[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Hines Ward to the bench?

Hugh-mongus

Well, I don't think that I could bench him as he has to get more balls thrown his way but really I think that the reason so many balls went elsewhere when Ben is throwing is because he reads coverage pretty well.

I expect Ranle El to see more passes and Lee Mays to catch a few more but Ward has got to have a few more tossed his way without any doubt.

I benched Hines last week in favor of Clayton last week. The rookie out performed the old vet (I still lost).

I am with you HUGH. Ward's fantasy value has just gone south.

Luckily, I have 3 other good WR's.

Jimmy Smith, Burleson, and Clayton are all looking like better plays this week than Ward. I was waffling a bit on Clayton vs Ward this week when I heard about Plexiglass' injury. The huddle's predictions favor

M. CLAYTON. Leaning toward benching Ward...AGAIN!!!

I have Ward in 2 leagues and I am playing him in the one that I am thin at WR and sitting him in the one I have better options. He draws Champ Bailey this week and that is not going to help. I would stay away this week if you have better options. At least I covered my bases if he does blow up like players do when they are not supposed to. :D

I have Ward in 2 leagues and I am playing him in the one that I am thin at WR and sitting him in the one I have better options. He draws Champ Bailey this week and that is not going to help. I would stay away this week if you have better options. At least I covered my bases if he does blow up like players do when they are not supposed to. :D

574094[/snapback]

:D

Actually he draws Fred Smoot, unless there's a trade I haven't heard of, since Bailey is in Denver. B)

Smoot is burnable....I like Ward's match-up--if Duce is back and Bettis as relief, my worry is Steelers being successful running the ball...Washington with Ramsey have a vertical passing potential...best case is if Redskins jump out on top and put 7-8 in box to stop run.....I expect Redskins to force the Steelers to pass as Plax is out...can they stop Duce and Bettis is the question....but if I was Gibbs I'd stop the run and make Big Ben beat me without a starting WR...JMHO :D

:D

Actually he draws Fred Smoot, unless there's a trade I haven't heard of, since Bailey is in Denver. :D

574114[/snapback]

Yea, that was a pretty bonehead call on my part....:selfnutkick:

With Burress being out, I think it's worse for Ward. He will have all the attention of the DBs. As mentioned though, if Pitt can run the ball they will and that may be all they do. I see a low scoring game all around.

2 things have killed Ward this season:

1. the fact that Pittsburgh is successful with the run, and they run it as much as they do. Coming from a non-fantasy football standpoint, it's a wise move, and the steelers are lucky they have the RBs and the O-Line to pull it off.

2. Roths has played well in the sense that he has led long sustained drives and not turned the ball over too much. Fantasy-wise, he sucks. As a rookie QB, for Bill Cowher, he's a great QB.

Ward has probably been hurt by these things the most on the team. He has gone from a top 10 WR to an inconsistent roster-killer. Makes you wonder where he'll go in the draft next year...