[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Julius Jones

Bombs Away

14 team league so I picked him up 2 weeks ago (and just beat someone else's waiver wire request). I thought it was a great round of waiver pickups (we use waiver draft order and I got Deion Branch in the 2nd round of waiver pickups).

All of that said, for some reason I read something yesterday that talked me out of starting JJones and I put AGreen back in hoping he will be healthy. :D:D

Admittedly we've only seen a small sample of Julius Jones, but the decision by Parcells and JJ to trade their 1st rounder this year to the Bills for better 1st rounders next year, while passing on the chance at some of the more heralded RB's, to snag Julius Jones in the second, looks to have been a very, very good move. :D

unlike most of you guys....i drafted jones VERY EARLY in basically all my drafts (3 both leagues and 1 work league). after the injury i didn't cut him in any of my leagues and just sat on him. i have no chance at the playoffs in 2 of my both leagues so, he did cost me some money by taking him early. the good thing is 2 of the 3 leagues are dynasty or keeper. i hope for a long productive career and hope for him to pass emmit on the all time rushing list. :D

i started him due to no choice in 2 leagues.  nice results.  too bad about the shoulder injury, or he might have had a chance to give big ben a run for roy.  i'm cautiously optimistic however with the cowboys having no qb to at least keep opposing defenses honest.

575671[/snapback]

I'm not one to wish injuries on anyone but, had he not had the shoulder injury I couldn't have picked him on the WW so, let's just say I'm glad he has done nothing up until the last couple weeks.

unlike most of you guys....i drafted jones VERY EARLY in basically all my drafts (3 both leagues and 1 work league).  after the injury i didn't cut him in any of my leagues and just sat on him.  i have no chance at the playoffs in 2 of my both leagues so, he did cost me some money by taking him early.  the good thing is 2 of the 3 leagues are dynasty or keeper.  i hope for a long productive career and hope for him to pass emmit on the all time rushing list. :D

576119[/snapback]

:D

Remaining games:

@ SEA

NOR

@ PHIL

WAS - Super Bowl weekend 16

Conceivably, you could start him for the rest of the season.  Fresh legs should help him with SEA and WAS's D.  With Vinny in there it should help prevent 7 man fronts...JJ could be the key ingredient to a FFL championship. :D

576370[/snapback]

I picked up JJ while watching the Ravens Dallas game. He rushed for 80 yards against the RAVENS in about 1 quarter worth of time, because after that the ravens had the ball most of the time.

He was impressive, 4 days later 150 yards and 2 TDs solidified my decision.

Remaining games:

@ SEA

NOR

@ PHIL

WAS - Super Bowl weekend 16

Conceivably, you could start him for the rest of the season.   Fresh legs should help him with SEA and WAS's D.   With Vinny in there it should help prevent 7 man fronts...JJ could be the key ingredient to a FFL championship. :D

576370[/snapback]

Let's not get to carried away yet !!!!!!!! Plenty slip between a cup and a lip. He looked good but I'm still not sold on the rest of the year I picked him up and played him..I'm pretty happy but I think no qb could hurt him. Parcells does not think Henson is ready and Vinny belongs in old folks home.

Edited by sacosud

Let's not get to carried away yet !!!!!!!! Plenty slip between a cup and a lip. He looked good but I'm still not sold on the rest of the year I picked him up and played him..I'm pretty happy but I think no qb could hurt him. Parcells does not think Henson is ready and Vinny belongs in old folks home.

576631[/snapback]

Still, with Vinny in, the passing game is better then with Henson in. That should keep defenses somewhat honest and help Jones. Actually, the whole offense could see some improvement with Jones in there.

Yeah Julius sat on my bench as well and after his showing this week I'm going to proabbly start him the rest of the year for all I've seen.

Please reply to my post.

577197[/snapback]

I have him on two benches this week and will most likely play him the rest of the year, depending on my other RBs performances this weekend. He has come as a huge relief as I have Priest in one league, and Chris Brown in both.

I have him on two benches this week and will most likely play him the rest of the year, depending on my other RBs performances this weekend.  He has come as a huge relief as I have Priest in one league, and Chris Brown in both.

577206[/snapback]

My problem will be which 2 to start from here on out between JJ, Mcallister, and DD. I'll probably look at the weekly matchups, but for sure I will start Big Mac against Dal, and JJ against the Saints in week 14.

