[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

It's time for the

Dr. Sacrebleu

Been trying to do this at the half way point of the season for a couple of years now. Obviously it is a little late for it, but still here we go. This is the thread where you confirm your ff accumen, or shamefully admit to your shortcomings with predictions you made during summer, thepreseason, and the season and how they panned out. You must have documented proof of your early statements either through posts you made, draft picks you made, or trades you made. No fibbing. Only your conscience (and Big John) will know if you are fibbing. And drafting Drew Brees as your 3rd QB in the 15th round is not proof of your genius.

This season having 3 BOTH leagues for money I played it a bit closer to the vest than usual so I don't have a bucket of predictions to show for myself, but here goes

I was so right

-Staying away from small WRs. Though someone else had first voiced it on these boards, I traded away S Smith, and stayed clear of S Moss. I think small speedy guys can get away w it for a season or 2 before defenses adapt and their bodies break. Smith's #s of the previous year were a fluke IMO

- I drafted Drew brees as my 3rd QB in the 15 th round :D

-Though once again I thought that Curtis Martin was going to finally slow down ( I have now been predicting this for 4 years :D ) In almost all of my leagues he was available in the 3rd and 4th round which i knew would make him a steal

-Tiki Barber conversly, I have supported as a great #2 RB despite everyone thinking he is too small, injury prone, and TD adverse.

I was so wrong

-The presidential elections would go to Kerry (see sigline and avatar)

-Blaming thehuddle kool aid and it's Seattle Seahawk manlove for drafting Hasselbeck so early

-McNair would once again be overlooked as such a great FF value for so cheap. Yes he was available pretty late. No he did not do anything constructive for me in the least bit

-Peerless Price would produce as he blossomed in that magical 2nd year on a new team syndrom. He sucked when I drafted him last year too early, and sucked as I drafted him too early this year

-Amani Toomer will once again put up Pro Bowl numbers under the radar

Some preseason thoughts I had. You know which ones are right and which are way off...

LT2 - He's the best player on the board. He worked very hard in the offseason and is in the type of shape that makes women cry. He's the undisputed #1

Fred Taylor - Fragile? Maybe. Maybe not. Not puts you in the top 9, but maybe keeps you from goig higher. I want to be comfortable that my first round pick produces.

Jamal Lewis - My insanity is poking through here. The guy just rushed for 2000+ yards. 3 things drop him in my book. First, that no 2000 yd rusher has ever topped 1500 in the following season, second is Major Reconstructive Knee Surgery, and third is the impending trial that may very well cost weeks if not the rest of his career in production. The potential is top three. The risk is round three. You get #10

Michael Bennett - Be Healthy. Score TDs. You'll be higher next year if you do.

Kevan Barlow - I have a tough time ranking you this high, but you have fewer miles than the people behind you, have shown spurts of potential, and don't seem to be as injury prone. Why couldn't you get past Garrison Hearst, though...?

Hines Ward - Mr Consistency. You'll be the number 5 wideout. Again.

Kevin Jones - I annoint the 'Most Coveted Rookie'. Why? Because of the receiving core, a guy named mooch who loves to run the ball, and the crap that sits behind you.

Curtis Martin - Venerable Curtis. You can do it. Just remember your one-a-day

Marshall Faulk - I am not as sure about you. You, like Mr. Vick, could actually be the top fantasy scorer this year if you could keep your health together. This is how much faith I have in your health

Thomas Jones - You're healthy, so why are you behind the fossils? You have to prove you don't suck to be drafted higher in my book.

Chris Brown - You're healthy, so why are you behind the fossils? You have to prove you don't suck to be drafted higher in my book. You've sucked less than Tom, but only because you've had fewer chances to hoover...

Lee Suggs - You have already been annointed the SOD. Oi...you play in cleveland. Ever heard of a cleveland steamer?

Tiki Barber - Fumbler. You'd be in the top 15 if you could hang on to the $@%#)($ ball.

Andre Johnson - I love this kid. It's sophomore slump time, so I don't rank him as high as I otherwise would, but he's kickin'!

Chris Chambers - Finally a viable #1, with Marty Booker instead of David Boston. Start rubbing some chicken bones on Travis Minor

Tyrone Wheatley - Can you sustain at your age gettin 22 carries a game? I don't think so, but seeing as you are going to get the chance I have to put you somewhere up here. This is a Fargas must have moment.

