[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is this cheating?

bambamhome

This is the last week before the playoffs. I am in 9th place and thetop 8 teams go to the playoffs. I have the same number of wins as teams 5-8 but because of points I am in 9th place. To make a long story short, my husband is out of the play off hunt unless 4 teams lose (which they can't because 2 play each other). His team is actually better than mine lately because he traded for Dominic Davis and picked up Drew Brees.

Can he tank his team? $2,000 potentially at stake.

That's pretty unscrupulous, but it happens. The mere fact that you're questioning it should be enough for you to make up your mind. If the "tanking" is obvious, your league mates will be pissed. Just put your best team out there, let hubby put his out there. If his team is better, as you said, then he should win regardless.

That's pretty unscrupulous, but it happens.  The mere fact that you're questioning it should be enough for you to make up your mind.  If the "tanking" is obvious, your league mates will be pissed.  Just put your best team out there, let hubby put his out there.  If his team is better, as you said, then he should win regardless.

584860[/snapback]

The only changes he is going to make is start Delhome over Brees. It will not be that obvious.

His team in performance league : QB Delhomme

Brees

RB Dom Davis

Staley

James

WD Price

Stallworth

Kolbert

Davis, Andre

Morgan, Quincy

TE Graham

Mcmichael

D Indy (really good lately)

3/4 of the NFL teams are out of it as well, should they start tanking it?

Always play hard, make folks earn everything they get, otherwise wheres the fun?

if you want to make money, play on wall street, but FFL should have some integrity

Edited by mphtrilogy

That’s what they call collusion :D. You cant help anyone by sacrificing your team. That’s totally unfair to all the other teams. What would you do if you didn’t like your opponent. In our league you must play your best lineup.

As commissioner I would not invite either to you two back next year!

Normally the other owners are friends of yours, BE FAIR to all of them!

First, not real sure that starting Jake vs Brees is an obvious tank. NO sucks and Jake can put up good numbers.

However, it is the intent behind the move that makes it wrong. You guys consider Brees to have more potential than Jake and therefore want to start Jake over Drew so you can win.

That is collusion and just plain sucks. I hope some of your other league members are on this site and see your post and kick both of you out next year.

Just the fact that you are even considering doing something that you think is questionable is proof that you aren't interested in upholding the integrity of your league.

I'm kicking a guy out that put up a "fire sale" after he was eliminated and then actaully tried to make a trade after I warned all owners that all trades would be vetoed.

I hope you both miss the playoffs, that you get kicked out of the league and that you have a hard time getting in one next year.

These leagues are suppose to be fun, and while it is nice to win money, moves and intentions like yours takes any fun out of it and only pisses people off. Besides the fact that I wouldn't want to get cheated, I'm sure with $2k up for grabs, you may get more than verbal reprimands and I'm not totally convinced the other owners would be out of line.

Basic rule, if you are questioning it something you are doing as being right or wrong, then it is wrong. That goes for life, not just FFL.

Worst of luck.

why not tell me how you really feel? If I really was going to do it I wouldn't have asked. I just really wanted to and was looking for some validation. I don't think I could have actually done it unless you all wrote that it happens all the time.

I just will hope my sorry team proves me wrong and I can pull off a miracle.

Mt team: QB: Greise

Pennington

RB: Dunn

McAlister

Jones, T

Moore, M

WD: Kennison

Horn

Clayton

Givens

TE: Heiden

Johnson

D: Detroit (this week)

Man, you are all saints. I have been putting in my husband's line-up for the past month since he has been busy traveling and unable and/or uninterested in playing now that he lost. 1 other guy on the team has never played and the commish did does not put his best line up so whoever plays him gets a bye every week (he's got LT. Chris Chambers, and McGahee on the bench).

I am not making excuses for my question, I was being honest. I will put in my husband's best line-up and hope for the best.

Tell me I am not the only person in the history of FF that has been in this situation? Best friend? Buddy? Nobody ever considered this before, ever. I am really impressed.

