[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Hollings to get more carries?

msaint

Rotoworld: Tony Hollings is expected to be active this week after missing the last two games.

The Texans No. 3 back is a darkhorse to get significant work down the stretch. Domanick Davis isn't playing well and the Texans may want to see what they have in Hollings, a second round pick.

Isn't Wells the #2? Even so, it's not like Domanick is losing games for them. His YPC is pretty bad, but are they really going to start giving other backs "significant work," as rotoworld claims?

Rotoworld: Tony Hollings is expected to be active this week after missing the last two games.

The Texans No. 3 back is a darkhorse to get significant work down the stretch. Domanick Davis isn't playing well and the Texans may want to see what they have in Hollings, a second round pick.

Isn't Wells the #2? Even so, it's not like Domanick is losing games for them. His YPC is pretty bad, but are they really going to start giving other backs "significant work," as rotoworld claims?

577121[/snapback]

Darkhorse and may, are the key words. I've read from a few homers that Davis looks like he's got his step back, just the offensive line and Davis are stll trying to jell with the zone blocking scheme. DD still remains the man, especially coming out of the backfield. He's been gold in the redzone with 8 td's. Plus he was out for 1 game, and the majority of another. The other major stat to consider that was a concern the first few games is he hasn't loss a fumble since the beginning of the year. He'll be strong down the stretch. :D

Darkhorse and may, are the key words.  I've read from a few homers that Davis looks like he's got his step back, just the offensive line and Davis are stll trying to jell with the zone blocking scheme.  DD still remains the man, especially coming out of the backfield.  He's  been gold in the redzone with 8 td's. Plus he was out for 1 game, and the majority of another.  The other major stat to consider that was a concern the first few games is he hasn't loss a fumble since the beginning of the year. He'll be strong down the stretch.  :D

577146[/snapback]

as long as he stays healthy...he should be the man...what he doesn't do running the ball...he does catching...so there is no worry there..

why would anybody be surprised if Hollings got more touches?

Houston keeps losing & Davis has a crap average per carry. i've got nothing against Davis, and he's done well for a 4th round pick out of LSU but who's to say he's the real deal? i don't have any special knowledge of the situation but i heard good things about Hollings when they took him in the supplemental draft. not even high 1st round picks are gonna keep their jobs for long with 3 yard averages.

This is a topic worth tracking.  The RB on the Texans will score TDs.  D. Davis has 5 in the last 3 games.

Any homers or people in-the-know ~ please post when something breaks.  Muchos Gracias!

577577[/snapback]

As others have pointed out Hollings was a #2 supplemental pick a couple seasons back and Houston really does need to find out what he can bring. I'm not totally sure on his health but nonetheless if he can play I'm sure they would like to take a looksee. The contract status of Wells is an issue also. Again, not positive here but Wells is either a RFA or FA after this year. Houston, in my opinion, had a terrible draft this past year...well, actually kind of a stupid draft. This next draft and FA needs to pay off or we will see another coach looking for a job by mid-season in '05.

Hollings has at times shown a little something, but the guy can't stay healthy...worth watching anyways.