[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Any news on Bruces last minute injury?

Finger

Had a barn burner last night. Going in up 15 with Bruce left. My opponent had Bulger and Wilkins. Held on for the win after watchiung Bruce go off! Then watched as he got Jacked Up in garbage time. Any word on his injuries?

583004[/snapback]

Yes, here's a word - MARTZ!

I would also like news on Bruce, but in addition to news, I'd like the huddle's oppinion on Holt's value if Bruce is out for any length of time.  Does Holt's value go up, or come down?

583024[/snapback]

Normally......I'd say it goes down....BUT.....they have some nice second year players in the wings. McDonald...Curtis.....Furrey. The passing schemes might get a little tweaking, but I don't think the overall passing stats would change all that much. This is to take nothing away from Bruce, who is having a fabulous year. Holt will only be double-teamed until the opposition starts getting burned by the other guys. (See Randal El and Ward in Pitt next week without Plax). Same with Cincy....once they finally made the decision that Warrick was out for the season..a few games later Housh and Washington start to emerge and free up Chad for some big passes.

And next week StL has SFO at home....let's face it. SFO's double team on Holt won't be effective anyway......LOL. :D It'll give them a week to work in the backups...Holt should be fine (FF-wise).

Normally......I'd say it goes down....BUT.....they have some nice second year players in the wings.  McDonald...Curtis.....Furrey.  The passing schemes might get a little tweaking, but I don't think the overall passing stats would change all that much.  This is to take nothing away from Bruce, who is having a fabulous year.  Holt will only be double-teamed until the opposition starts getting burned by the other guys.  (See Randal El and Ward in Pitt next week without Plax).  Same with Cincy....once they finally made the decision that Warrick was out for the season..a few games later Housh and Washington start to emerge and free up Chad for some big passes.

And next week StL has SFO at home....let's face it.  SFO's double team on Holt won't be effective anyway......LOL.  :D It'll give them a week to work in the backups...Holt should be fine (FF-wise).

583090[/snapback]

I disagree. Last year with Bruce hurt all year Holt put up monster numbers even though teams knew Bruce wasn't 100%. I think this increases Holt's value even if teams try to double Holt. They run so much spread formation and receivers have so many different short, medium and long routes that it's going to be hard to effectively double Holt.

I disagree.  Last year with Bruce hurt all year Holt put up monster numbers even though teams knew Bruce wasn't 100%.  I think this increases Holt's value even if teams try to double Holt.  They run so much spread formation and receivers have so many different short, medium and long routes that it's going to be hard to effectively double Holt.

583351[/snapback]

Then again, Holt's numbers have gone down tremendously this season (after his monster season last year), while Bruce's have gone up. My feeling is that Holt's numbers would still be hurt if Bruce was out.

In addition, my fantasy team would also be hurt. :D

Then again, Holt's numbers have gone down tremendously this season (after his monster season last year), while Bruce's have gone up.  My feeling is that Holt's numbers would still be hurt if Bruce was out.

In addition, my fantasy team would also be hurt.  :D

583360[/snapback]

You missed the point. Holt's value has gone down because Bruce is healthy this year. With him hurt, Holt's value goes up.

Sorry for not answering the injury question. Just couldn't help myself.

You missed the point.  Holt's value has gone down because Bruce is healthy this year.  With him hurt, Holt's value goes up.

583509[/snapback]

Last year was the only year since '98 that Bruce WASN'T healthy. And he was hurt late last year (IIRC, Week 15 or 16) and still played.

Saying that Holt's value goes up if Bruce isn't in the lineup doesn't make sense. Obviously, Hines Ward didn't benefit from the double coverage that he saw last week when Burress was out.

Last year was the only year since '98 that Bruce WASN'T healthy.  And he was hurt late last year (IIRC, Week 15 or 16) and still played.

Saying that Holt's value goes up if Bruce isn't in the lineup doesn't make sense.  Obviously, Hines Ward didn't benefit from the double coverage that he saw last week when Burress was out.

583593[/snapback]

Were not talking about any other team. I could care less about Hines in this discussion. The only reason why Holt isn't having a great season is that he's not getting the looks he did last year. With Bruce out, he'll get more looks and therefore more balls.

