[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Number crunching ...

Grits and Shins

This is my 13th year in my local league. I have finally completed a historical analysis of our league history.

There is one other owner with 13 years tenure, one with 12 years, two with 11 years, one with 8 years, one with 5 years, one with 3 years, three with 2 years and one first timer.

I have the best regular season percentage at .567. The other guy with 13 years is right behind me with .544. But he has won TWICE as much money has I have :D We have both won our divisions 4 times and won the wild card 4 times ... and of the owners with more than 10 years we have the best success at making the playoffs with a success rate of 61.54%. The 8 year owner has made the playoffs 75% of the time and one of the 2 year owners has won his division both years.

Several years I was 1 and done in the playoffs and that hurt. I am 6-6 in the playoffs the other 13 year guy is 15-6. I've been to 2 superbowls winning 1. He has been to SIX superbowls winning THREE. :eek: In addition my superbowl win came in 1995 and our fees have escalated since then meaning that a SB win now is worth more money.

More later.

I can now tell you the following information about your team if you were in my league:

What division you were in every year.

What your final regular season record was every year.

How many points you scored in a particular year.

Where you finished in a particular year.

How much money you made in a particular and how you earned it.

How many division titles you have.

How many times you made the playoffs as a wild card.

Your playoff record.

etc

I have also earned $445 over 9 of those 13 years in commissioner salary (obviously this money is not counted as "winnings"). 1995 and 1996 I took off and 2 other owners earned the commissioner salary those years. The commissioner salary has always been equivalent to the current entry fee.

I'm in the process of putting a record book together for my local which has been going for 6 years. It does take awhile, but I want to get it done before our year end awards ceremony this year. I hold most of the scoring records, but not a single super bowl title in this league. :D

I can now tell you the following information about your team if you were in my league:

Your playoff record.

etc

I have also earned $445 over 9 of those 13 years in commissioner salary (obviously this money is not counted as "winnings").  1995 and 1996 I took off and 2 other owners earned the commissioner salary those years.  The commissioner salary has always been equivalent to the current entry fee.

587761[/snapback]

Very impressive! :D

Alright, you've done it now!! I'm feeling guilty enough that I'm going to start updating our league's record book. I've put it off long enough! :D

Your playoff record.

587761[/snapback]

My record book has that, with the exception of earnings, but I could figure that out.

One thing not listed that I have kept track of: head to head in a team vs team breakdown. What is your particular head to head record against each team in the league? I've got 12 pages (1 per team) in a format based on how the NFL Record and Fact Book does it.

I also keep track of:

each draft year by year

10 highest scores ever

10 lowest scores ever

highest combined score game

lowest combined score game

an 'I Got Rocked' list which is a 40+ point defeat.

many more to list......

Our league is in it's 8th year, 7th head to head, with no ownership changes the last 5 years.

My record book has that, with the exception of earnings, but I could figure that out.

One thing not listed that I have kept track of: head to head in a team vs team breakdown. What is your particular head to head record against each team in the league? I've got 12 pages (1 per team) in a format based on how the NFL Record and Fact Book does it.

I also keep track of:

each draft year by year

10 highest scores ever

10 lowest scores ever

highest combined score game

lowest combined score game

an 'I Got Rocked' list which is a 40+ point defeat.

many more to list......

Our league is in it's 8th year, 7th head to head, with no ownership changes the last 5 years.

588086[/snapback]

I started to compile the H2H thing ... but it's a monumentous task and every time I get started it overwhelms me.

Every year we award money to the team that had the highest score so we track that to. We also award money to the team that had the biggest victory margin.

My local is in it's 9th year. There are 5 guys who've been in it every year and another who was in it at the start, took some years off and is now back for the last few.

Some curious stats.

Only 3 guys have won it all (one guy 4 times, me 3 times, another once). I am the only guy who's made the playoffs every year (top 4 out of 8 teams). I'm also quick to add (when talking sht among the other guys) the only other person to make it every year he played was my father who played the first year only. It appears the streak will stay alive as I have calculated my chances of qualifying this year at 99.7% (basically I have to lose out, 3 guys need to win out and another must go exactly 1-1 but in a particular order).

The next best in terms of making the playoffs is a guy who's never won the thing.

That's pretty much all I can gather.

I started to compile the H2H thing ... but it's a monumentous task and every time I get started it overwhelms me.

588150[/snapback]

It's so worth it. Once you fine tune a crunching system that works for you just keep poking at it.

I created a 2 workbook excel spreadsheet and am slowly interlinking sheets so you enter scores on the master list and tehy are sprinkled into the right spots.

Here's a "shortcut:" do it for your team first, all the way back. Then do it for the next longest serving team (Team 2), and plug in your results when it gets to You vs Team2. For the 3rd team you do it for, you only need look at his record vs 9 others, as you and team 2 are already done vs Team 3. Once you finish 4 full teams (go with the longest playing) your work is halfway done. (11+10+9+8) vs (7+6+5+4+3+2+1) because you really only breakdown 11 teams as by the time you get to Team 12 you are already done.

It's so worth it. Once you fine tune a crunching system that works for you just keep poking at it.

I created a 2 workbook excel spreadsheet and am slowly interlinking sheets so you enter scores on the master list and tehy are sprinkled into the right spots.

Here's a "shortcut:" do it for your team first, all the way back. Then do it for the next longest serving team (Team 2), and plug in your results when it gets to You vs Team2. For the 3rd team you do it for, you only need look at his record vs 9 others, as you and team 2 are already done vs Team 3. Once you finish 4 full teams (go with the longest playing) your work is halfway done. (11+10+9+8) vs (7+6+5+4+3+2+1) because you really only breakdown 11 teams as by the time you get to Team 12 you are already done.

588371[/snapback]

I might could get back to 1996 or so ... but I don't believe I even have the documentation for before that anymore, unfortunately.