[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Urlacher should play vs. Vikes

Urlacher practices: should play

Bears: Urlacher practices, should playby Fanball Staff - Fanball.comThursday, December 2, 2004NewsLinebacker Brian Urlacher returned to practice Wednesday, 12 days after being released from the hospital following surgery on his left leg. He is listed as questionable for Sunday's game against the Vikings, but unless he suffers a setback in practice he is expected to start.ViewsUrlacher's presence will go a long way towards helping the Bears contain Onterrio Smith, who has rushed for 241 yards in his last two games against Chicago.Updated on Thursday, Dec 2, 2004 5:07 pm EST

Good news all over in Chicago this week:

1. Krenzel is out on injury

2. Lovie's given up on the "Quinn Experiment"

3. Our field general is back

4. Peanut is back

Even though CPep has his boy-toy (Moss) back, I'm going to go ahead and predict the Bears' upset over the Vikes this week.

Urlacher is most over rated player in the NFL.

588237[/snapback]

You chose to ignore Gilthorp and his "ignorance" and yet this is one of the issues that Gilthorp is most passionate about. You may want to think twice before you post something that exemplifies the passions of which you share with Gil. :D

You chose to ignore Gilthorp and his "ignorance" and yet this is one of the issues that Gilthorp is most passionate about.  You may want to think twice before you post something that exemplifies the passions of which you share with Gil. :D

588253[/snapback]

UIG, leave me out of this.

He's the most over rated player on the Bears, I don't know about the entire NFL. :D

UIG, leave me out of this.

He's the most over rated player on the Bears, I don't know about the entire NFL. :D

588257[/snapback]

Doesn't David Terrell still play for the Bears? Knew it wouldn't take you long to pipe in. :D

Doesn't David Terrell still play for the Bears?  Knew it wouldn't take you long to pipe in. :D

588259[/snapback]

Terrell isn't over-rated...he flat out sucks.

Ogunleye may be the most over rated when it's all said and done, but right now #54 gets that label.

Don't mean to dis your boy, and I'm sure you'll look to twist my words. :D

Urlacher practices: should play

Bears: Urlacher practices, should playby Fanball Staff - Fanball.comThursday, December 2, 2004NewsLinebacker Brian Urlacher returned to practice Wednesday, 12 days after being released from the hospital following surgery on his left leg. He is listed as questionable for Sunday's game against the Vikings, but unless he suffers a setback in practice he is expected to start.ViewsUrlacher's presence will go a long way towards helping the Bears contain Onterrio Smith, who has rushed for 241 yards in his last two games against Chicago.Updated on Thursday, Dec 2, 2004 5:07 pm EST

Good news all over in Chicago this week:

1. Krenzel is out on injury

2. Lovie's given up on the "Quinn Experiment"

3. Our field general is back

4. Peanut is back

Even though CPep has his boy-toy (Moss) back, I'm going to go ahead and predict the Bears' upset over the Vikes this week.

588160[/snapback]

The Bad News:

1. Chad Hutchinson is the QB.

2. The rest of the Bears players are still there.

Ditto

588255[/snapback]

Yep.

UIG, other news you should be aware of for this weekend is:

Tillman gets the start at one CB, Azumah at the other, and McQ is going to be playing a lot of FS. Minimally, the scheme they had where McQ shadowed Moss in the last game won't be the reason if they fail. Vasher will stay as their primary nickle.

Sounds like Azumah and Tillman will man each side and let the chips fall where they may.

UIG, other news you should be aware of for this weekend is:

Tillman gets the start at one CB, Azumah at the other, and McQ is going to be playing a lot of FS. Minimally, the scheme they had where McQ shadowed Moss in the last game won't be the reason if they fail. Vasher will stay as their primary nickle.

Sounds like Azumah and Tillman will man each side and let the chips fall where they may.

588332[/snapback]

I am thrilled to have Peanut back. I'm excited to see if he is back to full health and form this Sunday. Now, if only we wouldn't have lost Brown...

It may not matter. From the sounds of the local rag today, he's not hopeful he'll get on the field this weekend.

By David Haugh

Tribune staff reporter

December 2, 2004, 10:32 PM CST

From the middle of Brian Urlacher's left ankle to his lower calf stretches an eight-inch scar still containing some sutures from surgery almost three weeks ago.

The Bears middle linebacker pulled up his pant leg Thursday to reveal the surgical handiwork, a visible reminder of his sudden vulnerability.

"It looks a lot better than it did," he said of the incision.

But looks can be deceiving, Urlacher cautioned in his first public comments since being released from the hospital two weeks ago Friday.

Urlacher practiced Thursday for the second straight day with a protective soft cast but sounded anything but sure about his status for Sunday's game against the Minnesota Vikings.

"I don't think I'm healed yet," Urlacher said.

The injury report confirms that because Urlacher is listed as questionable, but more than one teammate predicted he will play if he can function as well as he has at practice.

"I really don't know," Urlacher said. "Next week is pretty much for sure, but I don't really know about Sunday."

Check out the topic I posted regarding articles from the Minnesota papers on the Vikes/Bears game this week.

Rule #1 Don't ever make Randy Moss upset. Haven't they learned that by now?

I've always said that the Vikings will have trouble with the Bears at Chicago. I don't think that anymore.

he is a beast in NFL terms as well. 7-10 tackles per game is not enough???

(this is a fantasy football site...right?) :D

589386[/snapback]

Correct. But this is the Pro Football forum, which is more about real NFL issues, althought fantasy does factor in.

As for Urlacher, the point is that he's not the game changing, dominant force that some have portrayed him as. Earl Holmes, Mike Peterson, and London Fletcher also put up lots of tackles, yet, in NFL tems, they don't have the same hype surrounding them. I don't play in any IDP leagues, but I'd venture a guess that they're just as valuable this year as Urlacher. Chicago has always prided itself as a blue-collar, no nonsense team, something that Urlacher immediately fit into when he as drafted. The year that the Bears were actually good (13-3), Urlacher had Ted Washington and some other fat guy clogging up the middle, allowing Urlacher to run sideline to sideline and make tackles. Now, with no dominant middle presence, Urlacher struggles because he's somewhat undersized and doesn't shed tackles well.

Is he a good player? Sure. Top 5 at his position? No.

Urlacher had Ted Washington and some other fat guy clogging up the middle, allowing Urlacher to run sideline to sideline and make tackles.  Now, with no dominant middle presence, Urlacher struggles because he's somewhat undersized and doesn't shed tackles well.

589561[/snapback]

You forgot that Urlacher earned Defensive ROTY and a trip to the Pro Bowl the year before Washington and Traylor were there. Or perhaps you just didn't know that.