[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

FF 2005

Wolv

Assuming Holmes is healthy and playing next year...the seven of the top ten will be:

QB: Manning and Culpepper

RB: Holmes, Tomlinson and Alexander

WR: Moss and Owens

The rest of the first round in most leagues will be some combination of:

QB: McNabb

RB: Edge, AGreen, JLewis, McGahee and Portis

WR: none

Edited by muck

I cannot imagine Peyton duplicating this type of season again.  The Colts have a lot of free agents on offense, including Marvin Harrison, Edgerrin James, and Brandon Stokley.  Marcus Pollard will possibly be a cap casualty, as his cap number rises significantly next year.  Although owner Jim Irsay says he will resign both Harrison and James, we have a long way to go until then. . .

585313[/snapback]

We're a 6pt passing td league and I think Manning will be in the top 3, depending on what happens with the above. Can Wayne and Stoke continue without Harrison? Can Rhodes replace James and keep the offense semi-sortof-teeeniebit balanced? Is Dallas Clark a full replacement for Pollard? It's toooo early to make the call on 1 vs 2 vs 3 ..

I'd be hard pressed to pass on LT ... even knowing that if I had the first pick, when I pick again at 28, Manning, Culp, and McNabb will be gone ... but will Brees and Bulger still be there?

I still don't draft Manning in the top 3, period. The problem is that by drafting Manning first in a 10 team league, any stud RB will be long gone by the time that 20th pick comes along.

I would rather take my chances with a LT and worry about the QB later.

Now, if I'm picking 9th or 10th, I would probably go Manning then best available RB at that point.

I still don't draft Manning in the top 3, period. The problem is that by drafting Manning first in a 10 team league, any stud RB will be long gone by the time that 20th pick comes along.

I would rather take my chances with a LT and worry about the QB later.

Now, if I'm picking  9th or 10th, I would probably go Manning then best available RB at that point.

587523[/snapback]

Thats been the standard the past few years, since no QB has set himself apart. Its a lil different this year. Manning singlehandedly gave most fantasy owners a playoff spot, and CPep with a healthy Moss can't be ignored either.

Sure, the stud RBs will be gone, but look how many decent RBs were picked up in the 3rd round or later this past year. U could conceivably get 2 decent RBs with yer second and third round pick, esp with the rookie crop coming in.

I haven't read all the posts so I don't know if this was said already but things will be different next year I believe. Up until this year it has been all RB RB RB in the first round. With Manning, C-Pep, and to a little lesser extent Brees, McNabb, and Bulger tearing it up and ALL the RB injuries that have happened next year the draft will change. I think more QB's, and even WR's like Moss and TO will go earlier and stop the RB RB RB trend that has developed the last few years.

1st round pick overall sucks. I like getting 5th pick or so.

The reason is, that in a 10 team league your 1st and 20/21st picks will probably not give you the points as someones 5th 15th 25th picks. Think about it.

I like drafting in the middle, you can then grab one of the top QBs in Cpep or Mcnabb, and on the way back grab a solid RB or vice versa.

Manning singlehandedly gave most fantasy owners a playoff spot

587667[/snapback]

That is true. He single-handedly knocked me out of playoff contention in my DIV in one league, and on the other side, he has carried my team to a playoff spot & #1 seed even after Priest went down.

He definitely will cause the drafting strategy of many to be re-evaluated. I would have taken him in the late first if given a chance, but not sure about high first round. This has been one of the most prolific passing seasons a QB has ever had, and is great to watch history in the making, but with that said I don't know that ANY QB could put up numbers like this every year. Although, if anyone could do it, it's Peyton. He's in a league of his own. Like others have mentioned, his draft position should depend some part on the status of Edge/Harrison staying or going.

Edited by Hitman

I can't believe someone seriously would draft Priest #1. This guy has failed to be there come fantasy playoff time nearly 3 years in a row now. Overused, old, and breaks down. That would be a horrible pick based on what we've seen happen this time every year. DONE. Guys in the 31 year old range that are running backs don't get healthier each year and those with a history of getting injured most definitely don't get healthier.

Peyton Manning would be hard to turn down at #1 come next year. Regardless of their potential free agent losses I don't think it will make a big difference. By the start of next season they are most likely going to be without only one of the two...Harrison or James. I don't think this type of offense will shut down with either one of them gone. They have excellent backup running backs in Indy.

LT, if Bree's comes back should be a high pick, but LT's overuse is starting to bother me a little also.

IMO, the most difficult position to find consistent production is wr. That's not saying I'd take Owens or Moss first, but they are more valuable probably than any rb other than holmes or tomlinson. with holmes' injury problems, i wouldn't take him first. lt might be slightly devalued b/c his injury this year has kept him from putting up big stats. i can't imagine that peyton will do as well next year. not sure who's first, but i think moss/owens are top 5. waiver wire pickups at rb this season include julius jones, mcgahee, goings, pittman, bettis, droughns. it seems every year there are a number of rb pick ups that succeed b/c of the injury rates. kind of depends how many rbs you're allowed to keep on your roster as well

Hmm, I don't know who would go first in my league. We get to keep 3(1RB,1WR,1QB) Last year I kept C'Pep, Edge and Holt and took Tiki with my 1st pick which was the 4th round. About 25 other players went before him. Boy did i luck out. We don't have to keep any if we don't want. This year I'm keeping C'Pep, R. Moss and Edge.

If we did a full redraft I would probably look at LT or Manning.

I think Manning definitely deserves first round consideration. With the first pick, however, I would have to take a rb. If you took him with the first pick, by the time your second pick rolled back around, you would have to settle for "second-string" fantasy rb. You can find good qb values in the later rounds.

Thats been the standard the past few years, since no QB has set himself apart. Its a lil different this year. Manning singlehandedly gave most fantasy owners a playoff spot, and CPep with a healthy Moss can't be ignored either.

Sure, the stud RBs will be gone, but look how many decent RBs were picked up in the 3rd round or later this past year. U could conceivably get 2 decent RBs with yer second and third round pick, esp with the rookie crop coming in.

587667[/snapback]

Totally agree with what you're saying. I'm just wondering whether Manning can do it again? This is obviously a career year for him.