[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

League Controversy

stan4osu

League Commissioners and owners:

I need your opinion...

Our trade deadline is today and two of our league owners want to make a last minute trade.

Owner 1 has clinched a playoff spot and Owner 2 is mathematically eliminated from making the playoffs. Owner 1 wants to trade Emmitt Smith (injured and out 2-3 weeks0 to Owner 2 who will give up Onterrio Smith (just named the Vikes starter for the rest of the season). Both have agreed to do the deal.

To me, this clearly looks like collusion and as commish I have the power to veto the trade.

Should I?

I am playing in the same type of scoring league as you and Emitt has been big but will be limited now at the end of this season and O. Smith is going to be much much more impressive. I think heck no because Emitt will not be the Emitt he was anymore.

Check my post please reply

I would Veto it.

What FFL Software are you using?

CBS Sportsline - has 4 options, but one of them is:

- A vote among other teams.

You can bring it up to a vote among other teams, so it doesn't look like your the Bad guy when the majority vote goes against him.

What are the other teams saying ?

I would Veto it.

What FFL Software are you using?

CBS Sportsline - has 4 options, but one of them is:

- A vote among other teams.

You can bring it up to a vote among other teams, so it doesn't look like your the Bad guy when the majority vote goes against him.

What are the other teams saying ?

584320[/snapback]

This is a good idea. In my league, when I'm faced with borderline transactions I like to put them to the league if possible (i.e if I can get their input quickly) to see what they think. While I'd lean towards voiding this trade, I don't think it's a slam dunk.

Thanks!  Any other opinions...

586606[/snapback]

More options? Sure. Knee-cap them. Poke them in the eye with a sharp stick. Hit them in the side of the head with a rock. Punch them in the throat. Stick a fork in their shoulder. If you need more let me know.

I'd probably go with the veto though.

I would hate it but not veto it. But I would voice my displeasure to both teams and not invite them back.

Trade deadlines solve a great deal of these problems. Ours was 2 weeks ago. (Keeper league though)

Do you have proof of collusion?  What do your rules say about vetoing trades?

586638[/snapback]

I agree with Grits and Mr. b00m. I am so tired of owners complaining about trades being unfair to the rest of the league. If you have evidence of collusion, deny the trade; otherwise, aren't you saying that arm's-length transactions are always going to be subject to scrutiny because some other owner or owners thought it was "unfair?"

I admit that it looks a little suspect but what if we turned the situation around and assumed Team #1 was trading for Emmitt and giving up Onterrio because he has secured a playoff spot and he has a deep lineup and would like Emmitt as a starter in week 14 or 15 or doesn't want somebody else in the playoffs to get Emmitt for whatever reason, or Onterrio sits on his bench and is not being used anyway, or he has information that Michael Bennett will actually get the bulk of the carries...do you still reject the trade?

If you know the owners are up to something, reject the trade and penalize them. If you don't have evidence, I don't think you should get involved and I'll go even further to say that the other owners should worry about their own teams.

If you are not a keeper league, then the trade makes no sense.

Even in a keeper league, the trade is stupid, but not illegal.

If you are a non keeper, then veto the trade. The owner out of the playoffs should have the common decency to not load up another team, but as they don't you should veto it.

I'd talk to the 2 owners first, starting with the one out of the playoffs to see what they say. If the guy out of playoffs even mentions "why should he care, he's out of the playoffs" then veto the trade and not ask them back next year.

If you are not a keeper league, then the trade makes no sense.

Even in a keeper league, the trade is stupid, but not illegal.

If you are a non keeper, then veto the trade.  The owner out of the playoffs should have the common decency to not load up another team, but as they don't you should veto it.

I'd talk to the 2 owners first, starting with the one out of the playoffs to see what they say.  If the guy out of playoffs even mentions "why should he care, he's out of the playoffs" then veto the trade and not ask them back next year.

586939[/snapback]

Block the trade

this one was easy.

Ramrock

We limit trades to Week 9 or so, so this last minute desperation/collusion doesn't go on. It seems to work. Veto it, or submit it to an odd number of senior owners for a vote.