[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Blaylock/Johnson to Share Touches Again

Only In America

it all boiled down to that end of third/beginning of fourth drive where blaylock ran for that 22 yard td. It looked like both johnson and blaylock were kinda trading off carries pretty good at that point. take away that 22 yarder and its a toss up between the two for their 2nd touchdown. Plus they both have roughly the same average.....just my 2 cents worth. :D

stranger things are happening this season

beantown baby

:D

Edited by jengel61

the Chiefs playoff hopes are killed so they're looking to the future, they need to see what they got. they need to play richard smith now.

Blaylock has looked better every opportunity. Early on in last weeks game, I thought LJ looked better cause he was running hard. He was moving the pile like Jamal Lewis. He had a few dropped catches, but they were both poorly thrown. Last week they both looked equal up to that last TD by Blaylock. That last TD run by Blaylock was pretty nifty how he squirmed away from that LB. Blaylock ended up looking better.

Blaylock looked better catching and blocking too.

playing LJ might just be showcasing for a trade. either way, they need to see what they got. If next season were to start right now and Priest was out, I'm sure Blaylock would be the guy. That's just my opinion.

People like you make me laugh Caveman. In a post during the games yesterday I said LJ is showing me something I never thought he had in him. Now 1 game yesterday against Oakland isn't going to make me do a complete 180, but he was better than I thought he could be. I think my good calls in here WAY out # my bad ones, and this one is still unproven.

Should we go through all your bad calls. Like when you said Edge wouldn't be good this year and lose carries to Rhodes in the preseason. That was a great call. MUCH worse than me saying LJ wasn't good. He's had 1 game Edge has had 12 great ones.

People like you make me laugh Caveman. In a post during the games yesterday I said LJ is showing me something I never thought he had in him. Now 1 game yesterday against Oakland isn't going to make me do a complete 180, but he was better than I thought he could be. I think my good calls in here WAY out # my bad ones, and this one is still unproven.

Should we go through all your bad calls. Like when you said Edge wouldn't be good this year and lose carries to Rhodes in the preseason. That was a great call. MUCH worse than me saying LJ wasn't good. He's had 1 game Edge has had 12 great ones.

595503[/snapback]

Oakland's defense isn't exactly stellar either- Blaylock was looking pretty darn good himself until he got Ko'ed. This game doen't tell me much about LJ's overall potential.

Oakland's defense isn't exactly stellar either- Blaylock was looking pretty darn good himself until he got Ko'ed. This game doen't tell me much about LJ's overall potential.

595531[/snapback]

Couldn't agree more. I feel if blaylock didn't get basically knocked out he would have gotten more carries and done well also. And that Oakland's D is a BIG question mark.

595503[/snapback]

Find me that quote, numbnuts. What I said about Edge was that I ranked him behind the other top tier RBs because he had a major reconstructive knee surgery in the past.

Here you go.

Try not to tell me what I said and not back it up, though... :D

I didn't see your post yesterday and thought I would follow up on a previous discussion. You made a claim, I disagreed because I thought there wasn't enough evidence. Now there is some more and I want to know what you think after the game. That's not me saying you are an idiot or that I am a great prognosticator and that you suck. I am not calling you an idiot for thinking LJ didn't have anything.

Keep calling me out, though, and I might call you a moran.

Edited by Caveman_Nick

Find me that quote, numbnuts.  What I said about Edge was that I ranked him behind the other top tier RBs because he had a major reconstructive knee surgery in the past.

Here you go.

Try not to tell me what I said and not back it up, though...  :D

I didn't see your post yesterday and thought I would follow up on a previous discussion.  You made a claim, I disagreed because I thought there wasn't enough evidence.  Now there is some more and I want to know what you think after the game.  That's not me saying you are an idiot or that I am a great prognosticator and that you suck.  I am not calling you an idiot for thinking LJ didn't have anything.

595811[/snapback]

Numbnuts- :D

I love that expression (no offense Giants- I don't think you are one for the record)

Find me that quote, numbnuts.  What I said about Edge was that I ranked him behind the other top tier RBs because he had a major reconstructive knee surgery in the past.

Here you go.

