[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How do "pay" sites search for their "breakinginfo?

Marauders11

....I wonder what sites that charge FF guys like us to access thier information do in terms of looking for "Breaking News" in the FF world? Do they have interns scouring the internet? Do they snoop around competitors' message boards, web sites, etc. and then go and try to verify the rumblings that they find?

After today's Priest Holmes "message" was posted here (by yours truly) this AM I've been all around to various sites that I subscribe to- doing my usual Thursday fact finding, line-up decisons, etc. and today I took special notice to how/when those sites had the Priest story presented- and I have to say I haven't found a single one that posted the story before I did.

Just wondering how dilligently some of these guys are out there getting us information, when an average joe like me stumbles onto a big story such as that before any of them do? Makes me ponder just how much copy catting is actually going on out there....."MY GREAT WEB SITE HAS JUST DISCOVERED THAT PRIEST HOLMES....."

Things that make you go hmmmmmmmm?

Impressed by yourself huh?

588817[/snapback]

Not at all (well maybe a little)- but seriously there are sites that charge $40-$50 whatever for their information and once a post like that goes up on a message board one place it spreads like wildfire to all of the others- this makes sense to me since a lot of us frequent multiple FF sites, but it cracks me up when you see those same sites claim their "BREAKING NEWS" stories-

"FFTools.com has just learned blah blah blah....we're out there workin' hard for you as usual- that's why you shopuld come back next year and give us your money".

Not at all (well maybe a little)- but seriously there are sites that charge $40-$50 whatever for their information and once a post like that goes up on a message board one place it spreads like wildfire to all of the others- this makes sense to me since a lot of us frequent multiple FF sites, but it cracks me up when you see those same sites claim their "BREAKING NEWS" stories-

"FFTools.com has just learned blah blah blah....we're out there workin' hard for you as usual- that's why you shopuld come back next year and give us your money".

588825[/snapback]

You are the hardest working guy in Fantasy Footall, You should have stayed with your major in school.

PS That's why we should have stuck to our plan remember?

Edited by NSab

588825[/snapback]

For the most part, I agree with your main premise. There is no rocket science here and most of the sports writers, web sites, and national outlets are simply repeating a story a local beat writer or another national outlet first reported.

Fantasy Football information is not rocket science, as any experienced player can produce quality content, compile statistics, and make predictions based on supporting statistical data.

The main reason I subscribe to this site is to obtain all the information I need from one central repository. The huddle does a nice job of providing all the information I desired when I was introduced to it in 2001 and presenting that information in a clean, coherent, user-friendly manner.

No offense to anyone intended, but I don't pay for anyone's advice or "expertise".

Unless your name is the CoyoteKid at the fantasyguru he already beat you to it.

588824[/snapback]

I am a GURU subscriber, just checked-"Coyote Kid" posted the same thing I did- a half hour later.....

That's not what I am talking about anyway, so maybe I presented it wrong.

There are a couple of respectable FF sites (The Huddle being one) that do a great job, and there a thousand others that seem to do nothing but regurgitate information from other places and pawn that off as thier own.

That's all I am saying- I find it amusing the way some of these services do nothing but piggy back off the others (like The Huddle, Guru,etc.)...

I apologize if my original post was misconstrued as a big pat on the back for me-it's not.

Without naming names, what actually sparked this thread was that I was checking a few other message boards and on one in particular someone posted something something along the lines of "Did I hear right? Priest Holmes is out for the season"- and one of the replies came from one of the site's "owners" stating (and paraphrasing) that "we covered this extensively in our breaking news section this AM, check it out - we'll continue to monitor the situation for you as it develops"-the funny thing is that their breaking news was like an hour behind our Huddle Board discussions. Sorry I found it humerous.

That's why we hang at the Huddle, info is shared here usually before it even hits somewhere else. Oh and ignore Only in America, he is a tool.

Edited by NSab

For the most part, I agree with your main premise.  There is no rocket science here and most of the sports writers, web sites, and national outlets are simply repeating a story a local beat writer or another national outlet first reported. 

Fantasy Football information is not rocket science, as any experienced player can produce quality content, compile statistics, and make predictions based on supporting statistical data. 

The main reason I subscribe to this site is to obtain all the information I need from one central repository.  The huddle does a nice job of providing all the information I desired when I was introduced to it in 2001 and presenting that information in a clean, coherent, user-friendly manner.

No offense to anyone intended, but I don't pay for anyone's advice or "expertise".

588835[/snapback]

Well said- it's always good to get other people's opinions. A good sounding board can never hurt- and when pressed for time having info. like this in one spot is great- that's exactly why I DO subscibe to site's like the Guru. etc. That being said some of these "pay" site are just a joke IMO.

That's why we hang at the Huddle, info is shared here usually before it even hits somewhere else. Oh and ignore Only in America, he is a tool.

588844[/snapback]

Seems like it- he tried to facial me, but had his information wrong about "The Coyote KId"- Maraduers are always quicker to the draw than that :D

Only In America Post 12/2/04 11:26pm

Huddler Pro

Group: Members

You have chosen to ignore Only In America. View this post · Squeeze me a little harder Only In America

Your a liar I'm the CoyoteKiD and I beat you to it. Ah, the mirthless laugh of the ***ed. Hold your nose , we're going in.

588860[/snapback]

BRING IT :D :

Priest is DONE for 2004!, From his own Web Site.

Track this topic | Email this topic | Print this topic

Marauders11

post 12/2/04 09:48am

Post #1

Huddler

Member No.: 2,978

Can this be interpreted any other way than that he is OUT for the remainder of 2004?

Priest's Web Site

CoyoteKid

Member # 5381

Member Rated:

2 Icon 1 posted December 02, 2004 10:27 AM Profile for CoyoteKid Send New Private Message Edit/Delete Post Reply With Quote I know you all have been waiting patiently for this news, so here it is, only to confirm once again, news I shared a long time ago.

Read Full Article at http://www.31teampriest.com

BRING IT  :D :

Priest is DONE for 2004!, From his own Web Site.

Track this topic | Email this topic | Print this topic

Marauders11 

post 12/2/04 09:48am

Post #1

Huddler

Member No.: 2,978

Can this be interpreted any other way than that he is OUT for the remainder of 2004?

Priest's Web Site

CoyoteKid

Member # 5381

Member Rated:

2  Icon 1 posted December 02, 2004 10:27 AM     Profile for CoyoteKid    Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote  I know you all have been waiting patiently for this news, so here it is, only to confirm once again, news I shared a long time ago.

Read Full Article at http://www.31teampriest.com

588863[/snapback]

CoyoteKid

Member # 5381 :D

Marauders:

Please do not feed the idiots.

Nice job on the Priest Holmes deal. I've suspected it for quite a while. Especially after I heard it was similar to an injury he suffered in Baltimore that kept him out the rest of the year then too. Bigger question: Does Priest Holmes retire now? I say yes. . .

Only In America 12/3/04 01:15am Post #20

Huddler Pro

Member No.: 5,914

QUOTE(Gak Attack @ 12/3/04 12:10am)

Look lady, you need to pull yourself together.

--------------------

I choose to ignore ignorance such as Gilthorp, Nsab & Grits and Shins. As you know, these are open forums, you're able to come and listen to what I have to say.

:D:DB)