[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Chargers vs. Broncos This Weekend

pseudolefty

The biggest game this rivalry has faced in years (mainly due to the Chargers recent down years)... I think the Chargers will step up and deliver, although there is some homer'ism going on here :D The winner of this game greatly increases their chances of taking the AFC West. With a win, the Chargers would be 2 up on the Broncos with 4 to go. Otherwise, the Broncos and Chargers would be tied but the Broncos would have swept the season series.

I think this game will be close with a lot of points put on the board. There's a lot of talk in SD about the Broncos quotes after the initial game in "trying to force Drew Brees to beat them" and strong implications they didn't think too highly of him. To be honest, they were probably right at that time. However, now's a different story and he's playing at a much higher level. The Broncos may have to be careful what they wished for because they just might get it this weekend (i.e. alot of Drew Brees).

I also believe that LT will deliver the goods in this game (100+ yds and at least 1 TD). I think the Broncos will have to respect the Chargers other threats, especially Brees to Gates. Just to poke a little at DMD's comments in this week's projections, he states that: "As noted, Tomlinson has never done well against the Broncos...". Careful, with the word "never". You only have to go back to 2002 to check out LTs 220 yards rushing and 51 yards receiving and at least 1 TD against the Broncos at home. He shredded them up on that day. I do agree with DMD that historically, LT has had a tougher time with the Broncos though.

The more I watch Denver, the more I can't figure them out. I would be absolutely shocked if LT runs for 100 yds against Denver, but I would've also bet the house that they would've shut down the Raiders. (Good thing I didn't bet) If Denver could ever get T. Price to play he would immediately help this team. Were is that miracle healer?

Yeah!  And the winner will have the inside track on getting their heads handed to them in the 2nd round of the playoffs by Pitt or NE :D

585298[/snapback]

We'll see about that. :D

B)

As a die hard Broncos fan... I hate to say that if the Broncos lose this one hteir season will mirror their season last year! Except, I don't think that they make the playoffs this year, if they lose to the Chargers...

585423[/snapback]

Your probably right. The only thing that may help a little is both play Indy and that automatically equals a loss. Except that Denver plays Indy the last week of the season, so maybe that helps.

We'll see about that. :D

B)

585341[/snapback]

Yup!

I remember the last playoff game the Chargers had to play in Pitt that nobody gave them a chance to win. :D

THAT is why they play the games! :D

Yeah!  And the winner will have the inside track on getting their heads handed to them in the 2nd round of the playoffs by Pitt or NE :D

585298[/snapback]

Do the Steelers have another "Superbowl Shuffle" type video thing set up like they did in '94? :D

At the beginning of the year, I never would have predicted that this would be "game-of-the-week" material. If the Broncos lose this one, put a fork in 'em. Will Shanny lose his job if they miss the play-offs? What if they do make the play-offs and lose in the first round? The Chargers definitely have the momentum going into this game with the terrible loss to the dreaded "rayduhs" suffered by the Broncos.

585298[/snapback]

You must have been one of those Steelers fans from 94 who said that same thing. :D

Edited by Hurricane Ditka

i like the broncos to bounce back after an awkward showing.  if they hold tomlinson in check and double and or triple team gates, they could outpoint the superchargers.  this game and green bay philly are the best matchups of the weekend.  should be fun.  go, broncos moneyline.

588587[/snapback]

I think the Broncos looked past Oakland last week toward this weeks game. If Denver is smart, they single Champ on Gates and put the rookie LB on LT out of the backfield (he's had a fantastic season and is blazing fast). The key for this one is Denver has to blitz the hell out of Brees all day. Without Pryce, the D line just isn't as good.

SD's secondary is banged up so I think Plummer could have a good day.

I'll be there to watch it all go down...

588941[/snapback]

Me too, it is going to be a great day... It has been a LONG time since us Chargers fan had a big game. The town and the team are jacked up, that has to worry Denver.

Me too, it is going to be a great day...  It has been a LONG time since us Chargers fan had a big game.  The town and the team are jacked up, that has to worry Denver.

589756[/snapback]

I think Gates, Brees, and LT2 are enough to scare Denver right now... especially after being lit up by Kerry Collins!

Looking like a mudder game.

"Thundershowers following a period of rain early. High 58F. Winds SSW at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of rain 90%. Rainfall near a half an inch."

So if it comes down to LT - vs - Droughns, as I expect with that kind of weather, I think you gotta figure the Chargers at home, will pull this one out.

My .02