[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Free Fantasy Advice Here - Week 12

Hugh 0ne

ok 2 out of these please:

J. Jones

Pittman

O.Smith

McGahee

Oh, and i get .5 per reception, not carries...yardage the same.

585738[/snapback]

You've got yourself some nice options there.

Julius Jones will get many touches, and will never ask to come out of the game. Julius Jones will do very well. Start him.

Pittman's performance on the ground last week was bad. He fumbled twice. Alstott is in the mix. I think he'll do OK, but you have better options.

The Vikes can run when Moss plays. The Vikes have abandoned the RBBC. This is all good for Smith. Smith should do very well.

McGahee's been butter, and has a nice matchup. I just don't think I can sit this guy.

Wow, real close between McGahee, Jones and Smith. :D

Bench Smith.

Nice options. :D

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Greetings Hugh,

Same problem as every week :D

I need to pick one of these four wideouts:

J. Smith v PIT

D. Mason @ INDY

C. Johnson @ Baltimore

R. Williams v AZ

I keep picking the guy that doesnt score, but I keep winning. Go figure. :D

Thanks Hugh!

Okay since you already answered my RB question here's what I have Hugh.

I think I have a good chance of getting J. Porter tonight. With that said I need 1 of:

Porter- v KC, Moulds- at Miami, and Clayton v Atl to start at WR after Mason and Horn. Please rate for 1 thru 3 in case I don't get Porter.

Which D?

Jax v Pitt on Sunday night

Cincy at Balt

585740[/snapback]

Porter = 1 week wonder. Don't buy the hype.

Moulds has a nasty matchup, and I think they will run McGahee all day, but I don't think Moulds is a bad option.

Clayton is probably your safest bet, because he's been so darn consistent, especially for a rookie. Problem is, he hasn't been stellar either. So if you want a 70-80 yard performance and maybe a TD, he's you guy.

I think I'd rank them like this:

Clayton

Moulds

Porter

Hugh,

WDIS?

Need 2 of these three...

O. Smith at Chicago(Edge ripped them apart)

C. Taylor vs. Bungles (rank 28th in run D)

Dom Davis at NYJETS

Leaning toward benching him but need a push-DMD seems to think Dom will have a tough time and the other two will not.

What are your thoughts?

585744[/snapback]

Well, I'll go against the huddle here. DMD thinks Taylor will do well because Lewis did well against the Bungles earlier in the year. Newsflash, Chester Taylor is not Jamal Lewis.

Start Onterrio and Davis.

Need 2 of the following 3 at WR:

Harrison / Wayne / Lelie

Manning is my QB, do I dare sit Wayne in favor of Lelie?

At RB, need 2 of the following 3 to go w/ Alexander:

Pittman / T. Jones / Rudi

NOTE: My league uses Huddle performance scoring (1 pt / 10 yards; 6 pts / TD; 1 pt / reception bonus for both RBs & WRs).

Thanks in advance for your advice!

Remember that discussion we had last week about RBs?

I am looking at this week, considering again Julius Jones @ Seattle on MNF, Kevin Jones vs Az, Brian Westbrook vs. GB, and Willis McGahee @ Miami

I feel like a kid in a penny candy store without enough pennies.

I like KJ's chances against Az.  I think Detroit pulls a big game with the long week to prepare.

Westbrook is starting to turn it on, and I am not thinking i want to sit him because it should be a score-fest.

That leaves me looking at McGahee vs. Jones.  Does Seattle rebound and does their D pull it together?  Does Dallas get that same HUGH boon from the extra few days?

The thought of leaving McGahee on the bench is painful, though.  He is becoming the STUD I thought he would this year, and this is a homecoming game of sorts for him.

What do you think?

585765[/snapback]

If it were up to me, I would start Julius Jones, Kevin Jones, and Willis McGahee. McGahee is HOT, and Miami's rush defense is NOT. Julius Jones will get many, many touches and should do very, very well. Kevin Jones would have done very well last week had he had more than 12 carries. But we all knew that was a distinct possibility because of the blowout factor against the Colts. They ain't getting blown out this week, so Jones will get many carries, and do very well.

Jones, Jones, and McGahee. Looks like a hit to me.

Hope Turkey Day served you well,

Thought I'd just throw this out there since haven't seen it yet.

Standard Scoring extra pts for length of TD.

Brooks v Car

Griese v Atl

Rattay v Stl

I'm leaning Griese unless you can convince me otherwise. My daughter is mad at me :D so she won't give me her pick this week. Rest of my team is easy only have 9 healthy players if you count Rattay:violin:. Just enough to field a team for the last week. Playoffs should be interesting. :D

Much Thanks for your astute observations and commentary!

I posted this as a seperate thread but I'd like to know what you think . . .

I understand that the following question is a good problem to have. This week being a make or break week for my team on whether I make the playoffs has me 2nd guessing my lineup.

I need to start 3 of the following . . .

