[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Trash Can Report Card

yo mama

Dallas DEF: I was wrong about the Cowboys’ DEF. I said they’d likely have their second best outing of the year, fantasy-wise. Nope. They beat their previous best by a healthy margin for a stellar 29 points in my local. Big hit.

Indianapolis DEF: the DEF pulled their weight posting 19 points in my local, which is only 5 less than last week. It’s still a hit, though.

Miami DEF: Ironically, the Dolphins tied the Cowboys as the second best fantasy DEF in my local this week. 8 sacks, three fumbles recovered and 1 DEF TD. And it didn’t hurt that most of the 49ers’ points came from their DEF, which doesn’t count against the Miami DEF in my league. Another hit.

New York Jets’ DEF: Yet another hit. Jets’ tied for the third most productive fantasy DEF in my local. 3 INTs, 1 sack, 1 fumble recovered, and limiting the Cards to 3 points was a pretty burly performance.

Ladell Betts – WAS: 8 rushing attempts for 34 yards, which made him the Skins’ leading rusher. 3 receptions for 35 more yards, which made him the team’s second best receiver. No turnovers. About 74 kick off return yards, which made him the team’s leading returner. I know Betts’ point total wasn’t very high, but I specifically conditioned this pick for those who got points in the return game, which would have netted me about 9 points. And that was what you’d have gotten from Kevin Jones, Ontario Smith, Curtis Martin, or Chester Taylor. Furthermore, when you consider he outscored every other Redskin, how can you not call this obscure pick a hit? I mean, who else in the universe called Betts this week?

Antwaan Randle El – PIT: If you got points in the return game Randle El was a decent play. He did not have, as I had expected, his best game of the year. But he still contributed some decent production to my bottom line. It was a modest hit, but (as was pointed out by fellow Huddler, Steeler) I did condition the pick on your getting points in the return game.

Travis Taylor – BAL: Taylor, why hast thou forsaken me!?!?! The numbers looked good on Taylor going into the game. I didn’t expect the Ravens to win, but I thought they’d do better than one field goal. And I certainly expected more from Taylor than 1 reception for 4 measly yards. Let’s call this one a miss and be done with it. Though, if/when the Ravens’ passing game gets back into the groove (and I think it will) I believe Taylor will rebound.

Larry Fitzgerald – ARI: Arizona got spanked and Fitzgerald didn’t do much: two receptions for 20+ yards. You know when Freddie Jones would have been a better play the pick was a miss.

Shawn McDonald – STL: hey, hey! Six receptions for 79 yards and no turnovers. Not bad at all. Not much in the punt return department, though. Still, he out performed Holt and with Bruce potentially injured McDonald could see even more attention in the Week 13 versus the Niners. It is also worth noting that McDonald had a catch or two called back due to procedural penalties, so his stat line could have been easily over 100 yards. He also got thrown to in the red zone, so he has some TD potential. I'm prepared to call McDonald a modest hit who has some potential going forward.

Kerry Collins – OAK: Monster hit. There’s no two ways about it. Collins went berserk Sunday night, and against a very respectable Broncos’ DEF: 339 passing yards, 4 passing TDs, 2 INTs, and no fumbles put him on par with the likes of stud Drew Brees. Collins doesn’t look so bad now, does he?

Travis Minor – MIA: I said it would be Minor’s best day of the season and it wasn’t. This pick was a miss. The frustrating part is that he got all the opportunities in the world against a suspect defense and still didn’t get it done. 22 rushing attempts and 2 receptions and he can’t even break 70 combined yards? Or score? And against my poor, poor 49ers? Ugh. Let’s move on.

Jeremy Shockey – NYG: 2 receptions for 31 yards. Blast! Another miss.

Guys I Thought About Covering But Opted Not To

Trent Dilfer – SEA: Glad I didn’t recommend Dilfer, as he didn’t play. Though, his stats from the side of the field were almost better than Hasselbeck’s.

Kyle Boller – BAL: I advised you to show him the bench this week. I’m hoping you listened. I still like Boller against weaker opponents, though.

Drew Henson – DAL: bring Vinny back. Now.

Chester Taylor – BAL: He did okay, but nothing to brag about. He still belongs on someone’s roster, though.

Nick Goings – CAR: Solid, but unspectacular. Again, belongs on a roster.

Dan Kreider – PIT: apparently a one week wonder. And, he’s a fullback, not a TE. So I’m even happier I didn’t officially recommend him in TE-mandatory leagues.

Okay, very mixed results with some big hits and some big misses.

- 8 hits; and

- 4 misses.

Edited by yo mama

I thought you made it pretty clear that he should only be played if you get points for return yards -- seems like a hit to me.

580420[/snapback]

After rereading my Randle El recommendation, you are correct. In fact, it was his return yardage that I said would give him a stable base, which it did. I'll amend accordingly.