thomas Jones when the Bears play good teams, because more often than not they end up trailing and abandoning the run. That shouldn't happen this week. Listen to your daughter and start Jones alongside Pittman.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours as well. :D:D:D

Hey Hugh, I don't want to push my luck but I have 2-positions that are giving me grief again. Scoring is standard perf with 1-pt per catch and 6-pts for all td's.

QB-Aaron Brooks @ Atlanta and Brian Griese @ Carolina. I benched Brooks last week and he ended up with a bunch of yards since they were behind, but right now I am going to flip a coin, although I liike Griese a little better.

RB-D Davis @ Ten and M Pittman @ Carolina. I am starting Edge, but need one of the two. I am leaning towards Pittman since he has been on fire and that vulcher #40 wasn't seen much.

Thanks in advance and have a great Turducken day.

Thanks Hugh, that's what I figured as well. I like Williams' potential (especially in a blowout game v the Colts, he might get some garbage points) but if Leftwich will be back I gotta start Smith against the Vikes.

Besides, if I keep starting the same guys each week I have to right eventually, dontcha think? :D

Thanks again Hugh, I hope you and your family have a terrific Thanksgiving!

Gdawg