[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Najeh

Guest Sores

a good back would of took it to the house with holes that size.  love his power

582738[/snapback]

Agreed there, you could have driven a Mack truck thru the holes they were opening up. I wouldn't bet the farm on him just yet, but he did look pretty good in his first outing.

Mike Sherman has been quoted as saying the ony thing standing between Davenport and the rushing title is Ahman Green.  Those are just words, but it's a nice endorsement...

583028[/snapback]

I could be wrong, but I think that was a quote from Peter King in a preseason camp report...but point taken...if they run Davenport all season he could be awesome....

Mike Sherman has been quoted as saying the ony thing standing between Davenport and the rushing title is Ahman Green.  Those are just words, but it's a nice endorsement...

583028[/snapback]

Actually, I think it was Favre who said that. Point is, the Pack loves Najeh and have since they drafted him. Biggest knock against him is his propensity for injury and to fumble, but when he avoids those two traps he can be a beast.

He's big and fast. He's been battling hamstring injuries all season but has been getting better.

ADDING Speculation earlier was he would be traded to Miami because he went to school at the U (Miami) but he wanted to stay with the Pack.

Edited by Randall

He's big and fast. He's been battling hamstring injuries all season but has been getting better.

ADDING Speculation earlier was he would be traded to Miami because he went to school at the U (Miami) but he wanted to stay with the Pack.

583195[/snapback]

He made it VERY clear when those rumors were circulating that he did not want to be traded from GB.

Is it possible we are going a bit too far in here. I mean he's big, he's fast, he's a beast. That might be a bit too much for a career backup IMO. He ran on an AWFUL run D in St. Louis last night. With that said if Green misses more I say he'll do fine especially with that OL, but maybe a bit too far IMO. I could be wrong though.

He's no Ahman Green, put it that way and until Ahman skips town Davenpoop will be nothing more than a Lamont Jordan. People have said before that Ahman may be gone due to his fumbling problem, well Davenport not only has a fumbling problem he's also got an injury problem. Why would Davenport ever get anything other than scraps?

583028[/snapback]

It should be interesting to see what happens to GBs running game after Rivera and Wahle (supposedly) leave next year.

It should be interesting to see what happens to GBs running game after Rivera and Wahle (supposedly) leave next year.

583350[/snapback]

Agreed. I hope the Pack is smart and retains Wahle. He's extremely underrated and entering the prime of his carrer.

I thought the biggest knock against him was his propensity to poop in womens laundry baskets...

:D

583314[/snapback]

Never let go of that. I was hoping i wouldn't have to read that crap for the millionth time.

But a team with Moss on it who runs down meter maids with his car and gets off shouldn't talk.

Najeh needs some moves, he should of took back at least one of those 30 yd runs. he's not getting past the second level unless he plows over them. he's great fill in, but i wouldn't want to pay him like he's a feature back unless i had no choice.

he wasn't even getting touched running through those holes, St.Louis got schooled

Davenport has a nice size/speed combination, but his negatives have already been listed:

- tendency to fumble

- can't seem to stay healthy

- has NO wiggle; I've seen Packer FB Henderson make more moves than Davenport

That said, he IS a load with the speed to take it to the house. Dunno if I'd be comfortable with him as my team's 1A RB, but he's great for the occasional start or getting his 5-10 carries a week spelling the top back.

Davenport has a nice size/speed combination, but his negatives have already  been listed:

- tendency to fumble

- can't seem to stay healthy

- has NO wiggle; I've seen Packer FB Henderson make more moves than Davenport

That said, he IS a load with the speed to take it to the house. Dunno if I'd be comfortable with him as my team's 1A RB, but he's great for the occasional start or getting his 5-10 carries a week spelling the top back.

583877[/snapback]

I think he'd probably be good as a 2-down back, but would need a good 3rd-down back to support him.

Najeh needs some moves, he should of took back at least one of those 30 yd runs.  he's not getting past the second level unless he plows over them.  he's great fill in, but i wouldn't want to pay him like he's a feature back unless i had no choice. 

he wasn't even getting touched running through those holes, St.Louis got schooled

583714[/snapback]

Keep in mind that he was playing on two tweaked hamstrings and he bruised his ribs very early in the game.

Though the Packers got by with Davenport and Tony Fisher as their primary backs against the Rams, questions remain about their health at that position heading into Sunday’s game at Philadelphia. Green did not practice last week and was inactive against the Rams.

Even Davenport wasn’t 100 percent on Monday night. He claimed to be only about 80 to 85 percent recovered from a pair of nagging hamstring injuries that kept him out of the previous game at Houston.

“There were a couple of runs where I really turned it on,” Davenport said, “but then I really wanted to finish playing the rest of the game, so I kept it in third and fourth gear.”

Davenport also bruised his ribs on the third play of the game against St. Louis, but Sherman said Davenport’s ribs were nowhere near as sore as Green’s.