[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

trade advice - trying to get Culpepper

rsureck

MY QBs are Plummer and Palmer. I play 1. MY RBs are Westbrook, J. Jones, F. Taylor, wheatley and Duckett. I play 2.

Pts - 4 for passing td and 6 for rushing/receiving. 1pt per 20yds passing, 5 completions, 10 rushing/receiving yards and 10 carries.

I am leading the league right now and I want to position myself for the playoffs. Adding Culpepper will do that, but would I give up too much to give Plummer plus either F. Taylor or J. Jones. Since I only play 2 I would be okay unless there is an injury. I am leaning towards giving Taylor, but Del Rio comes out today and says that he wants to give taylor 25-30 carries a game now.

Any thoughts?

Yes you are giving up too much for Culpepper. You are not deep enough at RB (IMO) to do tat deal. Plummer isn't a stud but he's doing well. And Westbrook has been hurt, JJ, has been hurt, and Taylor rarely goes a season without an injury. Ducket doesn't get enough carries and Wheatley is, well, Wheatley. If you're leading your league, you are doing something right. If it ain't broke...

If you are confident that you can win in the playoffs without picking up CPep, stand pat.

If you are confident that you can't win in the playoffs without picking up CPep, make the trade.

Offering Taylor may be your best bet, as it may be the only thing that closes the trade. Plus, Jones has been getting 30+ carries the last two games, and he actually might score a TD.

I don't want to say "do it," because it is a risk (due to your now thin RB corps). However, I made a similar trade (Taylor + Clayton for Holt) with JJones and Edge as my only other real RB's because I felt I needed the upgrade to win it all. I just felt that I'd rather take a risk and get Holt into my lineup than to let points (JJones) rot on the bench. We'll see how it pans out.