[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Free Fantasy Advice Here - Week 12

Hugh 0ne

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Woo hoo! I'm first! Unless I type super slow, looks like I get to pop the cherry of this thread! :D

Carr (@ NYJ) or Hasselbeck (vs. Dal - MNF): I'm leaning towards Hasselbeck. On the Monday Night stage. On verge of losing the starting gig. Against a poor secondary.

I'm starting O. Smith and D. Davis, since Ahman is probably going to sit another one out. If he DOES play, is Ahman worth a start over Smith?

Now, to my WRs. Starting Mason and Moulds. But...

McCardell (vs. Den), Williams (vs. Ari) or Fitzgerald (@ Det): Leaning to McCardell. I think Bailey will take Gates in coverage (he took Gonzo vs. KC), thereby opening up McCardell as Brees' #1 target.

Your thoughts are most appreciated. My IDP thread will be up soon! :D

Its time to play WDIS (cheesy game show music)

This week's choices:  Pittman and O. Smith?

585662[/snapback]

Both decent options. I don't like what Pittman did on the ground last week. I don't like the fact that Alstott is back in the mix. I do like the fact that it looks like the RBBC in Minnesota seems to have more or less disolved, making Smith the feature back. I think I'd give him the nod this week. Remember, any time Randy Moss is in the lineups the Vikes can run with ease.

Hugh-Thanks in advance.......

please pick 2....

Portis vs WAS

F. Taylor vs. PITT

Dunn @ ATL

also.....pick 1

Kennison vs OAK

Burleson @ CHI

last would you play Heap over Bubba Franks if he plays?

Thanks Hugh

Woo hoo!  I'm first!  Unless I type super slow, looks like I get to pop the cherry of this thread!  :D

Carr (@ NYJ) or Hasselbeck (vs. Dal - MNF):  I'm leaning towards Hasselbeck.  On the Monday Night stage.  On verge of losing the starting gig.  Against a poor secondary.

I'm starting O. Smith and D. Davis, since Ahman is probably going to sit another one out.  If he DOES play, is Ahman worth a start over Smith?

Now, to my WRs.  Starting Mason and Moulds.  But...

McCardell (vs. Den), Williams (vs. Ari) or Fitzgerald (@ Det):  Leaning to McCardell.  I think Bailey will take Gates in coverage (he took Gonzo vs. KC), thereby opening up McCardell as Brees' #1 target.

Your thoughts are most appreciated.  My IDP thread will be up soon! :D

585676[/snapback]

Well, you made it 3rd anyway.

NYJ Pass D: 195 YPG, 13 TD's

DAL Pass D: 217 YPG, 22 TD's

Gotta play the matchup and Hasselbeck here.

Green probably won't go, and even if he does, Philly is pretty stingy with the rushing TD's, so a banged up Green against a decent rushing defense is probably not a better option than Davis or Smith.

I give Roy Williams one more chance. He should/could have had 2 TD's last week, and got plenty of looks. If Harrington gets his head out of his ass, just a little, Williams should prosper. I think Bailey will get McCardell, and don't think McCardell will go Jerry Porter on his ass.

Good luck.

I've started Brady every week but have been tempted to play Griese instead.  I should've done it last week, but hindsight is 20-20.  This week, Brady is at Cleveland and Griese is at home vs. Atlanta.  Stick with Brady or go with Griese?  As always, thanks.

585693[/snapback]

I've never been a Brady fan from a fantasy perspective, and think Griese is a better option this week as well. Go with Griese.

Okay since you already answered my RB question here's what I have Hugh.

I think I have a good chance of getting J. Porter tonight. With that said I need 1 of:

Porter- v KC, Moulds- at Miami, and Clayton v Atl to start at WR after Mason and Horn. Please rate for 1 thru 3 in case I don't get Porter.

Which D?

Jax v Pitt on Sunday night

Cincy at Balt

Edited by giantsfan

Hugh,

WDIS?

Need 2 of these three...

O. Smith at Chicago(Edge ripped them apart)

C. Taylor vs. Bungles (rank 28th in run D)

Dom Davis at NYJETS

Leaning toward benching him but need a push-DMD seems to think Dom will have a tough time and the other two will not.

What are your thoughts?

Remember that discussion we had last week about RBs?

I am looking at this week, considering again Julius Jones @ Seattle on MNF, Kevin Jones vs Az, Brian Westbrook vs. GB, and Willis McGahee @ Miami

I feel like a kid in a penny candy store without enough pennies.

I like KJ's chances against Az. I think Detroit pulls a big game with the long week to prepare.

Westbrook is starting to turn it on, and I am not thinking i want to sit him because it should be a score-fest.

