[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Champ Bailey

KC Crazy

I know it is snowing, but this is the second time in a major game he is getting *** slapped on national television by a receiver. Chad Johnson made him look bad and now Jerry Porter. I haven't seen enough of their games to know if he is having the impact they thought when they traded away Portis for him. I also am not smart enough about what makes a good CB to know why people rave about him. All I know however, is that KKK Collins is making him look stupid right now.

I am interested to hear what people who know the game better then I do think about him and his performance for the Broncos thus far this year.

Yep, he didn't play that well against CIN and isn't playing well tonight either. Then again, he leads the team in INTs and, along with Lynch, has really solidified Denver's secondary. After getting torched for 5 TDs in the playoffs last year, they've taken a big step forward. IMO, they're better off now with Droughns and Bailey than they were last year with Portis and O'Neal.

I think the snow had a lot to do with it today.  As corners go, he's the best right now.  I'd chalk it up to a bad day.

579760[/snapback]

Yeah, him being able to guard the best WR on the opposing team man on man has let the defense do alot of other things this season..great trade in getting Bailey ...move of the year as far as I am concerned.

FWIW, Denver hasn't been able to pressure Collins AT ALL tonight.  A secondary of Deion and Ronnie Lott in their primes would break down if the opposing QB has that much time in the pocket.

579706[/snapback]

It would be nice to see some counterbalance when you evaluate Portis.

But really aren't those just excuses when you get burned for 3 TD's............

It would be nice to see some counterbalance when you evaluate Portis. 

579855[/snapback]

Why? You never give a "balanced" opinion when evaluating Manning or Tomlinson.

BTW, I'm on record here saying that Portis is a good back. Is that "balanced" enough for you?

Then again, why should I give a rat's ass what you think?

Edited by Bill Swerski

How is this guy the best in the NFL? He is too short and always seems to be chasing the long pass.

579801[/snapback]

So I guess 6'0" is to short. He was chasing long pass plays last night and played very poorly, but he is a great corner. Even great corners get burned.

Why?  You never give a "balanced" opinion when evaluating Manning or Tomlinson.

BTW, I'm on record here saying that Portis is a good back.  Is that "balanced" enough for you?

Then again, why should I give a rat's ass what you think?

579960[/snapback]

I'm not comparing Peyton Manning to anybody the way you constantly compare Bailey's performance to Portis'.

You also compare Tomlinson to Priest Holmes and that's just no contest.

And you do give a rat's ass(???) because you know you can't wait to respond...........

Champ Bailey is overrated. I have seen him do nothing this year, in the limited exposure he gets on the east coast, to merit anything but criticism for me. He has given up big plays more than he has prevented them. Whether is interference to stop a long gain, or poor positioning to allow good route runners to produce points, he is absolutely OVERRATED. Wake me when he does something to up his value.

If he can stop SD like he suggests he is going to today I will give it a second consideration as the trade of the year. However, if he does nothing to help his team win today (i.e. shut down A. Gates like he says he is going to do if they have him cover the TE) then I too will think he is overrated.

"Shut Down Corner" is a self proclaimed hype job -- as a whole, its overrated ... The biggest thing that helps "shut down corners" is when qbs and Off Coords buy into it and stop throwing over there. That's how they shut things down ...

Bailey? He's good, but don't stop throwing over there.