[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

FFTOC Week 12 is up!

Roller Coasters

Did anyone else notice the guy that finished at #201? He missed the cut by 0.20 points, after a 165.1 point week! Ouch!  :doah:

583549[/snapback]

Believe me, I noticed, 'cause I missed the cut by 1.02 pts after a 168.7 pt week. Now THAT is a bummer. With that fine of a margin, too many decisions to even lament, but the ones that really standout: week 3 when a non-injured Duckett gets ZERO touches; week 7 when McNair got hurt very early vs the Vikings and left with 2 passing yards / 0 rushing yds; and the previously mentioned week 8 MNF game when the Jets, leading 41-7, gave up a TD on the game's final play to cost me 7 pts.

Interesting, over on the footballguys board, 3 folks are seriously bummed out. One guy was 44th overall after 10 weeks, and fell all the way to 224 this week. Another was 100th after 11 weeks and fell to 219. And a third guy was in the top 50 after 10 weeks, and FORGOT to submit a week 11 lineup.

It was fun, and just to torment myself, I'll continue on just to see how I "could" have done if I'd squeezed out another 1.02 pts. A sincere good luck to everyone who move onto to the finals !

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh and in case I was too happy for myself and forgot to mention, congrats to all the rest of you that made the cut. Kick some ass in the playoffs!

That sucks to be right there but just missing the finals. Like you guys said, that is just two yards for the guy that is at 201.

Well, everything is reset to zero and I’ll bet that a bunch of us are sitting on a majority of the same players right about now. It’s going to be very interesting over the next couple of weeks.

Believe me, I noticed, 'cause I missed the cut by 1.02 pts after a 168.7 pt week.  Now THAT is a bummer.  With that fine of a margin, too many decisions to even lament, but the ones that really standout:  week 3 when a non-injured Duckett gets ZERO touches; week 7 when McNair got hurt very early vs the Vikings and left with 2 passing yards / 0 rushing yds; and the previously mentioned week 8 MNF game when the Jets, leading 41-7, gave up a TD on the game's final play to cost me 7 pts.

Interesting, over on the footballguys board, 3 folks are seriously bummed out.  One guy was 44th overall after 10 weeks, and fell all the way to 224 this week.  Another was 100th after 11 weeks and fell to 219.  And a third guy was in the top 50 after 10 weeks, and FORGOT to submit a week 11 lineup.

It was fun, and just to torment myself, I'll continue on just to see how I "could" have done if I'd squeezed out another 1.02 pts.  A sincere good luck to everyone who move onto to the finals !

583826[/snapback]

I was reading those other boards regarding the FFTOC as well. Many of the people I saw were in the 300's and were hoping for something to happen. I was in the single digit rankings up until week 11. It sure hurts when you miss out on the hot plays of the week. I've had low scores before with no damage but that wasn't the case for week 11.

I'm in I went from 162 to 168.

Now I have to decide who to play and when. Here's what I got left...

QB"S- (hated to burn Manning but, probally wouldn't be here without him)Culpepper, Bulger, Vick , Hasslebeck, Plummer, Delhomme, Pennington

Rb's-(pretty happy with who I got left if Priest, Ahman, and Jamal can get healthy)LaDanian Tomlinson, Ahman Green, Jamal Lewis, Priest Holmes, Shaun Alexander,Curtis Martin, Deuce McAllister, Chris Brown, Clinton Portis, Julius jones, Kevin Jones.

Wr's-(not 12 deep-like I need to be) Randy Moss, Terrell Owens, Tory Holt, Javon Walker, Hines Ward, Chad Johnson, Darrell Jackson, Keenan McCardell, Santana Moss, Anquan Boldin, Deion Branch, Rod Gardener, Jerry Porter, Antonio Bryant

TE's-(probally as good as anyone's left but, need to pick the right weeks for each) Tony Gonzalez, Alge Crumpler, Antonio Gates, Randy McMichael

K-(pretty solid but, I've struck out at picking them all year) Elam, Wilkins, Akers, ,Tynes, Reed, Graham.

Def-(hit or miss here too)N.E., Denver, Jax, Wash, Tenn. Buffalo

I feel pretty good but, alot of teams have studs left and the winner will be whoever is lucky enough to have 1 great week, 1 really good week and 2 pretty good weeks. With only 4 weeks to go losing ground will be hard to make up.

Good Luk everyone.....

I'm in I went from 162 to 168.

Now I have to decide who to play and when. Here's what I got left...

QB"S- (hated to burn Manning but, probally wouldn't be here without him)Culpepper, Bulger, Vick , Hasslebeck, Plummer, Delhomme, Pennington

Rb's-(pretty happy with who I got left if Priest, Ahman, and Jamal can get healthy)LaDanian Tomlinson, Ahman Green, Jamal Lewis, Priest Holmes, Shaun Alexander,Curtis Martin, Deuce McAllister, Chris Brown, Clinton Portis, Julius jones, Kevin Jones.

Wr's-(not 12 deep-like I need to be) Randy Moss, Terrell Owens, Tory Holt, Javon Walker, Hines Ward, Chad Johnson, Darrell Jackson, Keenan McCardell, Santana Moss, Anquan Boldin, Deion Branch, Rod Gardener, Jerry Porter, Antonio Bryant

TE's-(probally as good as anyone's left but, need to pick the right weeks for each) Tony Gonzalez, Alge Crumpler, Antonio Gates, Randy McMichael

K-(pretty solid but, I've struck out at picking them all year) Elam, Wilkins, Akers, ,Tynes, Reed, Graham.

