[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

You gotta love Denny Green!

Brentastic

Here's a quote I read off espn.com regarding the QB situation:

"Shaun had his chance the last couple weeks. A quick hook? Yep. Tough business. And you don't ever have to apologize for it being a tough business."

Remember last year's Cardinal team? If you had a guy on your FF team going against the Cards, it was an automatic start. Not this year! I think Green has this team moving in the right direction, I like what he's doing over there.

"Shaun had his chance the last couple weeks. A quick hook? Yep. Tough business. And you don't ever have to apologize for it being a tough business."

Remember last year's Cardinal team?  If you had a guy on your FF team going against the Cards, it was an automatic start.  Not this year!  I think Green has this team moving in the right direction, I like what he's doing over there.

581088[/snapback]

You like what? The fact that he screwed the pooch by giving King the start, looks like a moran in doing so, and now will look like even a bigger moran when John Navarre fails miserably?

You like what? The fact that he screwed the pooch by giving King the start, looks like a moran in doing so, and now will look like even a bigger moran when John Navarre fails miserably?

581098[/snapback]

How is finding out the best guy to run your offense being a moron? He must have seen something about McCown's play to bench him.

Why are most knowlegeable football fans quick to insult and pass judgement on something(being an NFL coach) they are not qualified to do?

Edited by Brentastic

581098[/snapback]

Not sure why it was such a big mistake pulling McCown. Last I checked they sucked with him as well as without him. Green needs a couple of drafts and free agent years to really see if he can turn things around or not. This year, IMO, he already has too many wins.

Remember last year's Cardinal team?  If you had a guy on your FF team going against the Cards, it was an automatic start.  Not this year!  I think Green has this team moving in the right direction, I like what he's doing over there.

581088[/snapback]

:D

I like his coaching style myself, give a guy a chance, if he fails stick in the next one.................. but make it quick :D

Nothing like leaving talent on the bench, give the youngsters a shot, see what you got for next year.......more coaches should take this approach. What am i saying this would be FF suicide. B)

I HATE YOU GREEN.......BAD !! BAD!! BAD IDEA!!!

How is finding out the best guy to run your offense being a moron?  He must have seen something about McCown's play to bench him.

Why are most knowlegeable football fans quick insult and pass judgement on something(being an NFL coach) they are not qualified to do?

581120[/snapback]

Well, let's see. You seemed to pass judgement by saying that you like what he's doing over there, no? So you're contradicting yourself, no? Or are you just not classifying yourself in the "knowledgeable football fan" category. Or are you an NFL coach?

What Green did with the QB's is a mistake. And it has already shown, and will continue to show. Have you ever seen Shaun King throw a football? If you have, you certainly can't agree that starting him was a good idea. So I don't have the right to have an opinion, albeit a right one, on the subject? Or is it just because I'm disagreeing with you, and the fact that I'm right, that you have a problem with it?

Well, let's see. You seemed to pass judgement by saying that you like what he's doing over there, no? So you're contradicting yourself, no? Or are you just not classifying yourself in the "knowledgeable football fan" category. Or are you an NFL coach?

What Green did with the QB's is a mistake. And it has already shown, and will continue to show. Have you ever seen Shaun King throw a football? If you have, you certainly can't agree that starting him was a good idea. So I don't have the right to have an opinion, albeit a right one, on the subject? Or is it just because I'm disagreeing with you, and the fact that I'm right, that you have a problem with it?

581142[/snapback]

Tell me how it is a mistake if the team was not going anywhere offensively?

Not sure why it was such a big mistake pulling McCown.  Last I checked they sucked with him as well as without him.  Green needs a couple of drafts and free agent years to really see if he can turn things around or not.  This year, IMO, he already has too many wins.

581125[/snapback]

It's more the fact that he pulled McCown for King, then put McCown right back in there when King sucked it up, and now will bench McCown again for Navarre, for how long? A quarter? I don't think it's smart, and it's certainly not sending positive signals or re-enforcing young QB's imo.

581098[/snapback]

While I agree with this I'm in the middle on this subject. I think Green has done a VERY good job with this team, and made them very respectable. I also can see they are heading in a good direction. With that said it was a TERRIBLE move to start an AWFUL King, and it is just a bad a move to start Navarre who was bad at Michigan. They were 4-5 and playing well with McCown so why make the change. If he didn't maybe they could have won 1 of the last 2 and been tied for the 6 spot with the Giants and Rams after the Rams lose in GB tonight.

