[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

So, What have we learned?

PigSkinPosse

Hopefully everyone had a great Thanksgiving. It was too bad that the turkey games were not the best, but football on a Thursday afternoon? Who can complain about that? What have we learned?

Just when I thought the Buccaneers were going to get back to their old ways of winning, they go and pull this. How does Brian Griese throw for 347 yards and 2 scores and the Bucs still lose? Julius Peppers, that's how.

The Cleveland game was crazy, did anyone actually have a fantasty player in this one?

The Chargers continue to roll on with their magic season. It just seems they always get the right bounce or the right play at the right time.

The Vikings didn't look great but still have playoff ability. Not a great day for Culpepper when the leading receiver only has 55 yards.

I really don't see how anyone is going to beat the Pats if they get home field advantage in the playoffs. I heard something the other day that said New England has scored first for 16 straight games. I know at my book, they have a prop in some games that ask which team will score first. :D

I learned that Willis McGahee is most definitely the real deal.

I learned that Jake Plummer is a very good QB who makes lousy decisions sometimes (actually, I already knew that, but it's worth saying again).

I learned that having one point per reception for WRs and TEs and the ability to play 1/2 RBs and 3/4 WRs in my local has made it easily the most competitive league I've been in. Eight teams of ten in with a chance of making the playoffs going in to the last week, points spread from 1st to second last is only 172, after 12 weeks.

I learned that sometimes a run-of-the-mill NFL game can be an unbelievable spectacle (see CIN vs CLE).

I learned that benching a stud is not always wrong.

I learned that A Brooks is a poor NFL QB (I knew this already too, it just got more obvious today).

I learned that Seattle is a total disaster this season. Last season I had Hasselbeck, Jackson and Alexander in my team and rode them to the SB. This season I had only Jackson in one league of five, and traded him away. I am well out of it.

The Cleveland game was crazy, did anyone actually have a fantasty player in this one?

I was up against the Cincy kicker....16 points.

We learned again that the Seahawks stink. Can't catch, can't tackle, can't block, can't call an offensive gameplan that makes any sense, and they certainly don't appear to have anyone leading them on the sidelines.

Today's game convinced this Hawk homer Holmgren needs to go.

I learned that the Chargers really CAN win at Kansas City!!! :D

I learned that against Cleveland Rudi Johnson can look like Jim Brown. :D

I learned that Dan Marino's single-season TD-pass record is definitely going to be broken by Peyton Manning. B)

I learned that Michael Pittman can not only run the ball but also CATCH the ball. :D

-I have learned that it doesn't matter who I start, whoever I bench will score more points.

-I have learned that Michael Pittman can take a lickin', fumble not once but twice, and Chuckie will let him keep on tickin'

-I have learned that Vanderjagt sucks as a kicker because Peyton keeps getting the ball in the endzone instead of trying for three.

-I have learned that, with the exception of Michael Clayton, rookie wide receivers are very inconsistent as a whole and you should not start two of them in the same league.

-I have learned that it doesn't matter who I start, whoever I bench will score more points.

-I have learned that Michael Pittman can take a lickin', fumble not once but twice, and Chuckie will let him keep on tickin'

-I have learned that Vanderjagt sucks as a kicker because Peyton keeps getting the ball in the endzone instead of trying for three.

-I have learned that, with the exception of Michael Clayton, rookie wide receivers are very inconsistent as a whole and you should not start two of them in the same league.

579920[/snapback]

I learned that Nate Kaeding is just as bad a vanderjadt when it comes to scoring fantasy points. I guess i'll just flip a coin when deciding who to start.

Ramrock

Ive learned that no matter what the matchup is ,or what the circumstance is, you should never ever ever start a Miami running back.Had no choice but to start Minor .

I learned that the littler Manning has a lot to learn.

I learned that making the playoffs in the FFTOC is no easy feat.

I learned that this past Sunday was "any given Sunday'.

I learned that even though Quincy Carter is god-awful, he can make one big play per game.

Did Dennis Green learn anything this week? :D

- Joe Gibbs needs to hire an offensive coordinator with a clue.

- The Three Mikes (Holmgren, Tice, and Martz after the Rams lose tonight) might want to post their resumes to Monster.com.

- Champ Bailey is only the best corner in the league when not on national TV.

- Kerry Collins has finally learned his offensive system.

- Despite throwing four TDs against a college-grade Browns defense, Carson Palmer is still looking more like a rookie than a second-year player who has already learned the system.

- Despite what Grits said a couple weeks ago, Vick is clearly a (performance league) fantasy starter while Rattay is clearly not.

- While Josh McCown may not be an NFL starter, Shaun King isn't either.

- The playoff hopes of the Chiefs, Seahawks, and Jags all went up in smoke yesterday.

- Peyton will throw for 4,800 yds and 54 TDs this year, breaking Swerski's personal records in the Franchise Mode of Madden 2005.

Edited by Bill Swerski

That the Raiders playing with intensity makes all the difference

Champ Bailey is overrated

Michael Vick can win with his arm just as well as his legs

if you need 3 points to win your kicker will get you one

Antonio Gates is the MVP of the Chargers

Chris Chambers can score in the first 5 minutes of a game and then disappear

Willis McGahee is a bona-fide stud (116 yards, 4 TDs)...

Julius Jones is a comer and has cemented his role as starter the rest of the season in Dallas. He's going to do some damage based on his Thanskgiving Day performance (150 yards, 2 TDs).

Drew Brees is "on fire", "en fuego", "the real deal", "the man", etc.. He was "money" the entire game yesterday and will be (more) "money", literally, next year for any team fortunate enough to get him. This year's Chargers team is all about Brees (vs. LT).

Seahawks are pretenders.

Jerry Porter is a biitch... no, sorry, I figured that out a long time ago.

The Raiders/Broncos game was the perfect nightcap for a Thanksgiving weekend.

:D

I still don't believe in Brees.

If I say something to the wife like this is the best 3-9 game I've ever seen, let's head home when it's over, 35 seconds later the Pats will have reeled off 14 points and the family is heading back to Dallas.

The Colts will win the Super Bowl.

I have learned that Tony Dungy is a genious by saving Edge for the playoff push and playoffs when they will need to run the ball more regularily than they are right now.

I have learned that Brett Favre is a freak of nature and some of us Packer fans have sort of taken for granted the last 199 starts. Knowing every week he is your starter is easy to overlook until you look around on NFL ticket and see Kyle Boller, Shaun King, etc... being trodded out on other NFL teams. Thanks Brett. :D:D

I have learned Brian Billick isn't the offensive genious he was portrayed to be when he left the Vikings OC position for Baltimore.

Brett Favre and Mike Holmgren both helped the other succeed, but it's painfully obvious that Holmgren needs Favre more than Favre needs Holmgren.

I really don't see how anyone is going to beat the Pats if they get home field advantage in the playoffs. I heard something the other day that said New England has scored first for 16 straight games. I know at my book, they have a prop in some games that ask which team will score first.  :D

579846[/snapback]

do you realize that if you had put one hundred dollars on that first week, and then parlayed your winnings each week betting the pats to score first, you would have 3.2 million dollars right now.

:D