What about all 175 lbs of Harrison?

Besides him tho, not a bad rule of thumb I spose....

589511[/snapback]

well i'll be....

harrison 6.0 175lbs

moss 5.10 185lbs

s smith 5.9 185 lbs

Adding so as not to be proven totally wrong that the little guys can be deep threats, but are seldom short yardage threats like harrison can be.

My big 2 that I sort of targeting and unfortunately got in almost every league were T. Jones and C. Brown.

Although I still think they proved that they are, or I should say, can be good fantasy players, this year they proved to be about average. Anyone can say "If they would've stayed healthy" but he reality is that they didn't and therefore my ff season has been in the crapper.

So I guess these two are my I was so wrong about their success this year.

so right trading jerry porter and koren robinson for curtis martin and derek mason who were traded for culpepper and javon walker...taking a chance on thomas jones...

so wrong...marshall faulk as my #1 rb...staying far far away from clinton portis - my thought at the begining of the season was that denver rb's do not succeed away from a blocking scheme that is borderline cheating

btw...not drafting small receivers seems like a good rule with the exception of harrison,mason and(sometimes) holt

I was so wrong about:

Quentin Griffin - I thought he would keep the starting gig in Denver and be a great RB2.

Brandon Stokley - No way can a guy who is the #3 WR on his team be a viable fantasy option, right?

Willis McGahee - No way he unseats Travis Henry as the starting RB in Buffalo.

Jake Plummer - Ok, he's still a moron, but he is also a valuable fantasy QB now...I never thought I'd see that day.

Javon Walker - Thought he would continue his inconsistent ways and wouldn't make even a good WR2.

Hines Ward - Not his fault, but I never thought his production could drop off the way it has this year with Roethlisberger at the helm in Pittsburgh.

Clinton Portis - 3 total TDs this late in the season? How the mighty have fallen.

Corey Dillon - He has rebounded and performed better in New England (especially in the TD department) than I thought he would.

Lee Suggs - Thought he would breakout and steal the job from William Green this year. Instead he has been a big disappointment.

Marshall Faulk - was hoping to see him rebound some into being a productive RB1 or great RB2 this year...neither has happened.

I was so right about:

Matt Hasselbeck - most things I read had him ranked as the #4 fanasy QB in the preseason and that surprised me.

Onterrio Smith - thought he would unseat Bennett as the starting RB this season.

Antonio Gates - best move I ever made nabbing him a TE sleeper and drafting him. I know he was a popular sleeper, but I'm certain he has exceeded any of our expectations.

Chris Brown - was worried about his uncertain health status early in the season and dealt him away sometime around week 3.

Kevan Barlow - was hesitant to draft him this year. I just kept thinking, he has no team around him anymore, and if he was so good, how come he couldn't win the job from Hearst for all these years.

Michael Pittman - kept saying he could be a solid option especially in leagues where you get points for receptions. I thought he'd beat his 2 TDs from last year too, but didn't think he'd score this much.

Eddie George - got flack on these boards from some early in the year (and pre-season) for saying stay away from him he was done.

David Carr - Didn't understand how a QB who has never thrown for more than 9 TD in a season was all of a sudden a "stud" after the first couple of weeks this year.

Tiki Barber - another guy I thought wasn't given nearly the respect he deserved in fantasy circles. Remember now, many were believing Dayne would steal carries and maybe his job. :D Still, he has also far exceeded what I thought he'd do this year.

Trent Green - many gave up on him after week 2. I said I still expected him to go on to throw for about 3500 yards and 25 TDs so don't give up on him. People literally laughed and ridiculed me in the other forum. He's on pace for over 4400 yards and 22 TDs.

well i'll be....

harrison 6.0 175lbs

moss 5.10 185lbs

s smith 5.9 185 lbs

Adding so as not to be proven totally wrong that the little guys can be deep threats, but are seldom short yardage threats like harrison can be.

589599[/snapback]

That would be Santana, of course.

Right about:

Willis McGahee - I was in the unfortunate position of having to rebuild 2 teams in 2 keeper leagues. Grabbed Mcgahee in both of them (one by trade, one by draft), and now have myself a cornerstone on each squad.

