[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Isaac Bruce

Guest Sores

Thought I would create another thread where any news on Bruce won't be obscured by arguments over what Torry Holt hasdone/willdo....

I have scoured the net and have not been able to find anything concrete. St. Louis homers.....anything?

Thought I would create another thread where any news on Bruce won't be obscured by arguments over what Torry Holt hasdone/willdo....

I have scoured the net and have not been able to find anything concrete.  St. Louis homers.....anything?

583946[/snapback]

He didnt' seem to bothered by his fumbles . He frickin' should have been. ( yes , I am a Vikings fan. that game was painful and Martz needs to be fired ).

Some stuff from Martz' news conference today (from Rams website)

(On WR Isaac Bruce)

“As far as I know he is (healthy). That arm has been an issue all year for him.

It’s been banged up. In the beginning of the game, that defensive back did a nice job of stripping that ball out. On the other play, he got clocked in the head, went limp, and the ball came out. I know those are two big plays. He feels terrible, and he’s pretty wiped out emotionally about that. The rest of the time, Isaac is Isaac, he’s such a terrific competitor. He just plays his heart out.”

(On Bruce’s arm)

“He just has a sore elbow of some sort. It has been bothering him a little bit.”

(On WR Isaac Bruce)

“As far as I know he is (healthy).  That arm has been an issue all year for him. 

It’s been banged up.  In the beginning of the game, that defensive back did a nice job of stripping that ball out.  On the other play, he got clocked in the head, went limp, and the ball came out.  I know those are two big plays.  He feels terrible, and he’s pretty wiped out emotionally about that.  The rest of the time, Isaac is Isaac, he’s such a terrific competitor.  He just plays his heart out.”

(On Bruce’s arm)

“He just has a sore elbow of some sort.  It has been bothering him a little bit.”

584267[/snapback]

Thanks....this is the type of info I was looking for....

Hey if I just fumbled a second time for a touchdown in a game, I would hobble off the field too.  Less chances that I get yelled at and I might get some sympathy if it appears I am hurt.

Maybe just an act???????

584044[/snapback]

I was thinking the same way. Really, just think how bad Ike must have felt. I'm thinking it was a combo of a good hit and some real sore feelings.

He will bounce back and have a killer game vs SF.

(On WR Isaac Bruce)

“As far as I know he is (healthy).  That arm has been an issue all year for him. 

It’s been banged up. 

(On Bruce’s arm)

“He just has a sore elbow of some sort.  It has been bothering him a little bit.”

584267[/snapback]

That's called CYA! Bruce shouldn't have been in there at the end(along with Bulger & Holt). Martz points out that it's been bothering him ALL YEAR....CYA on Bruce getting hurt down 50 with 15 seconds left. What a joke of a coach!

That's called CYA!  Bruce shouldn't have been in there at the end(along with Bulger & Holt).  Martz points out that it's been bothering him ALL YEAR....CYA on Bruce getting hurt down 50 with 15 seconds left.  What a joke of a coach!

584559[/snapback]

Exactly. What does losing 45-24 instead of 45-17 prove? I was enjoying the Packer victory, but towards the end I couldn't believe Martz still had his core guys out there. I understand that you never want to let your team give up, but at some point the risk of injury has to outweigh competitive spirit.

Rams: Bruce suffers head injury

by Fanball Staff - Fanball.com

Wednesday, December 1, 2004

News

Rams' wide receiver Isaac Bruce suffered a minor head injury late in the week 12 loss to the Packers, according to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch. Bruce will probably sit out of practice for a day or two, but is expected to play on Sunday against the 49ers.

Views

Bruce put up big numbers before he suffered the head injury on Monday night. He should have more success this week against a Niners' defense that is still missing both of its starting cornerbacks.

Bruce was shaken up by the blow to the head that he suffered on his fourth-quarter catch and fumble, and probably will miss a day or two of practice. Also Bruce has been nursing an arm injury most of the season that affects his grip, coach Mike Martz said.

Interesting. The arm injury doesn't appear to be impacting his grip that much...he's catching everything thrown his way. Maybe D Jackson needs an arm injury that affects his grip...then maybe he'll catch a ball once in a while!

Bruce was shaken up by the blow to the head that he suffered on his fourth-quarter catch and fumble, and probably will miss a day or two of practice. Also Bruce has been nursing an arm injury most of the season that affects his grip, coach Mike Martz said.

Interesting. The arm injury doesn't appear to be impacting his grip that much...he's catching everything thrown his way. Maybe D Jackson needs an arm injury that affects his grip...then maybe he'll catch a ball once in a while!

585640[/snapback]

Go back a few years when Freeman played a good portion of the season with a cast on one arm. He was never known for having great hands but somehow was still able to have a pretty *** good season. He claimed having he cast forced him to concentrate harder on catching the ball and rely less on instinct.