[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is this cheating?

bambamhome

It is not the $$ it is the winning. You know  the saying, "If it wasn't important whether you win or lose, they wouldn't keep score".

Now that you all know I am not going to "cheat", will anybody admit to understanding the NFL connection about benching their stars?

I wish you all good luck in your leagues and it is refreshing to know there are so many honest upstanding people out there.

585922[/snapback]

To me 2 Grand would have been about the money and the winning would have been secondary. Now since we don't play for anything other than a token gesture, it's ALL about the winning (and the large traveling trophy). About a dozen or so years ago we played for that kind of green but it made us crazy so a few of us split off and formed our own league and we lived happily ever after. Time for my nap. :D

thank you Balzac...they really hurt my feelings. It was an honest question and I intend to do the honest thing.

I am just obsessed with FF and while my husband will be happy to have his wife back, the next 3 weekends are going to be painfully lonely without fantasy football or the Dolphins. GO HEAT!!!

585936[/snapback]

I'll second that - I've got Dwayne Wade on both of my roto hoops teams. Now if the Celts could just get their heads out of their arses . . .

it would most definitely be cheating, but it's just an honest question.  lighten up, dudes.  I'd prefer she ask and not do over just doing, thinking it was ok.  I'm not even sure if I just used english.

585927[/snapback]

People take their FF pretty seriously around here. I would suggest that this thread be passed on as a lesson of how people will react when you look for their opinion on conduct you might partake in but already know is wrong.

thank you Balzac...they really hurt my feelings. It was an honest question and I intend to do the honest thing.

I am just obsessed with FF and while my husband will be happy to have his wife back, the next 3 weekends are going to be painfully lonely without fantasy football or the Dolphins. GO HEAT!!!

585936[/snapback]

:D

Either you are a troll, or have some serious self image issues. You actually let people on an internet message board hurt your feelings? :D

I'll second that - I've got Dwayne Wade on both of my roto hoops teams.  Now if the Celts could just get their heads out of their arses . . .

585957[/snapback]

Word up on that. I missed Wade by 1 pick. Drafted blind (no research) in the 10th and last slot. Currently at 65 roto points, 10 more than anyone else. Tinsley, huge pickup. Marion, Allen, Boozer, Randolph. Ya baby! Makes me feel better about my "first to WORST" championship football team.

Word up on that.  I missed Wade by 1 pick.  Drafted blind (no research) in the 10th and last slot.  Currently at 65 roto points, 10 more than anyone else.  Tinsley, huge pickup.  Marion, Allen, Boozer, Randolph.  Ya baby!  Makes me feel better about my "first to WORST" championship football team.

585990[/snapback]

I find it almost impossible to effectively focus on more than one fantasy sport at a time. I came in 2nd in my roto baseball league by .5 points - I blame it all on football and the amount that it diverted my focus from baseball (I'm also an idiot for letting it do that). Hoops is currently a distant second to football for me right now . . . losing Jermaine O'Neal for 25 games didn't exactly make it any easier for me to maintain interest either.

I've been called worse things by better people than you guys and I have to ask my shrink if I am too sensitive....at least I haven't lost my sense of humor.

Is there a 12 step program for fantasy football addicts? I cannot believe I even considered jeapordizing my integrity so that my season didn't have to end.

I am using Yahoo's sugggested line up for my husband since I cannot trust myself to put in the best lineup.

I've been called worse things by better people than you guys and I have to ask my shrink if I am too sensitive....at least I haven't lost my sense of humor.

Is there a 12 step program for fantasy football addicts? I cannot believe I even considered jeapordizing my integrity so that my season didn't have to end.

I am using Yahoo's sugggested line up for my husband since I cannot trust myself to put in the best lineup.

586047[/snapback]

FYI - yahoo's "suggested lineup" is bunk. I check it every now and again just for a laugh. If I were you, I'd just make a good faith effort to insert his lineup, but don't spend any time agonizing over it. It's his own bad for not setting his lineup but, at the same time, nobody's going to expect you to spend hours (or even more than 5 minutes) deliberating who to play. Just don't intentionally set a crap lineup for him and your conscience should be clear.

FYI - yahoo's "suggested lineup" is bunk.  I check it every now and again just for a laugh.  If I were you, I'd just make a good faith effort to insert his lineup, but don't spend any time agonizing over it.  It's his own bad for not setting his lineup but, at the same time, nobody's going to expect you to spend hours (or even more than 5 minutes) deliberating who to play.  Just don't intentionally set a crap lineup for him and your conscience should be clear.

586062[/snapback]

Yeah I agree with Balzac. Just set the lineup as best you can. No one will fault you for that.

My question is, if your husband travels for work all the time, doesn't the guy have a freakin' laptop? Hell, I travel for work less than 25% and I at least have a shoddy laptop to plug in when I do actually go on a business trip or I head to Vega$. :D

You mean starting Staley over Dom Davis is obviously wrong?

Desmond Clark over McMichael or Graham wrong?

Kidding guys...it is done and I am toast. Glad you all could let off some steam at my expensive.

In addition to FF meetings I need help because I was also obsessed with the basket brawl...I watched it over 100 times.

I haea few issued to work out. I admit it.

586047[/snapback]

Sometimes you have to have pretty thick skin to post here, because at any time you could get attacked. Anyway to make a post like that - there is a good shot you will get hammered for it. Like many other people said, if you have to ask if it is fair or not, then most likely it is not fair. If someone in one of my leagues did that, then I would be really pissed if we proved it.