Dillon @ CLE - no brainer - he starts

J Jones @ SEA

K Jones vs ARI

F Taylor vs PITT

I was leaning toward sitting K Jones vs ARI but then I saw the Huddles projection for him at 110 yards a 2 TD's

Do I sit Taylor vs PITT's good D? I remember him ripping the Steelers apart last year and he's been playing quite well lately.

What to do? What to do?

Which 3 would you guys start and why?

Thanks in advance.

585772[/snapback]

You said it yourself, all good options. I really don't know who to bench. They all have tremendous upside. I'm not sure how I could bench Fred Taylor for either Jones because of the matchups. :D

Throw a dart dude, I'm serious. You have stumped Hugh 0ne.

Ok Hugh, I have a few decisions this week. And I promise to listen this time. :D

RB: Which Jones Julius or Thomas (I like the Minny matchup and Sea scares me)

WR: Roy Williams or go with Crumpler @Tampa

Thanks.

585780[/snapback]

Roy Williams could/should have had 2 TD's this week. As long as Hasselbeck, now playing for his starting job, gets his head out of his arse, Williams will produce. That and TE's, unless we're talking an elite TE, are not as likely to score as #1 WR's.

Julius Jones is a better option.

Good luck.

Hey Hugh, what if I can get two first round picks, Ben Troupe and Brady for Cpep, Dilger, and my 3rd and 4th round picks?  Still a bad deal?  If I keep Cpep, I have a 50/50 shot of winning the league this year, if I trade him, the guy I trade him to will win the league.  It is a trophy league, so no money involved, just pride.

585797[/snapback]

Why would you trade Cpep. Especially now that Moss is back. Rookie picks are a crapshoot, even 1st rounders. Cpep for Brady and Troupe? Once again: :D

If you ask again you're gonna get a :D

B)

MAJOR lienup questions- and i need win!

QB: Brooks vsCAR, Collins vs KN, or Carr at NYJ

RB: J.Jones@SEA, K.Jones vs AZ, Blaylock@OAK- pick two

WR: H.Ward@JAX, T.Holt vsSF, K.Colbert @NO, Lloyd@STL, Jurevicous vs ATL- pick two

HUGH- You da Man! Hook me up. PLEASE! And thank you.

Hi Hugh,  Let's play the crappy QB shuffle this weekend:

Carr @ NYJ

Leftwich vs. PITT

Rattay @ STL

Verrrrrrry tempted to roll the bones and hope this is the week Rattay turns it on in the Dome.  Who would you start?  As always, thanks for the help.

585809[/snapback]

Yuck. That sucks.

I can see the temptation to play the matchup, but I wouldn't do it. Rattay has stunk it up, and he's banged up, and he has no confidence, ya-da, ya-da, ya-da. Bench him.

So, Carr or Lefty. :D

Both tough matchups. I think Leftwich has more upside, even against a tougher defense. He's getting healthier, the running game is doing well, and I think he'll post better numbers than Carr.

Hi Hugh.

I've been offered a trade.  I would get McNabb and Moulds for Moss and Plummer.  I need a win this week to have any chance of making the playoffs.  Whatta ya think?

My team:

QB J. Plummer

QB T. Brady

WR R. Moss

WR D. Branch

WR M. Clayton

WR An. Johnson

RB C. Martin

RB R. Droughns

RB F. Taylor

RB D. Blaylock

RB N. Goings

TE A. Crumpler

K J. Carney (NO - K) 

DEF Denver (Den - DEF)

His Team:

QB D. McNabb

WR M. Robinson

WR I. Bruce

WR E. Moulds

WR A. Boldin

RB S. Alexander

RB W. Dunn 

RB M. Faulk

RB S. Jackson

RB T. Barber

TE Da. Clark 

K J. Elam

K L. Tynes 

D New York Jets

Thanks Hugh.

585829[/snapback]

You just don't quite have the WR depth to make that move, but I still think you take that chance, because I would not want to have to rely on Plummer to take me to the promised land.

Good luck.

Post 'em. I will not pick your entire lineup.

Fire away.

585653[/snapback]

Hugh, need help on my #2 starting RB and WRs. I am thinking of riding Julius Jones again this week vs. SEA. Or do I go with Chester Taylor/Jamal Lewis whoever starts for B-more? Also, I have Horn and DJax as two of my 3 WRs, but I'm torn between Ward-Boldin-Keyshawn for the last spot. Ward just isn't getting the looks and PIT is all run these days, so do I risk starting Boldin with a rookie QB and/or start Keyshawn on Mon nite? None of these are great options so looking for help. Thanks :D

Roster below:

Bulger, Marc STL

Rattay, Tim SFO

Davis, Domanick HOU

Green, William CLE

Jackson, Steven STL

Jones, Julius DAL

Taylor, Chester BAL

Boldin, Anquan ARI WR

Horn, Joe NOS WR

Jackson, Darrell SEA

Johnson, Keyshawn DAL

Ward, Hines PIT

Clark, Dallas IND TE

Gates, Antonio SDC TE

Longwell, Ryan GBP PK

Cardinals, Arizona ARI Def

Lewis, Jamal BAL

Hugh, I am not usually someone to ask WDIS but this week I find myself in a bit of a quandry. I have C. Brown, J. Lewis, R. Droughns and J.Jones and T.J. Duckett

My league points are 6 for TD unless passing then 4, also 1 pt. per 10 yds gained.

