[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Most disappointing WR for 2004

pedroz13

There are a number of them ....here are some that come to mind :

L. Coles -- Paid big money to be the man in Washington , decent year last year , having a horrible year

Koren Robinson - doesn't really count , he was garbage last year when he was hyped up.

Toomer -- Dropping balls and doesn't seem to have anything left this year.

S. Moss -- I can't really put in here because he wasn't high on my list , too small to be a #1 WR.

Peerless Price -- Again , paid big money to be the man, and last year he had an excuse in that Vick was out most the year. This year....no excuse. And don't tell me its because of Vick , because Alge Crumpler gets open and Vick finds him. Worthless Price isn't ready to be the #1 , he just had ONE GREAT YEAR in Buffalo.

Hines Ward probably makes this list as well ....and I'm sure many others.

Just venting on some WR's.....a few of which I drafted.

:D

Anyone else ?

Steve Smith was a tough one to lose. :D

588948[/snapback]

Yep. He was my 1st Wr picked -- return yards count ... The list is long this year and has been pretty well captured ... even guys who are actually having semi-decent years are disappointments to those who thought they'd be huge ...

HWard (but they're winning so who cares)

CJ (pepto, anyone?)

SMoss (nice catch last week, however ...)

LColes

THolt

JPorter (nice game last week, however ...)

ROYWilliams (after a fast start ...)

and maybe ...

ABoldin (due to a slow return ...)

I know some may disagree with claiming this is a HUGH disappointment, but I did not trade for Randy Moss to have 5 weeks of zero stats and sit at 19th in my leagues WR rankings.

589018[/snapback]

Good point sky. Especially for teams who drafted him in the late 1st or early 2nd and depended on him to be a steady point getter for their team.

I had C. Johnson as one of my keepers this year in BOTNH. I was worried that the QB change would affect him but I took a shot anyway. Waste.

These are all good canidates. Maybe we should compile a list of WR's who did not dissapoint.

589054[/snapback]

Tough one there.

TO probably tops out, but he's had a few weak games. Mason comes to mind as perhaps the most consistent.

The TE position seems more consistent than WR right now :D

People are giving Chad Johnson too hard a time. The TDs may be down by a couple, but the yardage is definately there. His yardage is 5th in the league and #1 in the AFC. Chad may not be keeping pace with last year's TDs, but I don't think he's a dissapointment.

Santana Moss is the most dissapointing IMO. I really thought that 3rd year breakout meant good things ahead. I was soooo bummed on draft day when someone grabbed him 2 pots ahead of me in round 4. LOL, should have thanked them.

Edited by The Irish Doggy

These are all good canidates. Maybe we should compile a list of WR's who did not dissapoint.

589054[/snapback]

That is 100% true. Just about every WR you can knock except for TO. R.Moss injury, Harrision way too up and down. Ward sux, Andre Johnson, where did you go? Ch Johnson 2 TDs? S. Moss, sux, Coles sux. i can go on and on for every one but TO. This has been a QB and RB year and especially a TE year. Not a normal year, and this is only going to seperate the men from the boyz in next years draft.

Biggest disappointment hands down has to be Coles. We knew CJ was going to have a rookie throwing to him. We figured at some point Toomer was going to have a rookie throwing to him. I for one figures that S. Moss was just a flash in the pan. You had to figure at some point Ward would have rookie throwing to him. Moulds is a true disappointment, but nowhere near as bad as Coles.

That is 100% true. Just about every WR you can knock except for TO. R.Moss injury, Harrision way too up and down.

589145[/snapback]

Harrison has had a couple lean days too. I remember his 2-22 day - and Indy scored 49 points :D

Anytime you have a high draft on the bench due to injury = disappointment. Thats Moss.

My entire receiver corp. An I thought that after years of having lousy WRs this year I had broke the trend:

1. Hinds Ward

2. Roy Williams

3. Darrell Jackson

4. Santana Moss

589282[/snapback]

I started my season with these guys:

1. Hines Ward

2. Chad Johnson

3. Koren Robinson

I've added & dropped Curry & Colbert and dropped KRob. I have since added Porter (this week) and Boldin (the week of his return). To make matters worse I put way too much faith in Pennington & have since dropped him for Carr and have had to mire thru the injuries of Thomas Jones & to a lesser extent Tomlinson as well as the ineffectiveness of Barlow and the TD whoring of Manning from Edge. My only real bright spot this season has been the replacement of Barlow with Willis McGahee.

Holy smokes! The people listed above look like my whole receiving crew, minus other big disappointments I'm also carrying.

Hard to pick a #1 from all of these hangnails...but if we're talking about a non-injured player who has started almost every game this season, my vote goes to S. Moss followed closely by Toomer and Price

Reggie Wayne has got to be #1 surpise upsider...