[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Watch out for the Browns...

Pope Flick

Admittedly, I haven't been watching much of them but one gets the sense we've seen this before: a team that's just been rid of its coach suddenly comes out with that extra step, energy, something they have been missing all year.

Meanwhile, the best team in the league since Week 3 of last year goes on the road into a game against a team it should manhandle into ground meat.

The spider sense is tingling, take the home DAWG this week and don't be surprised if they just win one for Robiskie. :D

Steeler fans are rooting for everyone against the Pats because the Pats are entering the easiest part of their schedule and the Steelers are entering a tough stretch. Home field is going to be decided in the next couple of weeks I assume. Who ever looses will have to play Indy and no one wants to play them right now. I think the Steelers would have a hard time matching points with Indy.

New England

vs. Indianapolis 8-3

at Arizona 4-7

BYE

at Buffalo 5-6

vs. Miami 2-9

vs. Seattle 6-5 Looking less impressive every week.

vs. Jets 8-3

at Pittsburgh 10-1 Only loss, and NE was without Dillon.

at St. Louis 5-6

vs. Buffalo 5-6

at Kansas City 3-8 Without Priest Holmes.

vs. Baltimore 7-4 Without Jamal Lewis.

at Cleveland 3-8

Cincinnati 5-6

at Miami 2-9

at Jets 8-3

vs. San Francisco 1-10

Due to the NFL scheduling formula, the AFC East was trading with the AFC Central and the horrible NFC West. Overall, I would say NE has had a pretty easy schedule. They won at home vs. the only two tough teams on their schedule, Colts and Jets, and lost on their only tough road game at Pittsburgh. Four of their final games are against sub-.500 teams with a combined record of 11-33. Including the Jets, the record of their final 5 opponents is 19-36.

Pittsburgh

vs Oakland 5-7

at Baltimore 7-4 Only loss.

at Miami 2-9

vs. Cincinnati 5-6

vs. Cleveland 3-8

at Dallas 4-7

BYE

vs. New England 10-1 Without Corey Dillon.

vs. Philadelphia 10-1

at Cleveland 3-8

at Cincinnati 5-6

vs. Washington 3-8

at Jacksonville 6-5

vs. Jets 8-3

at Giants 5-6

vs. Baltimore 7-4

at Buffalo 5-6

The AFC North was trading games with the AFC East and the NFC East. The Steelers have played only three winning teams. They lost at Baltimore, and won home games against the Eagles and Patriots (who were missing Corey Dillon). We will know a lot more about Pittsburgh after the next two weeks. The combined record of Pittsburgh's remaining schedule is 31-22.

I would have to agree with jimsoxfan. I think the Patriots have the edge to the #1 seed due to their ridiculously easy schedule down the stretch. As a Colts fan, I am hoping to see Pittsburgh lose 3 more times, at Jax, vs. Jets, and vs. Balt. Or at least at Jax and vs. Balt.

Edited by CaptainHook

A Steeler fan rooting for the Browns.  What is the world coming to.

586098[/snapback]

It really isn't the same anymore. Not since Art moved them to Baltimore.

And as jimsoxfan noted, the Browns or anyone else winning won't hurt us - Pats winning does. We certainly would prefer to have the AFC Championship at Hines Field.

As much as I try to hate the Brownies, (and I really do try), it's just not like the good old days. The Browns are a kinder, gentler crew ever since Dickweed, I mean the owner of the Ravens pulled out of town.

For that reason I have no trouble recognizing that a Browns upset would be very much in favor of the Steelers who do have a tough road ahead as they head down this final stretch.

GO BROWNS!!!

Admittedly, I haven't been watching much of them but one gets the sense we've seen this before: a team that's just been rid of its coach suddenly comes out with that extra step, energy, something they have been missing all year.

Meanwhile, the best team in the league since Week 3 of last year goes on the road into a game against a team it should manhandle into ground meat.

The spider sense is tingling, take the home DAWG this week and don't be surprised if they just win one for Robiskie. :D

586064[/snapback]

Just a wild guess, but I'm going to go out on a limb and say that you don't live in Ohio. :D

I'd rather see the Browns win. Do I think it will happen? No. They are a team that has had only 1 winning season in the last 4 years, whereas NE has won 2 Super Bowls during the same timespan. The Browns just lost their coach, their starting QB is Luke McCown, and their defense just gave up 58 points to the BENGALS. NE has only lost one time, to Pitt, since last season. They do have a battered secondary, but with McCown starting, I wouldn't put to much weight on that. This just seems to be too much for Cleveland to overcome.

I'd rather see the Browns win.  Do I think it will happen?  No.  They are a team that has had only 1 winning season in the last 4 years, whereas NE has won 2 Super Bowls during the same timespan.  The Browns just lost their coach, their starting QB is Luke McCown, and their defense just gave up 58 points to the BENGALS.  NE has only lost one time, to Pitt, since last season.  They do have a battered secondary, but with McCown starting, I wouldn't put to much weight on that.  This just seems to be too much for Cleveland to overcome.

586578[/snapback]

speaking of upsets, what do you think TitansFan. I know the Titans are better than 4-7. Are they gonna be ready to play? If so, what do ya think, will they give the Colts a game?

I love predictions like this and this is not knock as I like to throw these out on occasion.

The Browns win and I'm the genius who said it would happen. They lose as they should and my response to "Hey man, what happened to the Browns" is "They're awful aren't they. I knew they wouldn't win. I just thought I'd stir the pot a little." :D

i'll give you the points or i will give you the moneyline odds if you like pope.  let me know if you'd like to wager something.  i'll find out the exact moneyline odds but i would expect it to be at least 2.5 to 1.

586222[/snapback]

I'd like to know what they are....

Never happen. I would definitely love love love it if Luke actually pans out (over time) to be our starter. Then the Browns with Luke and Steelers with Ben would be once again exciting to watch...