Try not to tell me what I said and not back it up, though...  :D

I didn't see your post yesterday and thought I would follow up on a previous discussion.  You made a claim, I disagreed because I thought there wasn't enough evidence.  Now there is some more and I want to know what you think after the game.  That's not me saying you are an idiot or that I am a great prognosticator and that you suck. I am not calling you an idiot for thinking LJ didn't have anything.

595811[/snapback]

After 1 game against Oakland LJ is still a huge question mark. He did do more yesterday than I thought he would but it was 1 game. Let's not act like you were right, or LJ is going to be good, or great yet. I still will stand by what I said that I do not think he will be a good NFL running back. I think he looked good yesterday, but I still don't think he will be a good NFL running back. Although it seems like anyone can run behind that line. Holmes, Blaylock, or LJ.

Edited by giantsfan

After 1 game against Oakland LJ is still a huge question mark. He did do more yesterday than I thought he would but it was 1 game. Let's not act like you were right, or LJ is going to be good, or great yet. I still will stand by what I said that I do not think he will be a good NFL running back. I think he looked good yesterday, but I still don't think he will be a good NFL running back. Although it seems like anyone can run behind that line. Holmes, Blaylock, or LJ.

595836[/snapback]

I'll try again because it's Monday...

Go back and read the thread. I never claimed anything except that LJ hasn't had enough carried yet to be judged on what he can or can't do. In that, I am right. You can't predict crap about a guy in 21 carries.

Other than that, I don't have any idea if LJ will be something in the NFL and have yet to claim I did.

So that's twice you are trying to put words in my mouth. Three times and you are dead to me.

:D not really...it just sounded cool...

You were comparing Johnson favorable to Blaylock because he's bigger.  I believe he would also be bigger than Priest as well.

595902[/snapback]

By that standard Barry Sanders would be benched too. Small players often have an advantage because they can hide and break out undetected if they are also strong and fast.

You were comparing Johnson favorably to Blaylock because he's bigger.  I believe he would also be bigger than Priest as well.

595902[/snapback]

I said is that it is the one clear thing he has as an advantage over Blaylock. That doesn't make it the singular or definitive factor, does it?

I said is that it is the one clear thing he has as an advantage over Blaylock.  That doesn't make it the singular or definitive factor, does it?

596049[/snapback]

No, it doesn't. Since LJ is on waivers in my league, I would love to see him get more action just like you may.

News Story: Larry Johnson's time as the Chiefs' lone featured back is, for the time being, over. Coach Dick Vermeil indicated Monday that Derrick Blaylock would start in Monday night's game at Tennessee and share the halfback spot with Johnson.

Fantasy Analysis: Blaylock is healthy and will start Monday night.

Looks like a split to me still

News Story: Larry Johnson's time as the Chiefs' lone featured back is, for the time being, over. Coach Dick Vermeil indicated Monday that Derrick Blaylock would start in Monday night's game at Tennessee and share the halfback spot with Johnson.

Fantasy Analysis: Blaylock is healthy and will start Monday night.

Looks like a split to me still

597474[/snapback]

If anybody comes across info on just what that "split" may be, it would be much appreciated. (i.e. 50/50, 70/30, etc...)

Maybe I should because I'll say right now LJ is and will never be anything more than average at best. 20 carries, 200 carries, or 600 carries. We will see.

585971[/snapback]

:D

I still say there is not enough evidence to say Johnson is very good or very bad, but I am wondering if you have reconsidered this position after his MNF performance?

Look I'm not getting into some back and forth with you. He has looked better than I thought, but let's realize 2 things.

1. Look at the D's he's run against (Oak and Tenn)

2. It is becoming pretty obvious any RB can do well in KC. Holmes, Blaylock, and LJ have all run well

Let's see where we are next year at this time. After he plays a full year as a starting back somewhere I'd assume and then we'll know better.

Edited by giantsfan

Look I'm not getting into some back and forth with you.

611829[/snapback]

:D I think you need to get over yourself. I am just asking what you think based on new information. You know...looking for your opinion, saying I'm still not sure either way.

But, don't worry. I won't do that again. It seems you have trouble handling such things. :D