[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Farve ..........an official favorite?

theeohiostate

Interesting take on last weeks game by league sources as just reported by Mort.

In last Sunday's night game , Packers vs Houston, with time running out Farve completed a pass to Driver,he thought the clock had stopped, but it hadn't, then an official ran by Farve to let him know the clock was still running, Farve called a time out with 2 seconds left in the game and Green Bay kicked the winning field goal. The Leauge is questioning the official, siting : would he have given the same consideration to Carr?

Of course not, after watching the replay and seeing the official tell Farve time was running out, it is unfair treatment and the official should be fined or suspended.....IMO.

would he have given the same consideration to Carr?

Of course not

578487[/snapback]

Are you the official? If not, you can't really say.

And it may be less of a "Favre" thing than a "player who works officials and builds relationships with them" thing; working the officials is an art; Favre seems to be decent at it. Maybe Carr wouldn't get the same consideration, but some other players might. Again, fair? Probably not. Call me back and let me know when life is EVER fair, then I'll complain about sporting events being unfair.

Interesting take on last weeks game by league sources as just reported by Mort.

In last Sunday's night game , Packers vs Houston, with time running out Farve completed a pass to Driver,he thought the clock had stopped, but it hadn't, then an official ran by Farve to let him know the clock was still running, Farve called a time out with 2 seconds left in the game and Green Bay kicked the winning field goal.  The Leauge is questioning the official, siting : would he have given the same consideration to Carr?

Of course not, after watching the replay and seeing the official tell Farve time was running out, it is unfair treatment and the official should be fined or suspended.....IMO.

578487[/snapback]

That's a judgment call and he probably won't do it again. Saying Driver went backwards and didn't go out of bounds was a bigger problem imo.

Is Favre out of line for nurturing a relationship with the refs? Nope.

Is the Ref out of line for almost chasing down Favre to let him know the clock was running out (yes, I saw the tape)? Yep. Not his business. That ref should be suspended.

And this from a Favre fan ...

Are you the official? If not, you can't really say.

And it may be less of a "Favre" thing than a "player who works officials and builds relationships with them" thing; working the officials is an art; Favre seems to be decent at it. Maybe Carr wouldn't get the same consideration, but some other players might. Again, fair? Probably not. Call me back and let me know when life is EVER fair, then I'll complain about sporting events being unfair.

578691[/snapback]

No, i'm not an official, but i assure you this clown won't be one for very long with bad judgements like this one! This has nothing to do with "sports being fair", this is a blatant one-sided call that benefited the Packers and stood out like a sore thumb.

it's true that favre gets unfair treatment like michael jordan used to. i notice it. favre is the most popular player in the NFL.

gb shouldn't of beat minnesota last game, but the zebras made no whistle. the refs gave GB a chace by letting the fumble recovery turn into a scrum. favre takes over and drives easily in FG range. he's our hero once again!

now you know that fumble recovery would be all over the web and all over sportscenter if the tables were reversed. the media and fans want Favre to win and don't care to hear that he shouldn't.

it's true that favre gets unfair treatment like michael jordan used to.  i notice it.  favre is the most popular player in the NFL. 

gb shouldn't of beat minnesota last game, but the zebras made no whistle.  the refs gave GB a chace by letting the fumble recovery turn into a scrum.  favre takes over and drives easily in FG range.  he's our hero once again!

now you know that fumble recovery would be all over the web and all over sportscenter if the tables were reversed.  the media and fans want Favre to win and don't care to hear that he shouldn't.

578884[/snapback]

Yes, very true.

I had forgotten about the GB "no fumble" call when i posted this, but it's all starting to make sense...its a conspiracy!!! :D

SERIOUSLY, though!

In baseball, great pitchers always get the benefit of the doubt from the home plate umps. Just ask Maddux and Glavine, who get just about every call on the corner of the plate.

Apparently the refs are doing the same thing in the NFL now. So, does this mean that the Pats DBs and LBs will get away with holding and illegal contact thoughout the playoffs again? :D