[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Maurice Hicks: No Player Projections?

Lonestar39

I keep looking at the SF player projections but there is no Maurice Hicks. Elsewhere on this site I'm reading how he is projected to be gaining carries so SF can get a looksee.

Is he hurt or other news regarding his status? Just wondering why he is not there on the projections.

I keep looking at the SF player projections but there is no Maurice Hicks. Elsewhere on this site I'm reading how he is projected to be gaining carries so SF can get a looksee.

Is he hurt or other news regarding his status? Just wondering why he is not there on the projections.

589241[/snapback]

Being a Barlow & Hicks owner in one league I've been watching this pretty closely myself. It has been said that San Fran planned on leaning on the hot back, but that Barlow would get first shot in the first couple of series. Barlow, in the meantime, has been quoted that he blames the lack of running game on the injury to Kwamie Harris who is their best OL & will be returning this week. My take is that the coaches want to give Barlow every opportunity to keep his starting job and he knows that his job is on the line. The knock on Barlow this year is that he has been hurt & has seemed to be hesitant to take the hits as a result. My hunch is that he will make the most of getting back Harris and against a very porous St. Louis run defense & keep Hicks on the bench for the most part. The coaches are calling him out, now is his time to respond & I think he has the skills & ability to do so. Whether he chooses to maintain that level of play is another question. I think he can, but only if he has the desire to. Maybe having his job on the line like this will wake him up.

I considered it but I personally view this as a "Portis/Betts" scenario right now. I do not think that Hicks is a better runner than Barlow as much as he has entered the game in different situations and has not been viewed the same by the defense. Let's be serious anyway - any sharing scenario of a ground game that has fallen flat is not gojng to offer much fantasy value anyway.

I considered it but I personally view this as a "Portis/Betts" scenario right now.  I do not think that Hicks is a better runner than Barlow as much as he has entered the game in different situations and has not been viewed the same by the defense.  Let's be serious anyway - any sharing scenario of a ground game that has fallen flat is not gojng to offer much fantasy value anyway.

589422[/snapback]

I just thought it was unusual to not see him with any stats in the projections.

I just thought it was unusual to not see him with any stats in the projections.

592335[/snapback]

I saw the same thing and thought like you did, however, I picked him up on waivers and am starting him this week. Just lookin' for some love on my 3rd back situation since Brown can't stay healthy.