That leaves me looking at McGahee vs. Jones. Does Seattle rebound and does their D pull it together? Does Dallas get that same HUGH boon from the extra few days?

The thought of leaving McGahee on the bench is painful, though. He is becoming the STUD I thought he would this year, and this is a homecoming game of sorts for him.

What do you think?

I posted this as a seperate thread but I'd like to know what you think . . .

I understand that the following question is a good problem to have. This week being a make or break week for my team on whether I make the playoffs has me 2nd guessing my lineup.

I need to start 3 of the following . . .

Dillon @ CLE - no brainer - he starts

J Jones @ SEA

K Jones vs ARI

F Taylor vs PITT

I was leaning toward sitting K Jones vs ARI but then I saw the Huddles projection for him at 110 yards a 2 TD's

Do I sit Taylor vs PITT's good D? I remember him ripping the Steelers apart last year and he's been playing quite well lately.

What to do? What to do?

Which 3 would you guys start and why?

Thanks in advance.

Hey Hugh, what if I can get two first round picks, Ben Troupe and Brady for Cpep, Dilger, and my 3rd and 4th round picks? Still a bad deal? If I keep Cpep, I have a 50/50 shot of winning the league this year, if I trade him, the guy I trade him to will win the league. It is a trophy league, so no money involved, just pride.

Edited by Perchoutofwater

Hugh-Thanks in advance.......

please pick 2....

Portis vs WAS

F. Taylor vs. PITT

Dunn @ ATL

also.....pick 1

Kennison vs OAK

Burleson @ CHI

last would you play Heap over Bubba Franks if he plays?

Thanks Hugh

585707[/snapback]

Besides the fact that Portis plays for not against Washington, and Dunn plays for and not against Atlanta, I won't hold it against you. :D

OK, so Portis has a good matchup. Whoop-dee-doo. What have you done for me lately? Nothing. Keep your arse on the bench.

Dunn is now the little guy in a full blown RBBC, and unless he busts a long one, probably won't be seeing the endzone soon.

Fred Taylor is coming on strong. Jack Del Rio wants to get him more touches. This game will be close. What's not to like? OK, so Pittsburgh has the #1 rush defense and have only given up 4 rushing TD's. That being said, if Taylor gets more touches (had 22 last week) like Del Rio says, he'll put up very good numbers even against a solid defense.

Burleson. I don't like the inconsistency of KC WR's, and Burleson should have a decent, albeit not great game.

I'd probably play it safe and stick with Franks.

Hi Hugh.

I've been offered a trade. I would get McNabb and Moulds for Moss and Plummer. I need a win this week to have any chance of making the playoffs. Whatta ya think?

My team:

QB J. Plummer

QB T. Brady

WR R. Moss

WR D. Branch

WR M. Clayton

WR An. Johnson

RB C. Martin

RB R. Droughns

RB F. Taylor

RB D. Blaylock

RB N. Goings

TE A. Crumpler

K J. Carney (NO - K)

DEF Denver (Den - DEF)

His Team:

QB D. McNabb

WR M. Robinson

WR I. Bruce

WR E. Moulds

WR A. Boldin

RB S. Alexander

RB W. Dunn

RB M. Faulk

RB S. Jackson

RB T. Barber

TE Da. Clark

K J. Elam

K L. Tynes

D New York Jets

Thanks Hugh.

Hugh, hope you had a good thanksgiving.

Need two choices for RB out of four.

Traditional scoring 12 team league.  Thanks.

T Jones vs. Minn

Going vs. NO

K Jones vs. Ariz

S. Jackson vs. SF

585726[/snapback]

Jones is playing the Vikes, so that should help. But rushing on a team that has no passing offense makes it difficult when your opponent can concetrate exclusively on stopping the run.

I think you have to start Goings. He's proven himself and he has a GREAT matchup.

Well, I warned everyone against starting K. Jones last week because I was afraid he wouldn't get the touches because of a blowout. Guess what, he had 12 carries. Not good. That being said, there is no way this game is a blowout, Jones will get a lot of touches, and will have a very nice game. Start him as well.

Forget Jackson. Martz is ruining that running game by not letting them run, and it's a RBBC. Bad, bad, bad.

So, start Goings and K. Jones.

Hey Big Hugh, how's it going buddy? Hey I need your help this week. I need 3 of the 4 RBs and 1 of the 2 WRs...

LT @ Den (Sounds crazy but No tds vs. Denver this yr or last)

McGahee @ Mia (No Zach Thomas)

Thomas Jones vs. Min (Great Matchup)

Pittman vs. Atl (He may not get it done on ground, but receiving is just as good)

J. Walker @ Phi

A. Johnson @ NYJ

Thanks a lot Hugh.