[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Free Fantasy Advice Here - Week 12

Hugh 0ne

Please Help me out here guys.  Need 2 out of the following:

M. Pittman vs. Atlanta

F. Taylor vs. Pitt

M. Faulk vs. SF

N. Goings vs. Saints

Mad Martz RBBC is killing me.  I've benched Marshall the previous two weeks (fortunately) because of the awful matchups.  Looking a little better this week, but S. Jackson is getting a lot more touches. 

So, I'm leaning toware Pittman/Taylor, but the Goings matchup vs. the Saints is very tempting.  Your thoughts and advice is very appreciated.

586699[/snapback]

Hugh, need Running back help, Please! :D

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Hugh, can sure use your help. Playoffs are on the line & this is a doubleheader week to finish the season out.

I am starting Moss & Mason. I need one out of the following WR's;

Colbert @ NO

Givens @ Cleveland

Bireleson @ Chicago

I am leaning towards Colbert.

I am starting James & need one of the following backs;

Thomas Jones vs Minn

Goings @ NO

Davenport @ Philly (if he plays)

Antowain Smith @ Indy (if he plays)

Jamal Lewis vs Cincy ( if he plays)

I am leaning towards Goings unless Lewis or Davenport is available.

What do you think?

I start 3 RB each week. My normal starting trio is Shaun, Droughns, and Westbrook.

I saw the news that S Jackson will get the start against a weak SF Defense. They have allowed the most TDs to opposing RBs all year.

With Jackson getting the starting nod, does he deserve a spot in my starting lineup?

SD is second in the league against the run. Droughns has given me good totals every week that I have started him, but he has a tough matchup this week.

So, who should my starting trio be...

Alexander, Droughns, and Westbrook

OR

Alexander, Jackson, and Westbrook

I had one person even say to bench Westbrook. He has been the highest scoring RB on my team for 2 out of the last 3 weeks. I don't know what to do. Please help.

Thanks for all of your help.

Ben

Edited by Ben-waa

Hey Hugh, which two who would you start?

Our scoring system is 1 point for every reception. 6 points for every td. And 1 point for every 10 yards of rushing or receiving.

Thomas Jones vs Vikings

Domanick Davis vs Jets

Kevin Jones vs Arizona

Blaylock vs Raiders

They all seem like ok plays. I would start KJ but he has yet to get 20 carries in a single game this season and I saw a lot of Bryson on Turkey Day. Blaylock is splitting carries with Johnson and DD has an unfavorable matchup. That leaves TJ who has no supporting cast around him. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

C-pep or Bulgar

It is hard for me to not start C-pep.

He is going against the Bears and I am afraid they will go up by 10 points and run the ball the rest of the game. The bears can't score an offensive TD to save their franchise.

Bulgar is going against SF. I think the Rams will put up points and I think the 49'ers will put up points so that the Rams will have to continue to throw the ball.

What do you think?

WDIS: Pick 2

S. Jackson vs 49ers

Droughns vs SD

Pittman vs ATL

Blaylock vs OAK

DD vs NYJ

Westbrook vs GB

DD is the only one I feel I can really feel comfortable saying he wont have as good a game as the others. Westbrook can have his td's stolen. Droughns goes against allegedly tough SD D. Stephan Jackson has sweet matchup, but how much can I trust martz to give him 18+ carries? Blaylock may/will split carries. Pittman vs tough ATL D.

I'm starting Plummer if that affects your thoughts on Droughns at all.

Thanks for the help

Edited by dante

Post 'em. I will not pick your entire lineup.

Fire away.

585653[/snapback]

Hugh, curious to see if you think it makes sense to insert SJax into my lineup in place of DD due to the matchups. Right now, I am in a RB dilemma. I have JJ and DD starting as of now, should I not overanalyze and keep these starters. Or should I shake things around, which 2 RB's would you start?

Julius Jones

Dom Davis

Chester Taylor

S.Jackson

I'm not excited about a slumping Carr playing on the road vs. the Jets. I have Palmer, but I don't want to start him against the Ravens. I can get either Bledsoe vs. Miami, or Boller vs. CIN off waivers. I know Boller choked against NE, but had been playing well until then, and now gets a soft CIN def. My gut says Boller, who will have Heap back, even if for some plays, and no J. Lewis to run all day.

Hi Hugh, if you can get to this question, thanks. I have Big Ben as a back-up but am wondering if Palmer be a better choice? Ben is good for the Steelers but not a good fantasy QB. Neither is Palmer but does he have a better chance at moderate success just in case the unthinkable happens and my starter goes South during the play-offs? Weeks 13 & 14 aren't a concern because I've made the play-offs and have a week 14 bye. Cincy has Buf & the Giants in weeks 15 & 16 while Roth has NYG & BAL during the same stretch. Thoughts?

I'm going to sneak another question in here. We are limited to a 13 player roster (including DEF/ST) in my league, so roster space is tight. Our add/drops are this week and after that a player has to be put on NFL IR before we can pick-up another one in his place. Do you thinks it's foolhearty to take a chance by going into the play-offs with only one kicker (in this case J. Brown)?

Thanks,

Crispy

Edited by Crispy

Pick 2 WR - performance scoring

Santana Moss, Jimmy Smith, Andre Johnson, Reggie Wayne, Keenen McCardell

I've been burned by Wayne so many weeks in a row it hurts, so I'm almost determined to leave him in until he gets something. I'm leaning toward Wayne and Smith.

Thanks

Ok Hugh,

You are 2-0 for me in advice so I am coming back one more time.

1pt/10yds, 6pt/TD

At RB I am starting:

Portis

DD

C Taylor

A Smith (assuming I can corroborate that Brown is not playing)

That means I need to start 1 WR from these:

A Johnson vs NYJ (Texans have been terrible away recently and NJ Def is pretty good)

Stokley vs TEN (He seems a bit hit or miss and I can't afford a miss, but TEN will give up a ton of points and Clark isn't playing)

Walker vs PHI (Eagles have been great against WR's at home but this could be a shoot-out)

Please rank the WR's in order in case I need another one to replace Smith. Are any of them worth playing over one of my RB's?

Edited by RuleBritannia

Hugh, I'm playing the matchup game this week. Interesting possibilities.

DD vs NYJ -- O Smith vs Chi -- S Jackson vs SF -- Goings vs NO.

DD has the toughest matchup but he is the most consistant of the four.

I've been waiting for the opportunity to play Jackson and he has the perfect matchup this week except Martz is coo coo and forgets that it takes a running game(which he has) to win a football game. Goings is matched up w/ one of the worst run D in the game. And finally, Smith already has had success w/Chi. Wadayathink?

Also will Horn's production dwindle this week since NO will primarily run the ball or will this open the game more for Horn?

Thanks again Hugh. Good luck this week.