[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Faulk's prospects for next year?

xau

Faulk is a shell of his former gifted, elusive self. He no longer has any burst, his cutbacks are pedestrian and his shiftiness gone. He is an "old pro", so he will show flashes of his former self, particularly in the short passing game where he has the craftiness to get open, but Jackson is the future of the Rams running game.

Faulk's knees will prevent him from having any significant value.  He will get injured next year and it will be all Jackson

583663[/snapback]

While I agree that Jackson is the future I disagree that Faulk is done.

Obvioulsy he is getting near the end due to his age but the single biggest detriment to his productivity is his coach. He is still averaging 4.2 yds pre carry, he just isn't getting any carries. And he is only getting 4 catches per game as well. Martz simply isn't using him.

While I agree that Jackson is the future I disagree that Faulk is done.

Obvioulsy he is getting near the end due to his age but the single biggest detriment to his productivity is his coach. He is still averaging 4.2 yds pre carry, he just isn't getting any carries. And he is only getting 4 catches per game as well. Martz simply isn't using him.

583734[/snapback]

Although I agree that Faulk isn't getting the touches. I believe there is a reason why is isn't getting the touches just like last year. Martz is concerned that he just can't carry the load anymore. If Martz was smart he would just bench Faulk and pound Jackson all day.

i would draft him as a backup to my RBs. his vision can still pick up yards and his receiving is superb. He still has moves to avoid tackles. It's not like he's a dried up stinky dink licker. if i did decide he was the best backup RB to draft at the time, I would be forced to draft another RB though cause of my injury concerns. that sucks and will try to avoid that.

i don't thinik there will be many people drafting Faulk as their starter next year. Jackson will be drafted too high by many cause the writing is on the wall. But Faulk isn't done, so until then, Jackson's value will be limited. Martz has some man-love for his Hall of Famer. He'll design some more retarded plays for him.

hopefully Faulk makes us look likes asses and does the C-Mart thing.

Although I agree that Faulk isn't getting the touches.  I believe there is a reason why is isn't getting the touches just like last year.  Martz is concerned that he just can't carry the load anymore.  If Martz was smart he would just bench Faulk and pound Jackson all day.

584012[/snapback]

If Martz was smart, that wouldn't be the only change to the Rams' gameplan. :D

IMO, the last two games, and most of this season, have shown that Faulk is slow, weak, and has no moves left.  Is he done?  jackson starting next year?

583590[/snapback]

Sounds like a player Parcells would pick up for Dallas since the Eddie George experiment didn't work .. cept he's probably stuck with Jones ...

faulk still has gas left in the tank but needs to be utilized better

584111[/snapback]

Faulk will be 32 next year and has had numerous knee surgeries over the past four years.

Marshall is one of my all-time favorites, but he's as done as burnt toast.

Edited by Bill Swerski

Marshall is one of my all-time favorites, but he's as done as burnt toast.

584208[/snapback]

if faulk truly is "burnt toast" then mike martz is the cook who burned him...mark my words if jackson was #1 right now we would all be complaining that he is being misused, after all at one point this year both backs were averaging close to 5ypc and were receiving minimal carries

In St. Louis I would say Faulk is done. However, if he were to land with the right team he could be a serviceable running back, but he will not hold up to 25+ touches again it appears. I honestly thought Faulk was about to turn things up a notch about a month ago but that has not consistently transpired. Like someone said earlier Martz is obviously not comfortable with giving him a load so he is done in my book for the year. We will see as time moves on but I would never pick this guy to be more than anything other than a #3/4 running back in a conventional league if that's what you need next year.