[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Commish Help

kryptonite

League started in 1993. Was a re-draft up unitl '97 when we voted to keep 2 players. In '99 we kept a starting line-up and have been like that since. Owners trade away draft picks, players, and points (used for bidding on FA) for the next season.

Eight owners have declared that they would like to re-draft in '05, shuffle the deck and start fresh. Two other owners do not agree. These two have deals already made for the 2005 season. "I would not have traded so-and-so if I knew that we were going to re-draft in '05." Teams have been busy building for next season.

We thought of having two or three owners evaluate the trades for next season and declare their value for 2005, IE. the first round of our keeper draft, keeping a full line-up, is like drafting a 6th to 10th round player. So neutral owners can help evaluate what is fair compensation for the next season.

Question is, as a commish, do you allow this to take place in 2005 or in 2006, thus giving everyone fair warning?

Going forward, we would write in our rules that every 5 years we would push the re-set button, just to keep things fresh.

Comments?

Thanks.

:D

I would not allow a re draft for next season, push it to 2006 so everyone can prepare accordingly, even if it's a majority decision now, it would be very unfair to those who have prepared for next season's draft.

587217[/snapback]

I agree 100%

I would not allow a re draft for next season, push it to 2006 so everyone can prepare accordingly, even if it's a majority decision now, it would be very unfair to those who have prepared for next season's draft.

587217[/snapback]

Wait until 2006.

I don't know what else needs to be said here. All rule changes in my local are brought up at the end of each fantasy year at the party, and are voted on before any drafting takes place before a year.

In this case, the fair thing to do is to press your re-set button for 2006, only because you have owners that have begun their strategy for 2005.

If the majority were in the process of getting killed next season by these two overly powerful teams (?)...there is a middle ground: keep this league going like it is for next season, and begin a "fresh" league with the same owners next season as well (then drop the old league beginning 2006).

While this is lame, and nobody wants to track two teams - especially against the exact same people... that's the only alternative that came to mind.

Or, maybe agree to give those owners who made deals a compensatory draft choice (extra #3 pick, extra auction $, or something like that).

Other than that, I agree with all these other posts ~ it really should wait if everybody isn't on-board with changes.

Wait until 2006.

587265[/snapback]

I think this is the best approach -- but you may lose other owners (who have lost interest in the current format) in an effort to keep the two who have "traded ahead". I think you risk disgruntlement any time you make a change of this magnitude and so, out of stronger respect for "lets play this as planned" over "I'm bored with my sucky guys", I waive my flag from atop the 2006 bandwagon... :D

I have nothing else to add here expect to say that I have nothing else to add.

589038[/snapback]

Which in itself, adds. I still think 2006 is the right answer ... but I may have forgotten the question. Oh, yeah. Redraft ...

Have you decided what to do yet?

We wanted to implement a sort of a re-set, so last year, we implemented a 3 year contract rule. Every three years a player would have to be tossed back into the pile.

It was retroactive for that year... so this year is the third year.

We still do 2 keepers, but there is a bit of that reset element in there.