WRs - waited late in my local $ league to grab WRs, then walked away with a starting tandem of Andre Johnson and Javon Walker, with Michael Clayton as a late round flyer. Serviceable almost every week, and often better than that.

Kevan Barlow - right hereis where I declared that I thought Barlow was overrated...about 2 weeks after loaf did it. :D

Wrong about:

Ahman Green - thought he was the cat's meow. Took him 3rd overall in my local money league, but plenty of people are guilty of that. My crime was trading Terrell owens for Ahman in BOTNH after week 1. :bawling:

Tight ends - thought I had the position covered with Boo Williams and jerramy Stevens. Got lucky though, grabbed Jermaine Wiggins off waivers when he was hurt and held onto him, he's paying dividends now.

Trent Green - thought he'd be a serviceable starter with upside on draft day.

Right...

1. LT over Priest. Youth and a lack of prior serious injuries are the two of the most important qualities in a fantasy back. Phenom feels like a real ass right now.

2. Barlow will be a bust.

3. David Terrell is not a legitimate #1 WR.

4. Don't draft Portis in the first round.

5. Drafted Rudi over Dom Davis (injuries, lack of size).

6. Even with Wayne, Stokley, Pollard, and Clark in the mix, Harrison will still produce.

7. Torry Holt will not get anywhere near 117 receptions, 1,700 yds, and 12 TDs this year.

8. Thomas Jones is a decent #2 fantasy back if Grossman is healthy.

Wrong...

1. Hasselbeck will be a Top 5 fantasy QB. :D

2. Peyton will not end up with anywhere near 40 TDs. :eek:

3. Darrell Jackson's drops will be a thing of the past.

4. Mushin Muhammad's stud days are over.

5. Drew Brees will be the next Jim Harbaugh.

6. Portis will only have 3 TDs going into Week 13. :eek:

7. Coles will have a decent season.

8. Deuce McCallister will have another solid season.

9. The Steelers will not have a great O-line and play outstanding defense this year.

10. Favre will begin to show his age (Glad I was wrong abou that one). :D

Edited by Bill Swerski

Wrong about:

Trent Green - thought he'd be a serviceable starter with upside on draft day.

589906[/snapback]

Trent hasn't been serviceable?

Right...

5. Drafted Rudi over Dom Davis (injuries, lack of size).

589934[/snapback]

In both my main leagues, Davis has outscored Rudi fantasy-wise, despite missing time with injuries. :D

Edited by Skrappy1

Right

1. Stokley as a viable #3 (actually exceeded my expectations).

2. Barlow is garbage

3. Eddie George is garbage

4. Stay away from Ricky Williams

5. Michael Clayton will be the top rookie WR by year's end

6. Michael Vick is over rated

7. Chicago Bears defense will be a nice fantasy defense this year

8. Jason Witten = good

9. Pittman will be a fantasy force when he returns

10. Big Ben will have the most immediate impact of rookie QBs

Wrong

1. Tiki Barber

2. Curtis Martin

3. Laverneous Coles

4. Willis McGahee

5. never draft Manning or CPep (i.e. a QB) in the 1st round

6. thinking Minnesota may have a valid fantasy defense

7. Hines Ward

8. Matt Hasselbeck

9. thought Droughns would be a complete flop

10. (please see #9) Tatum Bell

WRONG:

1) The Chargers will never be any good with Drew Brees as their QB.

2) Emmitt Smith is an over-the-hill joke of a running back.

3) Chad Pennington will take me to our league's super bowl.

4) Tatum Bell will be the featured back this year in Denver.

RIGHT:

1) Eddie George's best days as a football player are behind him.

2) Javon Walker will have a good year.

3) Antonio Gates is a top-tier TE.

4) The Chargers will be 8-8 or better this year.

Trent hasn't been serviceable?

589951[/snapback]

He's 12th in my main league in fantasy points. I guess in a 14-team league that makes him borderline serviceable, but I expected better. Didn't draft him, in this particular league, but I did expect better.

I was right about:

- Alexander being a top 3 over all pick;

- Pittman being worth a late-round flyer;

- Wayne having his best year ever;

- Trading Portis and Barlow for LT2 plus a 2nd rounder;

- Believing in Brees, Gates, Kaeding, and the Chargers starting in Week 3;

- believing that Favre still had lots of game left; and

- Not trusting McNair to stay healthy this year.