Edited by giantsfan

It's more the fact that he pulled McCown for King, then put McCown right back in there when King sucked it up, and now will bench McCown again for Navarre, for how long? A quarter? I don't think it's smart, and it's certainly not sending positive signals or re-enforcing young QB's imo.

581153[/snapback]

You like the coaches who are more political in there approach then? I respect a guy who can admit to the world he made a mistake. There are many coaches who will stick it out with the wrong guy even though they realize it's the wrong for the team.

You like the coaches who are more political in there approach then?  I respect a guy who can admit to the world he made a mistake.  There are many coaches who will stick it out with the wrong guy even though they realize it's the wrong for the team.

581171[/snapback]

I don't disagree with that at all. But it was stoopid imo. Mike Tice does many stoopid things as well, but he doesn't have the experience of Denny Green. For a seasoned NFL coach to play musical QB's (ESPECIALLY with young QB's, one of which is supposed to be the franchise QB, as he said himself) and start a guy like Shaun King is moranic. That's my only point. And it's just my opinion, but I happen to be right. :D

I don't disagree with that at all. But it was stoopid imo. Mike Tice does many stoopid things as well, but he doesn't have the experience of Denny Green. For a seasoned NFL coach to play musical QB's (ESPECIALLY with young QB's, one of which is supposed to be the franchise QB, as he said himself) and start a guy like Shaun King is moranic. That's my only point. And it's just my opinion, but I happen to be right.  :D

581186[/snapback]

You know why he's right? We have seen King and we ALL know he stinks so he's no future. Going to him is dumb and has no end upside. As much as I think Navarre stinks and he did at Michigan at least he's young so you can sell it as unproven lets see what we have. With King there was NO chance of that. I would just play McNown who they were 4-5 with, but at least Navarre is a ? mark. No sense in playing a guy in King who we ALL knew stunk.

I don't disagree with that at all. But it was stoopid imo. Mike Tice does many stoopid things as well, but he doesn't have the experience of Denny Green. For a seasoned NFL coach to play musical QB's (ESPECIALLY with young QB's, one of which is supposed to be the franchise QB, as he said himself) and start a guy like Shaun King is moranic. That's my only point. And it's just my opinion, but I happen to be right.  :D

581186[/snapback]

Listen, I never thought King was a good QB, but I haven't seen him play since he was with TB, and I presume you haven't either.

My point is that nobody knows how he looked in practice. There are many people in all careers who blossom late. To say he sucks without seeing him in 4+ years is a bit premature IMO.

Listen, I never thought King was a good QB, but I haven't seen him play since he was with TB, and I presume you haven't either.

My point is that nobody knows how he looked in practice.  There are many people in all careers who blossom late.  To say he sucks without seeing him in 4+ years is a bit premature IMO.

581208[/snapback]

To each his own. I know I saw MORE than enough of just how awful King was in TB to know he sucked, but you never know, so I respect your POV.

581186[/snapback]

So you are saying that just because Denny said that McCown is the franchise, he shouldn't be allowed to make a change when a player is failing miserably? I agree that going to King is a reach, but this team is and has been an abysmal failure for forever. He rolled the dice when the team was still in the playoff picture. They are averaging 16 points per game and need a spark. I can't blame him for trying something different. McCowns last game: 12 -24 for 90 yards. When you have crap on your roster to choose from, then it doesn't matter if you go crap #1, #2, or #3. These are the Arizona Crapinals...

I think Green is a great motivater but bad at the x's and o's...the move he is making this week in my opinion is a total motivation play...his QB's are not playing well..they are playing the Lions so who does he put in? a ex Michigan QB...I expect a quick hook if Navarre starts off bad but don't blame him for trying out Navarre..it is not like they have Peyton Manning sitting on their bench.

You like the coaches who are more political in there approach then?  I respect a guy who can admit to the world he made a mistake.  There are many coaches who will stick it out with the wrong guy even though they realize it's the wrong for the team.

581171[/snapback]

Its his first year in Arizona. Give him time. After a couple more mistakes, he will blame everybody but himself. Case in point NFC title game vs. Atlanta took a knee at the end of the first half with the most prolific offense in NFL history. A week later says it was Billicks call even though hes the head coach. Fatboy is right where he belongs with Bidwell and the worst run football team ever.