[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Pats

theeohiostate

The thing about Brady, especially in the game yesterday was that he never let that defense rattle him.

Now, two things happened or maybe one thing happened and the second was a residual effect--but nevertheless it helped him look better in the second half.

Dillon ran the ball down the Ravens' throats, and then the pass protection got tons better..giving Brady more time and when it was needed, he was making plays.

Brees and Manning should be a lock for the Pro Bowl, so I guess it comes down to Brady vs. Plummer for the final spot. Should be interesting to see if stats win over the players and coaches vote, which should go to Brady. He's a gamer.

Ay caramba, Squeegie does really have an irrational bitterness in the Tom Brady direction. Probably has to do with Tom being both better looking and in possession of 2 more super bowl rings than her beloved Peyton.

She's also likely afraid of what will happen in the Pats next meeting with the Steelers, which I think comes during the playoffs. The Pats will not be spanked twice in a row by any team. It is developing into a nice rivalry though. :D

Ay caramba, Squeegie does really have an irrational bitterness in the Tom Brady direction. Probably has to do with Tom being both better looking and in possession of 2 more super bowl rings than her beloved Peyton.

She's also likely afraid of what will happen in the Pats next meeting with the Steelers, which I think comes during the playoffs. The Pats will not be spanked twice in a row by any team. It is developing into a nice rivalry though. :D

580222[/snapback]

(1) Tom Brady is not hot.

(2) Pats will get knocked out of the playoffs before a matchup with my Steelers. Hopefully by the Colts. :D

580222[/snapback]

The Steelers have been a hated rival to me ever since Kordell did not do the honorable thing and duck out of bounds when Chad Eaton did the honorable thing and opted not to turn him into QB putty on the grass. Steelers win 7-6 in the 97? playoffs.

The Steelers have been a hated rival to me ever since Kordell did not do the honorable thing and duck out of bounds when Chad Eaton did the honorable thing and opted not to turn him into QB putty on the grass.  Steelers win 7-6 in the 97? playoffs.

580230[/snapback]

That was an awesome game.

I actually only started hating the Pats recently. I was a fan while I was at BC, and I actually rooted for them to beat the Rams in the Superbowl. No longer underdogs, but now the king of the hill, and I hate them.

The Steelers have been a hated rival to me ever since Kordell did not do the honorable thing and duck out of bounds when Chad Eaton did the honorable thing and opted not to turn him into QB putty on the grass.  Steelers win 7-6 in the 97? playoffs.

580230[/snapback]

I was at that game. Great game, great win.

(1) Tom Brady is not hot.

(2)  Pats will get knocked out of the playoffs before a matchup with my Steelers.  Hopefully by the Colts.  :D

580229[/snapback]

I didn't say Brady is a 10...but he's got it all over Peyton Manning. I'm sorry, we can't continue this conversation...it'll make the guys uncomfortable. :D

3)  What good would it do me?  I could call you a Manning knob slobber in return, but that would just get the kids excited in ways they don't completely comprehend yet.

580201[/snapback]

I'm sorry, we can't continue this conversation...it'll make the guys uncomfortable. :D

580340[/snapback]

Who says a little 'discomfort' is a bad thing in all cases... :D

Who says a little 'discomfort' is a bad thing in all cases...  :D

580564[/snapback]

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalrighty then...

I didn't say Brady is a 10...but he's got it all over Peyton Manning. I'm sorry, we can't continue this conversation...it'll make the guys uncomfortable. :D

580340[/snapback]

I already admitted that Peyton is not hot. And that terrible accent of his doesn't help him any. But Tom Brady is not the super-hottie that he is made out to be.

Brees, Griese, Favre, Green, Plummer, Carr, Vick, Harrington, Delhomme, Boller, Brunell, and, in particular, Gannon, are all more attractive than Tom Brady.

Brees...more attractive than Tom Brady.

580595[/snapback]

Got a thing for guys with grotesquely f*cked-up birthmarks on the most visible parts of their bodies, do ya squeeg? Gorbachev must have been your Brad Pitt. :D

And to whichever (I presume) Steeler homer said that it "must be the guys around Brady" that make him good, you're dangerously high and should simply back away from the keyboard. Before Dillon came this year, he's been surrounded by more no-name "skill players" and cast-offs than any top-rated QB in the league -– guys like Antowain Smith/K.Faulk, Brown, Branch, Patten, Fauria; Troy Brown is the closest thing to a "star" he's ever had 'til Dillon –- and has accomplished more with less talent around him than any QB in the league, IMO. Give Brady guys like Hines, Plaxico and the Bus (in his prime) and Brady would have won more than "just" the two SB MVPs he already has.

Now, I've never been a Pats homer to argue that Brady is the end-all and be-all of QB's –- Favre, Peyton, Daunte, Vick, McNabb, McNair and some others are far more naturally gifted -– but (1) I do think that the "Peyton as Marino, Brady as Montana" comparisons are accurate until Peyton proves otherwise, and (2) there is no other QB I'd rather have on the Pats, or have when the game is on the line. No QB fits, and excels within, his team better than Brady does under Belichick. And you simply cannnot argue against the man's performances in big games.

Bottom line, most of you guys/gals don't like him because he's got a toothy smile and carries a man-purse, neither of which prevent him from b*tch- :D opposing defenses when it matters most.

Edited by msaint

Got a thing for guys with grotesquely f*cked-up birthmarks on the most visible parts of their bodies, do ya squeeg? Gorbachev must have been your Brad Pitt. :D

B)I just call 'em like I see 'em. I'm actually surprised no one has scoffed at my comment re: Gannon - I think he is seriously hot. :D

And to whichever (I presume) Steeler homer said that it "must be the guys around Brady" that make him good, you're dangerously high and should simply back away from the keyboard. Before Dillon came this year, he's been surrounded by more no-name "skill players" and cast-offs than any top-rated QB in the league -– guys like Antowain Smith/K.Faulk, Brown, Branch, Patten, Fauria; Troy Brown is the closest thing to a "star" he's ever had 'til Dillon –- and has accomplished more with less talent around him than any QB in the league, IMO. Give Brady guys like Hines, Plaxico and the Bus (in his prime) and Brady would have won more than "just" the two SB MVPs he already has.

I believe I may have made some such comment, and I was referring largely to the defense that his team has, unlike someone such as, oh, say, Peyton Manning. Littler easier to win if you don't have all of the pressure on your sholders. Although I will say that role players who play their roles well are often more effective in the long run than the superstars who don't understand the concept of team.

Bottom line, most of you guys/gals don't like him because he's got a toothy smile and carries a man-purse, neither of which prevent him from b*tch- :D opposing defenses when it matters most.

He was the slapee, rather than the slapper when he faced the Steelers. As it will happen again if they face of in the playoffs. And, yeah, I hate that smile.