[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I hate fantasy Football

whomper

That extra point to that meaningless def TD by green bay gave me the loss.46 seconds left.Not the fumble,Not the td.the mother*&%$#) extra point by Longwell gave me the loss.Top it off with Najeh on my bench and My kicker Tynes missing a PAT..Couldve clinched the division..There is no emotiacon that can truly capture my feelings right now.Maybe if there was one twisting a knife in his chest Id pick that one..Thanks for letting me vent...

That extra point to that meaningless def TD by green bay gave me the loss.46 seconds left.Not the fumble,Not the td.the mother*&%$#) extra point by Longwell gave me the loss.Top it off with Najeh on my bench and My kicker Tynes missing a PAT..Couldve clinched the division..There is no emotiacon that can truly capture my feelings right now.Maybe if there was one twisting a knife in his chest Id pick that one..Thanks for letting me vent...

582788[/snapback]

FWIW, I feel your pain. Consider the facts that I:

1. I went 1-3 in 4 leagues this week including 0-2 in the two that really matter to me. In those 2 leagues, I ended up 3rd in points scored in both, yet also faced the guy with the highest points this week in both...that has happened to me countless times this year.

2. Javon Walker's 2nd reception right before the 2 minute timeout in the 4th quarter tonight gave my opponent a point that won him the game (.5 per reception in that league...we were tied and I had the tiebreaker...instead I got a 1 point loss).

3. In that league above, that loss officially eliminated me from playoff contention. It was the 2nd 1-point loss in the last month that came on a meaningless play with 2 minutes or less left on a late game...the first was when on the Sunday night game in week 10 when Loshman threw the pick with under a minute left against the Pats...I had a 1-point lead and my opponent had Pats D...thus the INT gave me a 1-point loss.

4. In my 12-team league, I dropped out of a playoff spot tonight with a loss...there are still 2 more weeks of the season left in that league so I can still get it back but at this point, who knows...I've lost 4 out of 6 now dropping me to 7-5.

5. Between several leagues, I left more points on the bench this week by far than I have ever done before...guys like McGahee, Julius Jones, Chad Johnson...guys that could have changed the outcome of a couple of my games.

In other words, this week really sucked.

:bawling:

Edited by Skrappy1

Im still simmering.I cant shake this one yet.I purposely didnt watch tonight so I could just check at 12:45 to see if I held him off.I check and Im tied.I turn on the TV and the td happens with 46 seconds..Just gut wrenching..

Im still simmering.I cant shake this one yet.I purposely didnt watch tonight so I could just check at 12:45 to see if I held him off.I check and Im tied.I turn on the TV and the td happens with 46 seconds..Just gut wrenching..

582848[/snapback]

If it's any consolation, that catch by Bruce defeated me in my battle for the division. The fumble meant nothing, but the catch plus yards took my opponent past me when he started miles behind. A win tonight would have locked up a first round bye in the playoffs. Now I must win next week and hope he loses - it's conceivable I could miss the freakin' playoffs altogether but incredibly unlikely.

Screw Martz for having Bruce on the field at that stage. Now he's injured too. :D:DB)

On my 12-team NFL.com league, I've scored 1815 total pts on the season(that's 151 pts per game). The next highest scoring team has 1145 pts (thats 95 pts per game). The average in the league is 74 pts per game. I score TWICE as much as everyone else on average, yet my record is 6-6 and I missed the play-offs!!!!!!!!

You'd think I just played people with really good weeks right? Well, I'm ranked 6th in total pts scored against. So it's not like Im getting hammered every week.

If you look at the Breakdown Standings(my record as if I played each team every week......for example I am 11-1 against team 1, 12-0 against team 2, 11-1 against team 3 etc.....), my record is 114-18 for win/loss if u add it up. Isn't that insane??? The next best team for Breakdown Standings is 73-59 for win/loss. To make things worse, one team has a 29-103 Breakdown STandings record and he is 9-3 in our league standings!!! Check out my scores this year....(my score is first)

176 vs. 179 (loss) AGH!! (this team averages 95 pts/gm)

144 vs. 43 (win)

97 vs. 102 (loss) (they average 89 pts/gm)

154 vs. 163 (loss) AGH!! (they avg 67 pts/gm!!!!)

184 vs. 54 (win)

148 vs. 65 (win)

148 vs. 152 (loss) AGH!! (they avg 85 pts/gm)

150 vs. 49 (win)

163 vs. 62 (win)

129 vs. 59 (win)

164 vs. 170 (loss) AGH!! (they avg 95 pts/gm)

158 vs. 164 (loss) AGH!! (they avg 67 pts/gm)

I've scored 1815 pts(151 pt/gm), and they've scored only 1262 pts(105 pt/gm).

What pisses me off most is this weeks game. The guy i played averages 67 pts per game(i played him weeks 4 and 12), and his scores went like this ....45, 39, 40, 163, 50, 34, 90, 43, 52, 34, 50, 164.

Aint that unreal????????? And I'm out of the play-offs. I hate fantasy football.