I was wrong about:

- drafting Steve Smith in two leagues;

- thinking D-jax had fixed his hands;

- Travis Henry in general;

- thinking Brad Johnson would continue to play at last year's level;

- ignoring the "injury prone" stigma others slapped on Mike Bennett;

- initially dismissing the increased relevance of TEs as WR/TE flex this year; and

- hating on Javon Walker.

Edited by yo mama

Right

That top QB's should get drafted higher

http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?showtopic=53960&hl=

http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?showtopic=52758&hl=

Gunther Cunningham wouldn't help KC's defense at all

http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?showtopic=51563&hl=

http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?showtopic=216&hl=

Michael Vick would be a top 3 QB this year and he isn't overrated

So far he is #5 QB and rising on the huddle stats (I know alot of Huddlers aren't saying much about Vick now). By the way what happened to that Matt Schaub guy?

http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?showtopic=48263&hl=

http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?showtopic=49677&hl=

Edge would be top 5 and possibly top 3

http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?showtopic=42122&hl=

Most overrated RB would be Faulk

http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?showtopic=1504&hl=

In the middle

LT will not be a top 5 back this year and he will get 1,900 yards combined and 12 TD's

http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?showtopic=42153&hl=

Priest would be #1 RB and score 20 TD's.

Well Swerski punked like the punnanny that he is about 4 weeks ago when he thought Holmes was well on his way to getting the 20 TD's. He didn't want to talk to me anymore; put me on the ignore list. C'est la vie. But if anyone can get 20 TD's it's Priest. Not LT.

http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?showtopic=71099&hl=

Birds of a feather...

If I'm wrong, I'm wrong.  As I've said before, I don't really care.

BTW, your gay lover Portis isn't looking so hot with his 3.9 yds/carry and 3 TDs, BigTool.   :D

538602[/snapback]

Wrong

Just about every WR out there from Steve Smith, Charles Rogers, Koren Robinson, Jerry Porter, Randy Moss, Justin Mcaerins. I thought they would do well this year. Biggest miss though is Terrell Owens, I didn't think him and Mcnabb would be this good.

Curtis Martin, Jerome Bettis and Tiki Barber. I have those players that I rank but I know I will never draft because someone else will definitely rank them higher. I was down on Curtis and Jerome because they had too much mileage and Tiki fumbled too much.

Deuce McAllister, Fred Taylor, Tyrone Wheatley and Kevin Barlow. I don't know what happened to Deuce; chalk that up to playing for the Saints. Fred Taylor gets less carries in the red zone than Edge. Wheatley should just retire, he is old and slow. Barlow has just gotten pulled into the 49er vortex of suckness and he can't get out.

Marc Bulger, Steve Mcnair, Kerry Collins - Bulger has decent stats but he seems like he could be doing so much more. Mcnair; well first time drafting him and I think I got taken into the hype of being the MVP and playing well hurt all the time. He is about to go into the Eddie George file. Kerry Collins just sucks and I don't care what he did last week in Denver................

Edited by phenom

Right

-- Although I dissed T.O. in early summer, his preseason convinced me he'd be hooking up with McNabb early and often (didn't have to learn a new system

-- Love DMac, but I had a feeling he would struggle for a while without Terrelle Smith blocking for him (traded him for T.O. in Huddler's Refuge)

-- Corey Dillon would have a great year running against 6- and 7-man defenses

-- Portis would be a huge bust

-- Favre would be one of the best value picks at QB

-- You shouldn't rely on Priest to stay healthy all year

-- Witten had a good chance to end up a top 5 TE

-- Ward's numbers would drop significantly due to Mularkey's departure

Wrong

-- Travis Henry would bounce back and we would be finished talking about McGahee by week 4

-- The loss of Ricky Williams would only increase Chambers' odds of having a huge year

-- Torry Holt had the best chance of ANYONE at any position to repeat his previous year's performance

-- Donte Stallworth would be a top 5 WR is he stayed healthy (SO wrong)

-- Joe Horn was a very risky pick, due to Stallworth's emergence and health issues

-- Aaron Brooks would throw over 30 TDs (mostly due to Stallworth's emergence :D )