Were not talking about any other team.  I could care less about Hines in this discussion.  The only reason why Holt isn't having a great season is that he's not getting the looks he did last year.  With Bruce out, he'll get more looks and therefore more balls.

583881[/snapback]

He may get more looks, but that doesn't necessarily translate into more balls. After a 117-reception, 1696-yd, 12-TD season, defenders aren't going to double-cover him with Bruce on the sideline? Yeah, right! :D

If Bruce is out (which remains to be seen), guys like Shaun McDonald and Kevin Curtis are going to get more looks. Hell, you may even see Faulk line up in the slot more often.

Holt BENEFITS from Bruce's presence in the lineup, just as Reggie Wayne benefits from Marvin's presence. What do you think that Wayne's numbers would look like without Marvin?

He may get more looks, but that doesn't necessarily translate into more balls.  After a 117-reception, 1696-yd, 12-TD season, defenders aren't going to double-cover him with Bruce on the sideline?  Yeah, right!  :D

If Bruce is out (which remains to be seen), guys like Shaun McDonald and Kevin Curtis are going to get more looks.  Hell, you may even see Faulk line up in the slot more often.

Holt BENEFITS from Bruce's presence in the lineup, just as Reggie Wayne benefits from Marvin's presence.  What do you think that Wayne's numbers would look like without Marvin?

583939[/snapback]

Holt clearly does not benefit from a healthy Bruce in the lineup. He doesn't get the ball thrown his way as much as he did last year. Just curious, is Bruce in a contract year this year?

I just checked the Rams message boards on the St. Louis Post-Dispatch site & there was surprisingly nothing on Bruce's status. There was however, a ton of beatching about the Rams lack of defense and the head coach situation.

I will post here if I hear anything on Bruce - hate to see the man keeping you down A.S.!

Holt clearly does not benefit from a healthy Bruce in the lineup.  He doesn't get the ball thrown his way as much as he did last year.

584000[/snapback]

Again, you don't know what you're talking about.

Bruce didn't miss a single game last year, but was used as a decoy in Weeks 16 and 17 after suffering a minor injury. Obviously, Holt didn't haul in all 117 passes over those two weeks.

In Week 16, Bruce as used as a decoy and Holt had a good game against a crappy Bengals secondary.

In Week 17, Mariucci realized that Bruce was hurt (no receptions the previous week) and double-teamed Holt. The result: 5 catches for 54 yards.

My guess is that Holt's numbers will suffer again without a healthy Bruce.

Edited by Bill Swerski

any #1 wr benefits from a good #2 wr : marvin harrison(wayne), derek mason(bennett), keyshaw johnson(glenn), andre johnson(gaffney),moulds(price) even freaks like randy moss or terrell owens benefit from a complimentary wr at the #2 spot or even a good TE for that matter

any #1 wr benefits from a good #2 wr : marvin harrison(wayne), derek mason(bennett), keyshaw johnson(glenn), andre johnson(gaffney),moulds(price) even freaks like randy moss or terrell owens benefit from a complimentary wr at the #2 spot or even a good TE for that matter

584257[/snapback]

Look what happened to Peerless Price when he moved to Atlanta. Look what happened to Chad Johnson after Warrick got hurt. How many more balls did Hines see last week when Burress was out?

I disagree.  Last year with Bruce hurt all year Holt put up monster numbers even though teams knew Bruce wasn't 100%.  I think this increases Holt's value even if teams try to double Holt.  They run so much spread formation and receivers have so many different short, medium and long routes that it's going to be hard to effectively double Holt.

583351[/snapback]

NAU? Did you miss my "BUT"....in the first sentence? I said "normally this sort of thing would be bad"....in the case of a good 1-2 WR punch. Then went on to say why I thought it wouldn't hurt Holt at all. :D

NAU?  Did you miss my "BUT"....in the first sentence?  I said "normally this sort of thing would be bad"....in the case of a good 1-2 WR punch.  Then went on to say why I thought it wouldn't hurt Holt at all. :D

584475[/snapback]

I agree with you 100% Bunz!

Normally it would hurt, but, in the case of the Rams....Holts #s would definitely go up with Bruce out.