On my 12-team NFL.com league, I've scored 1815 total pts on the season(that's 151 pts per game).  The next highest scoring team has 1145 pts (thats 95 pts per game).  The average in the league is 74 pts per game.  I score TWICE as much as everyone else on average, yet my record is 6-6 and I missed the play-offs!!!!!!!! 

You'd think I just played people with really good weeks right?  Well, I'm ranked 6th in total pts scored against.  So it's not like Im getting hammered every week.

If you look at the Breakdown Standings(my record as if I played each team every week......for example I am 11-1 against team 1, 12-0 against team 2, 11-1 against team 3 etc.....), my record is 114-18 for win/loss if u add it up.  Isn't that insane???  The next best team for Breakdown Standings is 73-59 for win/loss. To make things worse, one team has a 29-103 Breakdown STandings record and he is 9-3 in our league standings!!!  Check out my scores this year....(my score is first)

144 vs. 43 (win)

184 vs. 54 (win)

148 vs. 65 (win)

150 vs. 49 (win)

163 vs. 62 (win)

129 vs. 59 (win)

What pisses me off most is this weeks game.  The guy i played averages 67 pts per game(i played him weeks 4 and 12), and his scores went like this ....45, 39, 40, 163, 50, 34, 90, 43, 52, 34, 50, 164.

Aint that unreal????????? And I'm out of the play-offs.  I hate fantasy football.

582910[/snapback]

Just when I was feeling sorry for myself, I read the above. Now I don't feel so bad. :D

On my 12-team NFL.com league, I've scored 1815 total pts on the season(that's 151 pts per game).  The next highest scoring team has 1145 pts (thats 95 pts per game).  The average in the league is 74 pts per game.  I score TWICE as much as everyone else on average, yet my record is 6-6 and I missed the play-offs!!!!!!!! 

You'd think I just played people with really good weeks right?  Well, I'm ranked 6th in total pts scored against.  So it's not like Im getting hammered every week.

If you look at the Breakdown Standings(my record as if I played each team every week......for example I am 11-1 against team 1, 12-0 against team 2, 11-1 against team 3 etc.....), my record is 114-18 for win/loss if u add it up.  Isn't that insane???  The next best team for Breakdown Standings is 73-59 for win/loss. To make things worse, one team has a 29-103 Breakdown STandings record and he is 9-3 in our league standings!!!  Check out my scores this year....(my score is first)

144 vs. 43 (win)

184 vs. 54 (win)

148 vs. 65 (win)

150 vs. 49 (win)

163 vs. 62 (win)

129 vs. 59 (win)

What pisses me off most is this weeks game.  The guy i played averages 67 pts per game(i played him weeks 4 and 12), and his scores went like this ....45, 39, 40, 163, 50, 34, 90, 43, 52, 34, 50, 164.

Aint that unreal????????? And I'm out of the play-offs.  I hate fantasy football.

582910[/snapback]

Thats Brutal

If you look at the Breakdown Standings(my record as if I played each team every week......for example I am 11-1 against team 1, 12-0 against team 2, 11-1 against team 3 etc.....), my record is 114-18 for win/loss if u add it up. Isn't that insane???

582910[/snapback]

Sure it sucks, but you know you assembled the best team in that league. You should take solace in the fact that you had the best team by far.

Last year I won the superbowl in Huddler's Refuge, then R. Williams retired (before we declared keepers at least) but I was still able to start out 6-0.... and I'm loving fantasy football, I think I'm the smartest FF player ever -- you know how it goes when things are going well :D

Now my record is 7-5 and instead of coasting into the playoffs I am struggling to make the playoffs :bawling:

And it's basically all V. Testicleverde's fault. Exibit A: I trade Vinny to my opponent (I know, I know) the week he throws for 4 TD (his total to date is 12 and he hadn't thrown more than one TD in any week before then) and I lost by 3.

A couple week later when PHI hammered DAL on MNF I had a huge lead but I was going against McNabb and the Philly D. My opponent made a furious comeback that looked like it was going to fall just short -- then Vinny floats one down the middle of the field, it is picked at the goal line and I was sitting there looking at the TV like this :D as the Philly DB returned the ball 100 yards untouched for the TD. I lost that game by 3 points also.

In summation: :bawling:

That actually makes it a lot worse, IMO.

583021[/snapback]

He did everything he could and bad luck bit him in the ass. As a poker player, I've learned to live with that unfortunate circumstance. In addition, I assumed it was a free league (not that there is anything wrong with that) because he said NFL.COM league -- which would also lessen the sting for me.

"A couple week later when PHI hammered DAL on MNF I had a huge lead but I was going against McNabb and the Philly D. My opponent made a furious comeback that looked like it was going to fall just short -- then Vinny floats one down the middle of the field, it is picked at the goal line and I was sitting there looking at the TV like this as the Philly DB returned the ball 100 yards untouched for the TD. I lost that game by 3 points also"

I lost on that play too.

and on another monday night I was tied with a team and had the tie breaker and Ahman green had a 3 yard loss late in the game which put him under 40 yards and cost me 1 point..He didnt touch the ball again and ended up with 38 yards and I lost by 1..