Def-(hit or miss here too)N.E., Denver, Jax, Wash, Tenn. Buffalo

I feel pretty good but, alot of teams have studs left and the winner will be whoever is lucky enough to have 1 great week, 1 really good week and 2 pretty good weeks. With only 4 weeks to go losing ground will be hard to make up.

Good Luk everyone.....

583940[/snapback]

u can have studs but playing the right combo will decide it all------good luck to all huddlers that made it, a shot at 10,000 smackeroons is kewl---

:bigshock:

4-sure. Whoever can put the puzzle together the best will win 10k. We all for the most part have the same pieces. I know I would rather lose out to someone who has managed his team well as oppossed to someone who burned all the studs early and gets lucky and hits a grand slam with the likes of Nick Goins, and Chestor Taylor.

4-sure. Whoever can put the puzzle together the best will win 10k. We all for the most part have the same pieces. I know I would rather lose out to someone who has managed his team well as oppossed to someone who burned all the studs early and gets lucky and hits a grand slam with the likes of Nick Goins, and  Chestor Taylor.

584023[/snapback]

hey--i am starting chester this week..... :D

Hey, Sgt Ryan, skylive, you guys got awfully quiet when I mentioned a BOTH league based challenge, Fusion vs: AGS! Cat got yer tongue? :D

Skippy, glad you made it!

Sure, it's about matchups, but cantgetright's stud list is the deepest i've seen so far! Scary, even!

Hey, Sgt Ryan, skylive, you guys got awfully quiet when I mentioned a BOTH league based challenge, Fusion vs: AGS! Cat got yer tongue?  :D 

584235[/snapback]

Sarge makes the wagers...not me. :D However, I am sure Los G will have something to say.

Oh, and for the quiet part.... I was gone for several hours and just now checked into this thread. Probably won't see Sarge until tomm now... he is home from work I believe.

That is a great list to go, Cangetright.

I have an great group of QB's. Decent RB's, but I started the burn on WR's to try to catch up about 4 weeks ago so I am lacking in WR's. I also played all the better TE's during my run to catch up.

At one point, (around week 7), I was ranked in the 500's. :eek: I knew I had to burn studs and that is when the burn started. I am ranked pretty high as far as QB, RB, and TE use but my WR's were at 18% coming into this last week. Clearly my WR selection was killing me and even when I did pop a stud in there he went south on me. I will really be looking at the second tier guys and looking for the right play these last few weeks.

Wow! I just checked and I'm still in my a hair. :D

That is a great list to go, Cangetright.

I have an great group of QB's.  Decent RB's, but I started the burn on WR's to try to catch up about 4 weeks ago so I am lacking in WR's.  I also played all the better TE's during my run to catch up. 

At one point, (around week 7), I was ranked in the 500's. :eek:  I knew I had to burn studs and that is when the burn started.  I am ranked pretty high as far as QB, RB, and TE use but my WR's were at 18% coming into this last week.  Clearly my WR selection was killing me and even when I did pop a stud in there he went south on me.  I will really be looking at the second tier guys and looking for the right play these last few weeks.

Wow!  I just checked and I'm still in my a hair. :D

584325[/snapback]

Kewl! Best to you and all the rest! Wish I coulda been dere! :fireworksemoticon:

Fizzled out the last few weeks. Only one team made it in from my division (Motor City). Way too many last minute line-up changes that cost me dearly. I really enjoyed the tournament though and am looking forward to next year. Good luck to those of you who advanced.

A Fusion/AGS FFTOC playoff challenge... What did you have in mind.  I would back my confidence in the team management of sarge sky and myself with some cash and/or potential humiliation.

584467[/snapback]

Ill Let Los do the talking/wagering for us in Fusion, everytime I bet I jinx myself.

Did anyone else notice the guy that finished at #201? He missed the cut by 0.20 points, after a 165.1 point week! Ouch!

Fighting Evil? That was YOU? Ouch. 2 yards. had to happen to someone, glad it wasnt me!

Los, Sgt and sky, I am still waiting to hear from the AGS'ers.... I would prefer a friendly bragging rights wager of some sort. As soon as I hear from these guys, I'll let you know.... maybe I spoke to soon? :D:D

Did anyone else notice the guy that finished at #201? He missed the cut by 0.20 points, after a 165.1 point week! Ouch! 

Fighting Evil? That was YOU? Ouch. 2 yards. had to happen to someone, glad it wasnt me!

Los, Sgt and sky, I am still waiting to hear from the AGS'ers.... I would prefer a friendly bragging rights wager of some sort. As soon as I hear from these guys, I'll let you know.... maybe I spoke to soon?  :D  :D

585663[/snapback]

Don't rub it in...oh well, I will always have my avatar.

Not to try to raise any false hopes.... but the final standings are not yet official. I am not aware of there being any late scoring adjustments in the tourney, but the fat lady has not actually started to sing, although she's pretty warmed up for it.

I kept thinking that the week I scrolled to find the Tiatans kicker, and clicked on Nedney, NOT Anderson, which cost me 12 points was going to be the difference between being in or out. I think missing by two yards would be worse. I feel your pain, Fighting, not rubbin it in!

Not to try to raise any false hopes.... but the final standings are not yet official.

585980[/snapback]

Yeah... tried to say that in an earlier post in the "I can set my lineup" thread.

Their email said something about finalization no later than Thursday.