[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dallas Clark/Brandon Stokley owners

CaptainHook

Of course having either of these two guys is maddening. If the Colts decide to use their 2 TE sets, Dallas will probably have a good game. If the Colts decide to use their 3 WR sets, Brandon Stokley will probably have a good game. The key is knowing which they plan to use.

Week 2 at Tennessee

Brandon Stokley did not have a good game. 2 catches 27 yards.

If I remember correctly, Dallas was dinged up, and did not play much. 0 catches.

The Colts usually look at the DB and LB situations of their opponent to decide which offensive formation they will choose. The Titans are very banged up in the secondary and at linebacker. I honestly think the Colts would probably use their 2 TE sets against the Titans. However, news was today that Dallas Clark hurt his calf in practice on Wednesday. He is listed as questionable on the injury report. I will keep this post updated, but if he is not at full speed, I would expect the Colts to feature their 3 WR sets this weekend. Brandon Stokley should be a good start this week, as he will have plenty of opportunities.

Furthermore:

Brandon Stokley has had 3 multiple TD games. All have been on an artificial surface:

vs. Green Bay 8-110-2 TD

vs. Houston 5-132-2 TD

at Detroit 5-57- 3 TD

Brandon Stokley's other games on artificial turf:

vs. Oakland 3-41

vs. Jacksonville 7-112

vs. Minnesota 2-34

He has had two "good" game on grass:

at New England 4-77-1 TD

at Jacksonville 8-97

He has had three "bad" games on grass:

at Tennessee 2-27

at Kansas City 2-35

at Chicago 1-7

Dallas Clark did not have much production in the first 5 games of the season. In the season opener at New England, he caught one pass for 64 yards. He also dropped a TD pass, and failed to block Willie McGinest on the game ending sack. I think he was in the doghouse after that, 'cause he didn't catch a pass for 3 weeks after that. After that point:

Dallas Clark at home:

vs. Oakland 1-4-1 TD

vs. Jacksonville 3-36-1 TD

vs. Minnesota 3-38-1 TD

vs. Houston 3-102-2 TD

Dallas Clark on the road:

at Kansas City 3-88

at Chicago 3-19

at Detroit 1-6

In only 3 games have they both produced in the same game:

at New England- Stokley 4-77-1 TD; Clark 1-64

vs. Jacksonville- Stokley 7-112; Clark 3-36-1 TD

vs. Houston- Stokley 5-132-2 TD; Clark 3-102-1 TD

In only 2 games have they both NOT produced in the same game:

at Tennessee- Stokley 2-27; Clark 0-0

at Chicago- Stokley 1-7; Clark 3-19

In the other six games it was either Stokley OR Clark who had a good game.

Edited by CaptainHook

I am getting incredibly sick of people labeling Dallas Clark "a #2 TE" without seemingly watching an Indy game. The guy very rarely leaves the field. When they need a FB, he plays FB, when they need 2 tights, he plays TE, when they go 4-wides, he plays WR. MOST of the time that there is one TE, it is him, NOT Pollard, unless in pretty obvious running situations, which dont' occur that often when 3rd down and 2 is an easy passing down.

at New England (grass) Stokley 4-77-1 TD; Clark 1-64

at Tennessee (grass) Stokley 2-27; Clark 0-0

vs. Green Bay (AstroTurf) Stokley 8-110-2 TD; Clark 0-0

at Jacksonville (grass) Stokley 8-97; Clark 0-0

vs. Oakland (AstroTurf) Stokley 3-41; Clark 1-4-1 TD

BYE

vs. Jacksonville (AstroTurf) Stokley 7-112; Clark 3-36-1 TD

at Kansas City (grass) Stokley 2-35; Clark 3-88

vs. Minnesota (AstroTurf) Stokley 2-34; Clark 3-38-1 TD

vs. Houston (AstroTurf) Stokley 5-132-2 TD; Clark 3-102-2 TD

at Chicago (grass) Stokley 1-7; Clark 3-19

at Detroit (FieldTurf) Stokley 5-57-3 TD; Clark 1-6

Nice work, I play the guy with Harrison and Stokely this weekend. I have Harrison and Daunte. He also has Mason and I have Drew Bennett. It will be a shootout but this breakdown appears to help w/ Stokely but the injury to Clark's calf does nto bode well.

I am getting incredibly sick of people labeling Dallas Clark "a #2 TE" without seemingly watching an Indy game.  The guy very rarely leaves the field.  When they need a FB, he plays FB, when they need 2 tights, he plays TE, when they go 4-wides, he plays WR.  MOST of the time that there is one TE, it is him, NOT Pollard, unless in pretty obvious running situations, which dont' occur that often when 3rd down and 2 is an easy passing down.

588498[/snapback]

I agree with most of what you said. When the Colts need a FB in third and short it is usually James Mungro. Lately, if the Colts go to 3 WR/1 TE, you are right. It has been Clark. Earlier in the season, Pollard was the TE on the field in the 3 WR formations. When Peyton goes to shotgun with 2 backs, Clark and James are the two back there. When the Colts go 4 wide, it can be either Pollard or Clark. This week however, Troy Walter returns from a broken arm he suffered in the preseason. He is the fourth WR. However, when the Colts go 4-wide, I'm sure a TE will still be in there.

Here's an interesting tidbit... in home games versus divisional rivals, both Stokley and Clark have done well:

vs. Jacksonville: Stokley 7-112; Clark 3-36-1 TD

vs. Houston: Stokley 5-132-2 TD; Clark 3-102-2 TD

So, with another home game versus a divisional rival this weekend, maybe both Stokley AND Clark are worth playing...

Looks like Dallas Clark WILL NOT play. Colts are still saying game-time decision.

Clark missed practice for a second consecutive day Friday after straining his calf in practice Wednesday and Dungy called him “really questionable.”

“My sense is we’ll probably hold him down,” Dungy said.

link

Looks like lots of 3 WR sets. Brandon Stokley should be a good start.

Marcus Pollard should see all the TE work too.

Edited by CaptainHook

Looks like Dallas Clark WILL NOT play.  Colts are still saying game-time decision.

Clark missed practice for a second consecutive day Friday after straining his calf in practice Wednesday and Dungy called him “really questionable.”

Looks like lots of 3 WR sets.  Brandon Stokley should be a good start.

Marcus Pollard should see all the TE work too.

590398[/snapback]

Dallas Clark was inactive.

Brandon Stokley 8 catches 153 yards 1 TD

Marcus Pollard 3 catches 39 yards, and one dropped WIDE-OPEN TD.

Edited by CaptainHook