Tomlinson and Droughns, and I also have Thomas Jones on the bench.

577217[/snapback]

Hell, you should win the league with that duo. If Tomlinson's groin sidelines him, you wouldn't miss a beat with JJ. I'd get rid of TJ and look to fill a weaker position. You're solid as can be at RB. :D

Hell, you should win the league with that duo.  If Tomlinson's groin sidelines him, you wouldn't miss a beat with JJ.  I'd get rid of TJ and look to fill a weaker position.  You're solid as can be at RB.  :D

577222[/snapback]

Thanks, I also have Chatman and Tatum Bell handcuffed to Droughns and Tomlinson. The only spot I really need an upgrade is QB (Brooks and Griese), so I tried to trade Thomas Jones and A-Train for some help there. I thought I could land Favre, but his owner wanted Brooks and Tomlinson for Favre and Jamal Lewis...he wouldn't budge, so I stayed with what I had. I then dropped A-Train and picked up Julius Jones before the Raven game mainly as a block move honestly. I figured he might do pretty well, and even though I didn't need another RB there are several teams that do, and I'd hate to see him end up going off against me. Too bad our trade deadline has passed now or else I'm sure I could definitely get something done on the QB front.

Thanks, I also have Chatman and Tatum Bell handcuffed to Droughns and Tomlinson.  The only spot I really need an upgrade is QB (Brooks and Griese), so I tried to trade Thomas Jones and A-Train for some help there.  I thought I could land Favre, but his owner wanted Brooks and Tomlinson for Favre and Jamal Lewis...he wouldn't budge, so I stayed with what I had.  I then dropped A-Train and picked up Julius Jones before the Raven game mainly as a block move honestly.  I figured he might do pretty well, and even though I didn't need another RB there are several teams that do, and I'd hate to see him end up going off against me.  Too bad our trade deadline has passed now or else I'm sure I could definitely get something done on the QB front.

577226[/snapback]

Good thinking on the block. Alot of people don't realize that sometimes you have to pick someone up as a defensive move. Brooks and Griese are still serviceable, just have to go with the matchups. Can't sacrifice your RB monoply for a premier QB. Just play your studs!

Good thinking on the block.  Alot of people don't realize that sometimes you have to pick someone up as a defensive move. Brooks and Griese are still serviceable, just have to go with the matchups.  Can't sacrifice your RB monoply for a premier QB. Just play your studs!

577312[/snapback]

I've squirreled away seven starting RBs in one league (open waiver wire policy).

Droughns

Edge

Brown

J Jones

Davis

Blaylock

Wheatley

And I traded Barber away. I'm keeping these for good trades and to keep them off other rosters.

The wierd thing is to see a Dallas RB that has some big time speed.

When was the last time they had that??

575638[/snapback]

Hershel? although he didn't have NFL speed!

Jones needs just a sliver worth of day light and is...............

............gone.....! :D He hist the hole like few I have seen before.

Still seems like he gets beat up pretty good but these giants. But, hes no smaller than Westbrook. Lets hope hes as tough.

Edited by Dooomsday

Hershel?  although he didn't have NFL speed!

Jones needs just a sliver worth of day light and is...............

............gone.....! :D  He hist the hole like few I have seen before.

Still seems like he gets beat up pretty good but these giants.  But, hes no smaller than Westbrook.  Lets hope hes as tough.

578203[/snapback]

Hershel Walker doesn't do JJ any justice. I know its just his rookie year, and he's been out for most of the year, but really the closest comparison would be with Tony Dorsett. The last true gamebreaker other than Emmitt.

Hershel Walker doesn't do JJ any justice.  I know its just his rookie year, and he's been out for most of the year,  but really the closest comparison would be with Tony Dorsett.  The last true gamebreaker other than Emmitt.

578273[/snapback]

Emmit wasn't fast, and Tony D I thought of, but Hershel was LAST, and faster. Hersel had blazing speed, forgetting his game. They all got the the whole quicker.

Emmit wasn't fast, and Tony D I thought of, but Hershel was LAST, and faster. Hersel had blazing speed, forgetting his game.  They all got the the whole quicker.

578924[/snapback]

He was great for the blockbuster trade involving him that DAL made, but he was never a great back. Tony was, Emmitt...we all know what he did, and he did make some long runs. Yes you're right he wasn't a fast back. I think we can agree that if JJ stays healthy he can become a great back.