[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

FFTOC..............Sheesh!

rocknrobn26

Again, good luck everyone. Just took the time to figure out my bracket. (Boston)Started the week in 4th and the best I can do is 2nd with 1292 pts. The 4th place team had a great week. 161.24 + either Longwell or Wilkins. He will beat me by 17+ pts for 1st. :D

I passed the 1st and 2nd place teams, and the 3rd place team I was ahead of by .16 pts. They have 106.2 pts and either Faulk or Green tonight, and will need about 48 pts to catch me.

So hopefully, the 1292 gets me to the dance. :D

I should finish up at 1270.8.

Man I'd really like those points from the week that I accidentally took Mare as my kicker.

I really don't think that 1270 is going to hold up but I can be hopeful.

582021[/snapback]

in all honesty-- i think 1270.9 should make it -- :D

Edited by Maize N Blue Backer

in all honesty-- i think 1270.9 should make it -- :D

582043[/snapback]

I think I got a little too confident during this last week. I should have taken my own advice and went with sure things. Then again, the only thing that I probably would have changed in my own roster was Dunn. I was going to go LT but figured I could make it without using him and then have him in the playoffs.

1270 just might make it.... after all, I am guessing, but I have looked over the whole thing in detail after the Thursday games. However, I think 1285 is going to be closer to the cutoff. It's very hard to tell with so many teams, and the crazy week the NFL just had. I can see me tomorrow, :D , sitting on the FFTOC site pounding on the refresh button! :D

1270 just might make it.... after all, I am guessing, but I have looked over the whole thing in detail after the Thursday games. However, I think 1285 is going to be closer to the cutoff. It's very hard to tell with so many teams, and the crazy week the NFL just had. I can see me tomorrow,  :D , sitting on the FFTOC site pounding on the refresh button!  :D

582439[/snapback]

1285 huh? *sigh* I think I am going to come up short of that...

Think I am sitting at 1278 with the 2nd half and Driver to go. Gonna need some more yardage and a TD to stay in it if you are right. B)

If I do this next year.....SCREW saving my studs. I saved 4 of the top 10 RBs in the league, and saved 7 of the top 20 WRs in the league and was in 1st place in my division(but only by 18 pts). I decided to use some studs(T.Owens, T.Green, T.Jones, etc...) this week and it's going to kill me! If I woulda used J.Jones(like I wanted to) instead of T.Jones, i woulda made the top 200 prolly. But now I wont for sure. I think Im gonna get around 1250 pts. It aint gonna make it!!! Next year I'm going all-out to get in the top 200, and maybe I'll get lucky with using some 2nd-3rd string players in the play-offs to get me some pts.

I sort of agree with you, DaBears. You have to find a good balance, I think, of studs vs non studs. I think I played it a little to close trying to save studs for the playoffs when in my heart I knew of at least four better plays in the past two weeks that I stongly considered but held back on because I didn't think that I would have to burn them. Big mistake.

I don't what the cutoff is going to be but I know if I do somehow make it, it will only be by a hair. I'm not counting on it but I can see how two or three other plays that I was going to do would have scored me about 40 more points. Probably just enough.

I guess my 1227.48 is not gonna be enough to get me to the dance. Oh well it was a fun and learning experience, and I will be back next year ready to have another go (if the price isn't too high). Good luck to everyone still in it. :D

Hey, if we all went to the overall standings and added up the five teams ahead of us and the five teams behind us, we could figure this thing out.  :doah:

I have a list of player scores that I could print out that fflm will generate for me.

582511[/snapback]

I took a look at 15 teams 200 and above. Then I looked at about 25 teams between me at 234 and 200. A lot of them were stud burners. :D

I'd be very surprise if the cut for the top 200 is not around 1295 to 1300. Teams are gonna be getting in by tenths of a point. I'm not feeling at all comfortable with 1292. :D

I took a look at 15 teams 200 and above. Then I looked at about 25 teams between me at 234 and 200. A lot of them were stud burners.  B)

I'd be very surprise if the cut for the top 200 is not around 1295 to 1300. Teams are gonna be getting in by tenths of a point. I'm not feeling at all comfortable with 1292.  :D

583102[/snapback]

thanks to a Bubba Franks TD last night, i was sitting at #209 going in, i amassed 153.70 points this week putting me at 1297.12--------i feel fairly confident that'll do it but i had to use LT, Manning, and Julius Jones to do it--------- :D

Even though I am probably going to fall short of 200 I really like this tourney and I will be back next year.

That said:

HOWEVER..... I really wish they would speed things up. In today's world of super fast computers and software speed of posting results shouldn't be an issue. MFL has a lot more people to deal with than the FFTOC and they are almost immediate.

I don't need live scoring.... but I should be able to get up on Tuesday morning and find out what happened instead of waiting until 11 or so.

WOW... my first discontented statement about this. :D

Well, a lot of you who were sweating it out did make the cut, at 1274. Sorry my estimate was over by ten points! Don't forget to vote for an improved scoring system at the FFTOC site for next year. Let them know we want a Sunday night report, which they can do. Live scoring for so many teams is expensive, but the Sunday night report is economically doable, although the cost comes out of potential prize money, I think it's worth it. Please, post over there on the message board, under the "Time to VOTE Again" thread.