Anyway last week with Brown and Lewis out I started Jones and was very happy with 150 and 2TD's. I am questioning though, if he will be able to keep it up this week. I am looking for any info. to say that Brown or Lewis may play or should I just start Jones and not worry about it. I could also pick up A. Smith(gasp) if I needed too. I am currently tied for 1st in the league and am playing the team tied for last, but for some reason I am just really stressing this wee.

One other question is who to start at WR - I currently am starting TO, C. Johnson and M. Clayton with B. Stokely and D. Hall on the bench. Should I bench maybe Clayton or Johnson for Stokely. Stokely seems to be either 20 pts. or 0 and the reason I have not started him is because I am afraid of getting the 0 or 1 pt from him. Obviously I start TO but Johnson has dissapointed all year and Clayton has been a pleasent surprise.

My starting team as of now:

C-Pep

Jones

Droughns

TO

CJ

Clayton

Akers

Bills

I have this sinking feeling that C-Pep is going to struggle this week at Chicago, I went and looked at the last two years and he has struggled in Chicago both years. Maybe that is why I am stressing so much for this week, if I win I guaruntee myself a playoff birth, if I lose I am fighting for my playoff life. Thanks in advance Hugh

Hey Big Hugh, how's it going buddy?  Hey I need your help this week.  I need 3 of the 4 RBs and 1 of the 2 WRs...

LT @ Den (Sounds crazy but No tds vs. Denver this yr or last)

McGahee @ Mia (No Zach Thomas)

Thomas Jones vs. Min (Great Matchup)

Pittman vs. Atl (He may not get it done on ground, but receiving is just as good)

J. Walker @ Phi

A. Johnson @ NYJ

Thanks  a lot Hugh.

585845[/snapback]

Good options. Don't bench LT. Ever.

Don't bench McGahee this week. Great matchup, and he's hot.

So, Jones or Pittman. Probably Pittman. Not crazy about either option. Both should do OK, but not great. Pittman's performance last week on the ground was not good, but there's a good chance the Vikes spank the Bears and Chicago abandons the run early, killing Jones' numbers.

Yep, LT, McGahee, and TJ.

Favre's spreading it around a lot, not good for Walker, and I was never ashigh on him as the huddle. Both have tough matchups, the Jets give up more passing TD's. I gine the nod to AJ.

What up Hugh?

Need to start 3 of the 5 RBs.  TD/Performance + 1 point per rec.

Edge vs. TEN

C Martin vs. NYJ

Mcgahee vs. MIA

Blaylock vs. OAK

J.Jones vs SEA

Blaylock is tempting, but is it a no brainer to start Edge, Martin, Mcgahee?

585865[/snapback]

McGahee, Julius Jones, and Edge.

Yep, I'd bench Martin. His old legs should be failing him shortly.

Greetings Hugh,

Same problem as every week  B)

I need to pick one of these four wideouts:

J. Smith v PIT

D. Mason @ INDY

C. Johnson @ Baltimore

R. Williams v AZ

I keep picking the guy that doesnt score, but I keep winning. Go figure. :D

Thanks Hugh!

585898[/snapback]

So, does that mean you want the guy who won't score? :D

I'd bench Williams and CJ for sure. As much as I like CJ, he's not quite a stud this year, and has a tough matchup.

Play the matchup, Mason against the Colts. Colts are second to last against the pass, Pittsburgh is 3rd best.

Yep, Derrick Mason, c'mon down.

Need 2 of the following 3 at WR:

Harrison / Wayne / Lelie

Manning is my QB, do I dare sit Wayne in favor of Lelie?

At RB, need 2 of the following 3 to go w/ Alexander:

Pittman / T. Jones / Rudi

NOTE: My league uses Huddle performance scoring (1 pt / 10 yards; 6 pts / TD; 1 pt / reception bonus for both RBs & WRs).

Thanks in advance for your advice!

585919[/snapback]

I start Harrison and Lelie. No doubt. Not a great idea to start 2 WR's on the same team unless you have no other options. Lelie is a good option.

Pittman and Rudi.

WR choices, start 3....

R.Moss

J.Porter

J.Witten

C.Chambers

P.Price

D.Bennett

R.Gardner

Thanx in advance bro... :D

585923[/snapback]

Well, I think you know that Randy gets the nod, so you'll need 2 more.

I think Bennett, because of the matchup, is a nice option this week.

The rest are all not good. I think Porter is a one week wonder, but since your other options aren't good, you can take a chance on him.