Anyway I have a similiar situation where I am in a league with my brother-in-law he works a lot and is not very computer savy. I am the commish of the league and he leaves his lineup fo me each week. Every week, I go based off of the best matchups for his team etc. I have never considered benching someone on his team to give me a better chance. Although, I have contemplated doing it the other way, earlier this year he was playing me and I was in dead last and he is fighting for a playoff spot. I thought about putting in a competitive lineup but not what I thought was the best lineup for me. I decided against it and started the best lineup I thought I could put out. He ended up still beating me in a tight game fair and square. After thinking about it, I realized I could never in good concious put out a team I thought may lose on purpose. When a bunch of people are playing a league for fun, but also with money on the line there is no room for anyone to be unscrupulous - it completely destroys the integrity of the game.

About your question about the NFL teams benching their best players. The reason they do that when they have things clinched is because of the risk of them getting hurt before the playoffs. Ex. If you have Manning and bench him - it doesn't make a bit of difference because he is going to play in that NFL game regardless. If the Colts bench him when they have the division clinched and are going to finish in the same spot, regardless of if they win or lose then they are benching him to keep him healthy for the playoffs, as the playoffs are obviously much more important than that last reg. season game.

586047[/snapback]

:D How do you know they are better? :D

:D  How do you know they are better?  :D

586096[/snapback]

I don't know they are better but I just wanted to be mean because you guys were so mean...not all of you, but enough of you.

A lawyer is always told not to ask a question they do not know the answer to, so I actually knew the answer before I asked. I was just hoping I was wrong. I also have been taught not to ask a question you don't really want to know the answer to i.e. "does my butt look big in this dress?".

I also hoped I was chatting with people who should have been working instead of playing on the computer, thinking if they could justify that, I could justify my husband's line up. Kidding again. Calm down.

I don't know they are better but I just wanted to be mean because you guys were so mean...not all of you, but enough of you.

A lawyer is always told not to ask a question they do not know the answer to, so I actually knew the answer before I asked. I was just hoping I was wrong. I also have been taught not to ask a question you don't really want to know the answer to i.e.  "does my butt look big in this dress?".

I also hoped I was chatting with people who should have been working instead of playing on the computer, thinking if they could justify that, I could justify my husband's line up. Kidding again. Calm down.

586130[/snapback]

I'm calm. note: sarcasm exists :D

According to my husband sarcasm is my middle name. Thanks for entertaining guys and no sarcasm here: good luck to all of you in your respective leagues.

I learned a very valuable lesson today....to trust my instincts rather than my competitive, cut throat, evil twin that occasionally pops her head up and tries to sway me the wrong way.

Sorry I came down on you so hard earlier. Bad day to see that topic.

As someone stated earlier, one of the reason I replied so harshly (other than my boss is a complete moron) is that I have had to deal with that sort of problems several times before.

I've been doing this since 1988 and have been a Commish in at least one league since 1990. Usually every couple years someone does act unethically and ends up ruining the fun for everyone as we all sit around and call each other and *** about the move and then argue about what to do with that team.

Ultimately we have usually not asked the unethical owner back the next year.

Like I said, I had one owner try to do a fire sale and another owner try to take advantage of it this year and this was the first year of the league!!!

Oh well, sorry again for coming down so hard on you earlier. Glad to hear that you've put that evil twin away for now and that you've taken all the feedback so well!!!

Good luck, and who knows, it may end up in your favor!!!

A lawyer is always told not to ask a question they do not know the answer to, so I actually knew the answer before I asked. I was just hoping I was wrong. I also have been taught not to ask a question you don't really want to know the answer to i.e.  "does my butt look big in this dress?".

586130[/snapback]

Wait a second. The reverse sexism is now off. I was thinking people were being overly nice to you because you were a woman... but now that you're a lawyer....

they really hurt my feelings. It was an honest question and I intend to do the honest thing.

585936[/snapback]

Sorry if the piling on hurt. Indeed, an honest question ... each of us wanders towards the dark arts occassionally ... only to be pulled back by the hair by the post-padding marauders who can't resist adding one more yip to a yap.

Enjoy your week and be of good cheer. :D

Man, you are all saints. I have been putting in my husband's line-up for the past month since he has been busy traveling and unable and/or uninterested in playing now that he lost. 1 other guy on the team has never played and the commish did does not put his best line up so whoever plays him gets a bye every week (he's got LT. Chris Chambers, and McGahee on the bench).

585774[/snapback]

You're playing in a league for $2k, and owners don't adjust their lineups? :D If they can afford to donate that amount, I'd like them to join one of my leagues.

This is the last week before the playoffs. I am in 9th place and thetop 8 teams go to the playoffs. I have the same number of wins as teams 5-8 but because of points I am in 9th place. To make a long story short, my husband is out of the play off hunt unless 4 teams lose (which they can't because 2 play each other). His team is actually better than mine lately because he traded for Dominic Davis and picked up Drew Brees.

Can he tank his team? $2,000 potentially at stake.

584816[/snapback]

AS LONG AS HE ISNT PLAYING SOMEONE WHO MIGHT BENEFIT FROM THE WIN, AND POSSIBLY CREATE MORE COMPETITION FOR YOURSELF, ESPECIALLY IF THE TEAM HE PLAYS IS IN YOUR DIVISION. THEN NO BIG DEA!! PLAY FOR THE DRAFT PICK

It seems as if as the day wore on you all got nicer, so I was thinking maybe today you all decided it wasn't actually cheating and I should do what it takes to win.

Any takers?

Didn't think so.

I'll keep you all posted on the results. Thanks again for your honesty and opinions.

585936[/snapback]

No matter what excuse you use to do it,it's still wrong.

By the way with the way Jake been playing lately and with the match up bress has this week i wouldn't be suprised to see jake have better stat's.

Ramrock