I kind of thought it was cheating, and would never want to cheat. I was hoping I could categorize it as a strategy...kind of like the NFL, when they rest their best players once they clinch the playoffs or homefield, or the teams like the Bears that know they are out of contention so put a QB in that never played in the NFL before since the season is over.

I guess I was wrong and I stand corrected.

why not tell me how you really feel? If I really was going to do it I wouldn't have asked. I just really wanted to and was looking for some validation. I don't think I could have actually done it unless you all wrote that it happens all the time.

I just will hope my sorry team proves me wrong and I can pull off a miracle.

oh my lord, so if all we told you that all women cheated on thier husbands

it happens all the time

would you go for it ?

Whether you are the first person in history to think about this or not, here is the main thing:

We play FF for fun. Sometimes money is involved, and sometimes quite a bit of money. The fact is that the game is no longer fun as soon as people start cheating.

Do your best, have your husband's team do his best, and let the best teams in the league reap the rewards they have earned. If you can't do that, you shouldn't play.

Thank you all and I would never cheat on my husband nor would I cheat at Fantasy football. I guess my competitive edge had me considering it for a 1/2 a second.

I guess I was rationalizing this decision by comparing it to an NFL coach that benches their star to prevent injury or allow them to rest for the big game. Or like the Dolphin fams who want the Dophins to lose the rest of the games to pick up the first man in the draft.

I thought it may just be a strategy, but it was more wishful thinking than an actual plan.

I am too honest to cheat. Now that you have all confirmed my suspisions and hurt my feelings at the same time, I know what to do.

Man, you are all saints. I have been putting in my husband's line-up for the past month since he has been busy traveling and unable and/or uninterested in playing now that he lost. 1 other guy on the team has never played and the commish did does not put his best line up so whoever plays him gets a bye every week (he's got LT. Chris Chambers, and McGahee on the bench).

I am not making excuses for my question, I was being honest. I will put in my husband's best line-up and hope for the best.

Tell me I am not the only person in the history of FF that has been in this situation? Best friend? Buddy? Nobody ever considered this before, ever. I am really impressed.

I kind of thought it was cheating, and would never want to cheat. I was hoping I could categorize it as a strategy...kind of like the NFL, when they rest their best players once they clinch the playoffs or homefield, or the teams like the Bears that know they are out of contention so put a QB in that never played in the NFL before since the season is over.

I guess I was wrong and I stand corrected.

585774[/snapback]

:D

Would you consider it if 2 grand wasn't on the line? Let's say you were in my league and the entry fee was $40 - or let's say that it's for free and no money was on the line. Is it the money that is causing you to "consider" this? That's why I got out of big money leagues. We're all human... well, most of us are anyway.

It is not the $$ it is the winning. You know the saying, "If it wasn't important whether you win or lose, they wouldn't keep score".

Now that you all know I am not going to "cheat", will anybody admit to understanding the NFL connection about benching their stars?

I wish you all good luck in your leagues and it is refreshing to know there are so many honest upstanding people out there.

Edited by bambamhome

it would most definitely be cheating, but it's just an honest question. lighten up, dudes. I'd prefer she ask and not do over just doing, thinking it was ok. I'm not even sure if I just used english.

Listen,

These guys have been hard on you, my guess is that they have been on the end of someone acting out on your thoughts. Dont take it personally, I applaud you for putting it out here to see what kind of response you could get. Two things that can always start a fight in FF this late:

Someone vetoing a trade because it is in "their best interest"

Someone not putting their best lineup on the field.

Both of these are difficult to prove sometimes. You stated you intentions/considerations therefore making it easy.

Now tell your husband to manage his own dang team or throw him out of the league. :D

Best wishes

Hardrocker

it would most definitely be cheating, but it's just an honest question.  lighten up, dudes.  I'd prefer she ask and not do over just doing, thinking it was ok.  I'm not even sure if I just used english.

585927[/snapback]

thank you Balzac...they really hurt my feelings. It was an honest question and I intend to do the honest thing.

I am just obsessed with FF and while my husband will be happy to have his wife back, the next 3 weekends are going to be painfully lonely without fantasy football or the Dolphins. GO HEAT!!!