[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Strategic low-key Keepers...

juggs

We have to identify our keepers in January and our last week for FA pickup is this week.

Most of the top-tier players are either on a team, or their contract expire (can't be protected) and will be going back into our draft next year.

There are a couple of sleepers that no one has on their roster due to injury or lack of performance. I have thought about protecting, but don't want to waste my protections. Anyone have any thoughts on:

Michael Bennett (with Smith starting, will Bennett be the backup or a stud for another team? Certianly MN will trade Bennett or Moore...right?)

Mewelde Moore (with Smith starting, will Moore be the backup or a stud for another team? Certianly MN will trade Bennett or Moore...right?)

David Boston (surely Miami will have a QB with a new coach next year???)

Lee Suggs (just hasn't performed this year - will he get another year?)

Edited by juggs

This is a tough one, but I guess I would take a chance with Suggs. He is clearly the most talented RB in Cleveland, and the new coach next year (whoever it is) may abandon the RBBC that has plagued Suggs. If he gets a chance to be a full time starter he could be a stud.

As for the Min RB's, I don't see any change in the way the offense has been conducted (they've been pretty successful the past few years). It's possible, but unpredictable.

Boston is also a volatile situation, and frankly, until he proves something, he will be nothing more than a sleeper next year.

Take a chance with Suggs.