[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Thomas Jones

stevekay

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the comparison is incomplete without factoring in the injuries sustained by the Bears. Consider the first three weeks of the season when all the teams were healthy and TJ was a solid addition. It's eay to look back in retrospect to see what happened, but you have to take into account the team dynamics as well before claiming complete victory.

Okay. Just for the sake of killing some time, let's say you were "right." Fine. Good for you. In fact, I agree with you. But you'll have to repeat that success a couple times before most folks around here are going to be impressed.

Edited by yo mama

Before Grossman went down Rex was doing an adequate job at running the offense. At the time that Grossman got injured TJ was leading the NFC in rushing. I don't think he is that far behind Dillon if at all. The Bears have not had a QB since that has moved the offense. The opposing defenses are just stacking the line. It's no secret that the Bears can't throw the ball. I think the grade on TJ this year should be an incomplete. Let's see what he does next year.

Before Grossman went down Rex was doing an adequate job at running the offense.  At the time that Grossman got injured TJ was leading the NFC in rushing.  I don't think he is that far behind Dillon if at all.  The Bears have not had a QB since that has moved the offense.  The opposing defenses are just stacking the line.  It's no secret that the Bears can't throw the ball.  I think the grade on TJ this year should be an incomplete.  Let's see what he does next year.

583788[/snapback]

I agree with this assessment completely. I'm also hoping that Anthony Thomas gets a shot with another team next year as I still think he is a better or at least equal RB if in the right system.

I'll even go so far as to say he isn't done yet this year.

The Bears have some games coming up against some fairly soft defenses i.e. Vikings, Texans, Lions and yes even the Packers. This last weeks was Jones 1st game back from his injury and obviously the biggest reason for his lack of production was simply lack of touches.

I look for Lovie to make sure that Jones gets his touches. And if he does he can still put up some good games down the stretch.

If you take out the game in which he was injured, when he only had 1 carry for 1 yd and his 1st game back from the injury, then in his other 7 games he has average 19.3 carries and 4.3 receptions per game for a total of 111.9 yards per game. And with 5 TD's he was averaging nearly a TD per game as well.

So, even though the injuries to Jones and the poor play of the Bears QB's allows you to claim an apparent victory at this point, I would say that the jury is still out and that you will be proven wrong before the season is out.

Probably even this week when the Bears face the Vikings.

I thought he was going to be a solid RB all season. Even though his situation has led him to see some tough D's I'm pleased with his production and plan on keeping him next year. He has proven that he can be a successful RB in this league. Is he a Holmes or Alexander of course not, but a solid 2nd round RB.

I think the comparison is incomplete without factoring in the injuries sustained by the Bears. Consider the first three weeks of the season when all the teams were healthy and TJ  was a solid addition. It's eay to look back in retrospect to see what happened, but you have to take into account the team dynamics as well before claiming complete victory.

583764[/snapback]

DING DING DING. It is unfair to peg Jones as a bust without looking at what the circumstances around him have been this season. Considering that, I think he's been respectable and certainly not worthy of a "look how much Jones sucks!" thread.

neither does sucking on dom davis' testicles like you do. :D

584124[/snapback]

Hmm

My previous point exactly. People who provide zero value and only attempt to stir the pot--these are the type of people that should be banned...not long time members that had an isolated error in judgement.

Keep on stirring.

DING DING DING.  It is unfair to peg Jones as a bust without looking at what the circumstances around him have been this season. Considering that, I think he's been respectable and certainly not worthy of a "look how much Jones sucks!" thread.

584103[/snapback]

Agreed. Jones was one of the top fantasy backs before Grossman got hurt.

Stevekay needs to learn how to analyze data.

Edited by Bill Swerski

lol...this guy loses points for even starting this thread...and I don't even know his name...

and I hate when people start the "I told you so" threads...I could start a couple of them...but I've also been wrong too...

would you like a cookie? :D

584189[/snapback]

Be careful...you might hurt someone's feelings by talking that way! :D

also, I'll go out on a limb and say he'll have a strong finish with Jeff George at the helm...

starting week 14...if not week 13... :D

he MIGHT be the guy to have down the stretch....not stud-worthy by any means...but who said he'd be a stud???...he might still be a nice compliment to whomever you have starting...