[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Top Teams in NFL?

Donutrun Jellies

So granted, Hoge is a bit of a goof and he's playing this "anti-Philly" thing toooo much ... but forget him. How do you rank the top five NFL Teams?

Me? I say:

1) New England

2) Philly

3) Indy

4) Pittsburgh (granted they beat both 1 and 2 ... and I love them dearly ... but they still make me nervous)

5) Hmm -- Seattle? Atlanta? San Diego? Baltimore? Denver?

So granted, Hoge is a bit of a goof and he's playing this "anti-Philly" thing toooo much ... but forget him.  How do you rank the top five NFL Teams?

Me?  I say:

1) New England

2) Philly

3) Indy

4) Pittsburgh (granted they beat both 1 and 2 ... and I love them dearly ... but they still make me nervous)

5) Hmm -- Seattle?  Atlanta?  San Diego?  Baltimore?  Denver?

578099[/snapback]

You're silly. Steelers are better than Indy.

You're silly.  Steelers are better than Indy.

578139[/snapback]

I hope you're right. Don't mind being silly.

I think Pittsburgh can move the ball on Indy. It's D that worries me.

Do you see our defense stopping Peyton, Marvin, Wayne, Stokes, Edge, and Vanderdoofus? We managed to stop Philly, but can we duplicate that vs Indy with their more diverse passing game and stronger running game?

I hope you're right.  Don't mind being silly. 

I think Pittsburgh can move the ball on Indy.  It's D that worries me.

Do you see our defense stopping Peyton, Marvin, Wayne, Stokes, Edge, and Vanderdoofus?  We managed to stop Philly, but can we duplicate that vs Indy with their more diverse passing game and stronger running game?

578871[/snapback]

Yes. Steelers would be effective against the run, and Peyton would spend most of the game on his back.

1. Pitt

2. New England

3. Philly

4. Indy

5. Green Bay

I really don't know that GB is better than Denver or SD, but they will make it to the NFC championship game, and hopefully beat the Iggles. If I had to bet, I'd say the Steelers play the Iggles in the SB. I'd like to see the Steelers and the Packers, but as much as I like Favre, I don't see the Pack getting there. The top three teams in the AFC are better than the best team in the NFC. It is almost the exact opposite of the late 80's and early 90's, when the NFC owned the AFC.

Edited by Perchoutofwater

Peyton would spend most of the game on his back.

579274[/snapback]

I doubt that, as he's been sacked fewer times than anyone in the league this year.

That said, I think that the Steelers are a more complete team and, overall, are probably better.

1. NE

2. PIT

3. IND

4. PHI

5. DEN

6. SD

7. ATL

Unless one of his lineman gets hurt, I'd be suprised to see Manning go down more than once against anyone.

579312[/snapback]

Manning lost his starting center in the game against the Lions. Not that that was going to be the difference or anything............

So granted, Hoge is a bit of a goof and he's playing this "anti-Philly" thing toooo much ... but forget him.  How do you rank the top five NFL Teams?

Hoge is a pud who is letting his obvious bias against Philly cloud his judgement. I'm a Philly fan but homerism aside I would put both New England and Pittsburgh above the Eagles right now. I don't know what Hodge has against the Eagles but I am getting sick of him saying the Eagles are not a good team.

Edited by ebartender

I didn't say Manning would necessarily get sacked often against the Steelers.  But, just as Brady and McNabb experienced, he'd be under pressure early and often, and would get hit a lot, even when he does get the pass off.

579318[/snapback]

Look what happened when the Packers tried to send the house at him. :eek:

I respect Pittsburgh's defense, but they're not going to be able to pass rush the Colts all day. If they met in the playoffs, it would probably be a relatively high-scoring affair.

Hoge is a pud who is letting his obvious bias against Philly cloud his judgement.  I'm a Philly fan but homerism aside I would put both New England and Pittsburgh above the Eagles right now.  I don't know what Hodge has against the Eagles but I am getting sick of him saying the Eagles are not a good team.

579507[/snapback]

yeah... 10-1 and destroying teams come the second half. All it takes is one bad game in the playoffs and the Eagles are done, but for Hoge to ride the Philly sucks thing continuously is getting annoying and seemingly unjustified.